Author Topic: Gary Johnson Says Hillary is No Criminal  (Read 1143 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Gary Johnson Says Hillary is No Criminal
« on: July 06, 2016, 07:44:59 pm »
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/gary-johnson-says-hillary-no-criminal/

Yesterday’s announcement by FBI Director James Comey, outlining the many indiscretions involved in Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server, seemed to be building toward a clear indictment. That turned out not to be the case, as Comey finished his press conference with the declaration that charges would not be recommended.  The outcry across the internet was instantaneous; with memes and hashtags declaring she was #abovethelaw. Many conservative and libertarian pundits added their voices to this outcry. But not Gary Johnson. As the former governor told CNN just a few days ago, he believes Hillary is innocent:

“I’m not a stone-thrower when it comes to Hillary Clinton and her emails and her server,” he said. “I don’t think there has been criminal intent on Hillary Clinton’s part. I don’t see an indictment.”

The former two-term governor of New Mexico doesn’t seem to have a negative thing to say about Hillary lately. During CNN’s Libertarian town hall, Johnson was asked to make a brief word association after several names were called out. When the announcer said, “Hillary Clinton,” Johnson replied, “a wonderful public servant.” Bill Weld, Johnson’s VP choice, said she was an “old friend” and that they had a “life-long bond.”  When Barack Obama’s name was mentioned, Johnson said, “a good guy,” and his running mate Bill Weld said, “statesman-like.” By contrast, Johnson has repeatedly called Trump “a racist,” despite repeated insistence that he isn’t going to participate in “name-calling,” and will “stick to the issues.”

Johnson has long been considered by many to be more of a leftist that leans libertarian. His choice of Bill Weld as a running mate only reinforced this perspective. Their very positive (an not infrequent) comments toward the very non-libertarian Democratic party nominee (and current government officials) contrasted with their willingness to bash the (also not-libertarian) Republican Trump, seem telling.

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Gary Johnson Says Hillary is No Criminal
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:52:06 pm »
Oh, fer cryin' out loud, intent has nothing to do with the laws she violated.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 07:55:04 pm »
Hey, NeverTrumps ... here's your guy!   :whistle:

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:15:34 pm »

He's not my guy.  Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party is my guy.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 09:40:24 pm »
Least of three evils, man. Least of three evils.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 12:28:20 am »
He's not my guy.  Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party is my guy.

Ditto.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 02:06:08 am »
Dumbest of the 3 evils.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 03:10:12 am »
Huh?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 05:27:55 am »
Not mine. I'm voting for Nona. Nona D'abov.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis