Author Topic: Dolly Parton Makes Announcement About Her So-called ‘Endorsement’ Of Hillary Clinton  (Read 354 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: WESTERN JOURNALISM

URL: http://www.westernjournalism.com/dolly-parton-makes-announcement-about-her-endorsement-of-hillary-clinton/

by: Jack Davis

Country music legend Dolly Parton said Wednesday that she was surprised to learn that she was endorsing Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton for president. She’s not.

Parton posted her commentary on her Facebook page.

“This morning while I was watching the news I saw many reports that I had endorsed Hillary Clinton. My comment about supporting a woman in the White House was taken out of context. I have not endorsed Hillary Clinton nor Donald Trump,” she said.

Parton had been asked in an interview with The New York Times how she feels about a female presidential nominee. “Well, I think that that would be wonderful,” she responded. “Hillary might make as good a president as anybody ever has.”

After clarifying her stance Tuesday, the singer tried to offset any ruffled feathers with a dose of humor.

“I try not to get political but if I am, I might as well just run myself ’cause I’ve got the hair for it, it’s huge, and they could always use more boobs in the race,” she wrote.

Then she disclosed that she is in the same place as millions of other voters.

“But seriously, I have not decided who I’m voting for, but no matter what we’re gonna be suffering from PMS, Presidential Mood Swings,” she wrote.

Parton’s clarification cost her at least one fan.

“I joined this page to support Dolly because i heard she was being harassed for backing Hillary but as she had not even made up her mind yet I will reconsider my support for her and her page. … As I don’t want my name or like number to be in anyway misconstrued as support for trump I will gracefully unfollow and unlike this page until and if Dolly comes to Her senses,” Joana Goldstein wrote in saying goodbye to Parton’s page.

Some posting in response to her latest message sounded off about politics in general.

“You go Dolly I’ll vote for you … you could probably put this country back on track the way it’s supposed to be,” wrote Danny Givens. “ut if you don’t do it still good for you and besides not one person up there I’d go for far as I’m concerned they’re all crooked that is too bad Davy Crockett died years ago he stood up for what he believed in so do I.”

Most said whatever Parton did was fine with them.

“Ms Dolly no matter who you support I will still love ya!! …  You have an opinion and a choice as to who you want to see in that office just as everyone else does … May God Bless You and your family!!” posted Melissa Turner.