Author Topic: PhilandoCastile memorized the names & allergies of the 500 kids he served in the cafeteria  (Read 1262 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://time.com/4397086/minnesota-shooting-philando-castile-role-model-school/

Philando Castile Was a Role Model to Hundreds of Kids, Colleagues Say

Melissa Chan @melissalchan  July 7, 2016     

“He wore a shirt and tie to his supervisor interview and said his goal was to one day sit on the other side of this table"

Colleagues and parents on Thursday remembered Philando Castile as an ambitious man who served as a role model for hundreds of children before he was fatally shot by a police officer during a traffic stop in Minnesota.

Castile, who was known by friends as Phil, was a cafeteria supervisor at J.J. Hill Montessori Magnet School in Saint Paul, Minn., where he memorized the names of the 500 children he served every day — along with their food allergies, his former coworker said.

“He remembered their names. He remembered who couldn’t have milk. He knew what they could have to eat and what they couldn’t,” Joan Edman, a recently retired paraprofessional at the school, told TIME. “This was a real guy. He made a real contribution. Yes, black lives matter. But this man mattered.”

Read the rest- http://time.com/4397086/minnesota-shooting-philando-castile-role-model-school/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:52:39 pm by AbaraXas »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

For those  who called this guy a gang-banger.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:03:34 pm by sinkspur »

Offline Mechanicos

For Mechanicos and the other clueless dopes who called this guy a gang-banger.
He called himself a banger on his face book.
You got Hearsay I got Party Admission. I win.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
For Mechanicos and the other clueless dopes who called this guy a gang-banger.

Yeah, blame the victim.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Knock it off sink...and take it down...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

Having deep respect for police officers I hate admitting when they take a bone-headed move that took an innocent person's life. It may be hitting someone during a high speed chase, or pulling the trigger when it never should have been pulled.   This is one of those times. Though the cell phone video does not paint the whole picture of what happened, and how the conversation went between him and the officer.

Unless the officer truly intended on killing Castile, which I doubt,  I suspect the dialog went something like this and that carelessness on both could have been a  contributing factor.

Officer _ "Let me see your License and Registration please."
Castile - "man this is Bull S%$#,  I didn't do anything."
Castile -  (reaching for wallet) "I have a gun and" ..........not being able to finish the rest of the sentence which would have been "I have a permit to carry it".

As a CCW holder I have always been taught never to use the word "gun" to an officer pulling you over. Hand him your CCW with your drivers license and let him ask you the question if you are carrying.  The conversation above is purely hypothetical, but if the actions by the officer and castile would have been more like this video that I have seen dozens of times since seeing it first in a handgun training class I took my wife to, things would have turned out a whole lot different. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-nePQuT-s
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:16:49 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Three days before his death, Philando took part in this video where it shows his girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, smoked a joint with Philando and her daughter in the background.

Not sure who the father of the 4y/o child is... but Philando didn't seem to mind her breathing in the pot smoke. Think another unknown man. FB status had Philando listed as single with no mention of Diamond, she had married as her FB status.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b95_1468030677
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:39:55 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cowboyway

There was a local kid killed by a rogue cop near here about a year ago.  The kid had been in some trouble for his dope smoking ways and on the night of his murder he and a female passenger in his car had pulled into the Hardee's for some munchies when an unmarked SUV pulled behind him and a plain clothes cop jumped out of the SUV, weapon drawn, running towards the kids car.  Kid freaked and tried to drive off.  The cop ran up to his window and shot him twice at point blank range killing him almost instantly.  Later this cop was observed high fiving another cop, the dead kids hand and told another cop that he had 'finally got him one'.

Did this get national attention?  No.  Why?  Kid was white.

Are there rogue cops out there?  Hell yeah.  Do they carry loaded weapons?  You bet.  Will they shoot you?  In a heartbeat.

What do they call a guy who finishes last in his police academy class?  Police Officer.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline sinkspur

Three days before his death, Philando took part in this video where it shows his girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, smoked a joint with Philando and her daughter in the background.

Not sure who the father of the 4y/o child is... but Philando didn't seem to mind her breathing in the pot smoke. Think another unknown man. FB status had Philando listed as single with no mention of Diamond, she had married as her FB status.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b95_1468030677

Weed is legal in three states and possession of which is rarely prosecuted today in most others.   The Libertarian Party candidate for president smokes weed.  Not sure what this has to do with anything or anything else that you mention.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Just the more reason for my final opinion: this needs to be settled in a court of law with due process.

BLM wants to settle from a single video that occurred after the shooting.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Weed is legal in three states and possession of which is rarely prosecuted today in most others.   The Libertarian Party candidate for president smokes weed.  Not sure what this has to do with anything or anything else that you mention.

Get off you high horse Sinkspur, you provide a link to show character, when I do the very same thing you get all defensive about it. I don't give a hoot about your thoughts on pot, I don't want kids exposed to it and I don't want potheads behind the wheel of a car like shown in the video driving roads that my wife and kids drive. You can take your "free the pot" arguments and stuff them. Next thing you will be telling me is that they got out of the car and walked home instead of driving.

Here is the link.. for some reason in previous post link not working for me. So here it is the link again... without the auto video load.

liveleak.com/view?i=b95_1468030677

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:20:10 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

geronl

I heard he was a pedophile, of course he would get to know the kids