Author Topic: Donald Trump: Americans should 'pay a little bit more' for U.S.-made products to save jobs  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Trump doesn't talk about small (Loser) business.

Everybody shoots to be the next Reagan but I say screw that, Be the next Coolidge. That would honor Reagan.

So you operate from a position of ignorance of Trump's positions here.

http://sbecouncil.org/2015/08/06/donald-trump-a-small-business-snapshot-on-the-issues/

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RetBobbyMI

It's disingenuous to attack Trump as a civilian business man operating in a competitive global market for being competitive now - before hes in a position to change anything to make America more competitive.
And what is there to believe he has the ability to do that?  Is he going the skirt the constitution just like all the other DC politicians? He hasn't stated any specifics, within the constitution, that he as a President can do constitutionally.  THAT is disingenuous.

Do you have any evidence that he will not use American resources once he addresses the problems that make it so most of our textile industry has fled America to other countries?
What evidence do you have to the contrary?

Again, the President should execute the laws passed by Congress, not his own agenda.  To do anything else is nothing more than Obama is doing now.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RoosGirl

It's disingenuous to attack Trump as a civilian business man operating in a competitive global market for being competitive now - before hes in a position to change anything to make America more competitive.

Do you have any evidence that he will not use American resources once he addresses the problems that make it so most of our textile industry has fled America to other countries?

Because he has the opportunity now to use US businesses to make his crap and he chooses not to.  His Made In China campaign hats example number one.

Offline Mechanicos

And what is there to believe he has the ability to do that?  Is he going the skirt the constitution just like all the other DC politicians? He hasn't stated any specifics, within the constitution, that he as a President can do constitutionally.  THAT is disingenuous.

Your comment here shows you have no clue as to US history on trade. It is constitutional and the laws are already in place. The situation we are in now is arguably unconstitutional because of those laws and precedent  already existing.

What evidence do you have to the contrary?

So you have nothing and try to flip it to prove a negative. You made the claim. And have failed to back it up.

Again, the President should execute the laws passed by Congress, not his own agenda.  To do anything else is nothing more than Obama is doing now.

Again this comment shows ignorance of existing laws and US history. He already has the laws present and congress approved to do all he has said he will do.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RetBobbyMI

No need for personal attacks.  I asked you to present your arguments and all you can do is attack the questions and me. You failed to convince me of anything except of your bullying tactics.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

When he moves all of his Trump branded merchandise to the states as a sign of he's serious about restoring the American manufacturing sector to greatness...then he'll have my attention.

However Trump...as well as sheep like yourself have shown little interest in actually tackling the real issues that have forced manufacturers to leave the U.S.

You just want to use stolen campaign slogans and failed 85 year old economic plans hoping no one realizes how dumb the man pitching them really is.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:29:07 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mechanicos

No need for personal attacks.  I asked you to present your arguments and all you can do is attack the questions and me. You failed to convince me of anything except of your bullying tactics.
oh BS, there was no personal attacks nor bullying.

Offline Mechanicos

When he moves all of his Trump branded merchandise to the states as a sign of he's serious about restoring the American manufacturing sector to greatness...then he'll have my attention.

However Trump...as well as sheep like yourself have shown little interest in actually tackling the real issues that have forced manufacturers to leave the U.S.

You just want to use stolen campaign slogans and failed 85 year old economic plans hoping no one realizes how dumb the man pitching them really is.
And other then dancing to the tune of people who have made a point they will not vote for him under any circumstances what is his business motivation for increasing the cost of his campaign at this time? See if Hilary's vote fraud steals the election all he has spent is gone. The issue here is not what Trump is doing, its about making American manufacturing competitive again.

See, this is whats called a non-issue in this election. Just like his tax forms and the other Talking Point Memo list of issues it is not going control the narrative this election.

Offline RetBobbyMI

And other then dancing to the tune of people who have made a point they will not vote for him under any circumstances what is his business motivation for increasing the cost of his campaign at this time? See if Hilary's vote fraud steals the election all he has spent is gone. The issue here is not what Trump is doing, its about making American manufacturing competitive again.

See, this is whats called a non-issue in this election. Just like his tax forms and the other Talking Point Memo list of issues it is not going control the narrative this election.

More lectures from someone who never has anything constructive to contribute.  If he was so intent on gaining support for the Orange wonder, he would at least offer some tidbits of evidence to support his claims.  The fact of the matter is that Trump has not offered one ounce of description of what and how he intends to "Make America Great Again".  He only presents his one liners and tweet phrases with no substance behind it.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
the ONLY Substance that Donny cares a thing about is CASH!!!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:51:43 pm by Meshuge Mikey »
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Hypocrisy must be a concept beyond your understanding.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

A lot of people will argue that Smoot Hawley didn't cause the Great Depression.
That is true, but it definitely made a bad situation much worse.
We will eradicate the middle class if we repeat this,and the poor will be poorer yet.
Fair trade as in, my 1,000,000 gumballs for your 1,000,000 marbles?
Sure, why not?
Tariffs (especially unreasonable ones)? No way.
It hurts both the Importer and the Exporter, and those cost will be past on to us.
Lower taxes and regulations on American businesses is the only way to go.
The rest can work itself out.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:55:56 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
SOURCE: LOS ANGELES TIMES

URL: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-donald-trump-speech-20160630-snap-story.html

by: Noah Bierman

Donald Trump again defied Republican orthodoxy during an event in a former factory in New Hampshire on Thursday, declaring that “we’re better off paying a little bit more” for consumer products if it means protecting American jobs.

“The goods will also be of a higher quality,” Trump added. “We’re known for that.”

The comments came as Trump is building on the proposition that has surpassed immigration as his central campaign theme: that decades of trade pacts have depressed U.S. manufacturing and lowered wages.

Thursday’s speech, which included questions from an invited audience, supplemented a more formal address Trump delivered earlier this week in which he threatened to end trade pacts and impose tariffs. The speech drew criticism from the Chamber of Commerce and other longtime stalwarts of the GOP’s business wing, along with a lengthy rebuke from President Obama.

Trump pushed back against their criticism Thursday, saying that he is in favor of free trade but that the U.S. has done a poor job of making deals.

“Yes, I’m a free trader,” Trump said.

“Here’s my stance on trading: I want to make great deals for the United States,” he said. Yet he also threatened to impose taxes of 35% on companies that ship jobs overseas, a step that would likely require congressional approval and one that would not fit the usual definition of free trade.

The format exposed the risk Trump was taking in allowing unscripted questions, even though the event was restricted to invited guests. One member of the audience requested that more veterans get jobs in the Transportation Security Administration, making an offensive generalization about airport screening staff. “Get rid of all these heeby-jobbies they wear,” she said, an apparent reference to hijabs, or veils, worn by some Muslim women.

Trump tried to cut her off – “we are looking at that” – though he did not contradict her.

EXCERPT ONLY, CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

...........Right after he closes all of his foreign ventures that have cost American jobs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rodamala

There is something disingenuous about your choice of avatar given your choice in presidential candidate.

What are you resisting, exactly?  I just don't see it.  Maybe a superconductor on the tyranny express... but a resistive element?  Oh, Puh-leaze.

Wingnut

Trump opens global jobs market with new trading partner.