Author Topic: Trump, Republicans to Meet Thursday For 'Frank Exchange'  (Read 726 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, Republicans to Meet Thursday For 'Frank Exchange'
« on: July 07, 2016, 12:53:30 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=737441

Newsmax
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 08:45 PM

By: Jason Devaney

Donald Trump will hold meetings with several Republicans on Capitol Hill Thursday as the outspoken real estate mogul and the GOP try to mend fences ahead of the convention.

According to The Hill,  Trump is scheduled to meet with Republicans from the House at the Capitol Hill Club, followed by a sit-down with Senate Republicans at the National Republican Senatorial Committee headquarters.

"I look forward to having a frank exchange tomorrow," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said, reports The Hill. "All of us are anxious to win the presidential election."

Not all Republicans will be in attendance, however. Several lawmakers who are running for reelection have excuses for why they can't meet with Trump.

The Hill reports Arizona Sen. John McCain, New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and Rep. Darrell Issa of California all said they have schedule conflicts.

"I'm not even sure if I'm gonna be there. I've got a pretty full schedule," Issa told The Hill.

According to CNN,  Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan said he is already booked.

"I've got a long-standing appointment downtown and I don't know at what time I can get out of that and get back to the Hill," Upton said.

Rep. Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania said he's still not sure whether he'll attend the meeting because of issues he has with some of Trump's campaign rhetoric.

"I intend to go, but I could change my mind between now and then," Dent said, reports CNN.

Last month, GOP chief Reince Priebus said talk of a fractured GOP over Trump serving as the presumptive presidential nominee was "pure fiction,"  although reports suggest otherwise.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Re: Trump, Republicans to Meet Thursday For 'Frank Exchange'
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 12:56:52 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=737441

Newsmax
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 08:45 PM

By: Jason Devaney

Donald Trump will hold meetings with several Republicans on Capitol Hill Thursday as the outspoken real estate mogul and the GOP try to mend fences ahead of the convention.

According to The Hill,  Trump is scheduled to meet with Republicans from the House at the Capitol Hill Club, followed by a sit-down with Senate Republicans at the National Republican Senatorial Committee headquarters.

"I look forward to having a frank exchange tomorrow," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said, reports The Hill. "All of us are anxious to win the presidential election."

Not all Republicans will be in attendance, however. Several lawmakers who are running for reelection have excuses for why they can't meet with Trump.

The Hill reports Arizona Sen. John McCain, New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and Rep. Darrell Issa of California all said they have schedule conflicts.

"I'm not even sure if I'm gonna be there. I've got a pretty full schedule," Issa told The Hill.

According to CNN,  Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan said he is already booked.

"I've got a long-standing appointment downtown and I don't know at what time I can get out of that and get back to the Hill," Upton said.

Rep. Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania said he's still not sure whether he'll attend the meeting because of issues he has with some of Trump's campaign rhetoric.

"I intend to go, but I could change my mind between now and then," Dent said, reports CNN.

Last month, GOP chief Reince Priebus said talk of a fractured GOP over Trump serving as the presumptive presidential nominee was "pure fiction,"  although reports suggest otherwise.

Who are they going to exchange him for???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 01:07:20 pm »
Who are they going to exchange him for???
An expired can of deviled ham would be a pretty good deal.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 01:11:39 pm »

Someone be sure to tell Trump that Frank is not someone on his VP shortlist.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 01:33:24 pm »

Someone be sure to tell Trump that Frank is not someone on his VP shortlist.

I'm hearing Frank Underwood is tanned, rested and ready to go.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 02:23:50 pm »
An expired can of deviled ham would be a pretty good deal.

:silly: :silly: :silly:
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 02:27:47 pm »
I'm hearing Frank Underwood is tanned, rested and ready to go.

With a few side plot exceptions, House of Cards is almost a bioptic of the Clintons.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 07:43:28 pm »
The last thing Trump wants is a "frank exchange".