Author Topic: Chaffetz: FBI Will Have a Referral Within Hours to See If Clinton Lied Under Oath  (Read 896 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Chaffetz: FBI Will Have a Referral Within Hours to See If Clinton Lied Under Oath

BY: Chandler Gill   July 7, 2016 12:03 pm
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/chaffetz-fbi-referral-within-hours-see-clinton-lied-oath/

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R., Utah) guaranteed to FBI Director James Comey during a congressional hearing Thursday that the FBI will have a referral within hours to investigate Hillary Clinton’s past statements under oath on her private email server.

“Did you review the documents where Congressman Jim Jordan asked her specifically and she said, ‘there was nothing marked classified on my emails either sent or received,’” Chaffetz asked Comey at a House Oversight Committee hearing.

Comey said he did not remember reviewing what Chaffetz cited.

“I don’t remember reviewing that particular testimony,” Comey said. “I’m aware of that being said though.”

Chaffetz then asked if the FBI investigated Clinton’s past statements under oath in front of Congress.

“Did the FBI investigate her statements under oath on this topic?” he asked.

Comey responded that the FBI needed a referral from Congress to be able to investigate the matter.

“Not to my knowledge,” Comey said. “I don’t think there has been a referral from Congress.”

Chaffetz asked to clarify if the FBI director needs a referral from Congress to investigate what was said under oath.

“Sure do,” Comey responded.

Chaffetz laughed.

“You’ll have one,” he said. “You’ll have one in the next few hours.”

exc

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Comey admitted that he did not interview Hitlery personally and that he did not even talk to all of the 5 or 6 agents who did. And she did not answer FBI questions UNDER OATH. That is insane!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Martha Stewart served time in prison, for lying to the FBI about securities transactions.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

Comey admitted that he did not interview Hitlery personally and that he did not even talk to all of the 5 or 6 agents who did. And she did not answer FBI questions UNDER OATH. That is insane!

I have the hearing on TV but I did not hear what you posted as I am multi-tasking right now.  I can't believe they didn't put her under oath.  I didn't know anyone being questioned by the FBI had a choice or the FBI had a choice - I thought anyone would be put under oath.  Any one of us would be under oath and go to jail if we lied under oath.  She had a go home free card given to her by them.  Just amazing.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I have the hearing on TV but I did not hear what you posted as I am multi-tasking right now.  I can't believe they didn't put her under oath.  I didn't know anyone being questioned by the FBI had a choice or the FBI had a choice - I thought anyone would be put under oath.  Any one of us would be under oath and go to jail if we lied under oath.  She had a go home free card given to her by them.  Just amazing.

I still can't believe it. Comey is excusing her on so very many levels and his own interpretation of the statute.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline r9etb

I can't believe they didn't put her under oath.  I didn't know anyone being questioned by the FBI had a choice or the FBI had a choice - I thought anyone would be put under oath.  Any one of us would be under oath and go to jail if we lied under oath.  She had a go home free card given to her by them.  Just amazing.

I believe that nobody gets put under oath by the FBI prior to questioning.  However, it is a crime to lie to them under questioning.

Offline flowers

Nothing will happen to her. This is all kabuki and it only will help her and the dems.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Wasn't it just headline on DRUDGE, that the FBI never placed her under oath.

Thus the terminology used...."Interview", vs. "questioning".

Got Bubba that way....not gonna happen again.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Hillary is TOO BIG to have to go under oath.

Is that what Bill and Loretta really talked about?

Loretta: "Comey is completely on board. Have Hillary come in. She doesn't need to be under oath. How are the grandkids?"

Bill: "Great, that will work. How are your kids?"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln