Author Topic: Christine M. Flowers: Being pro-life, I'll hold my nose, vote for Trump  (Read 1631 times)

Silver Pines

8888crybaby....I am so troubled over this....I fear God will deservedly punish me if I vote for him....

Myst, if your conscience is screaming at you like that, listen to it.

I once prayed about voting for a candidate with similar liberal views, although nowhere near as bad as Trump.  I was convinced I was being led away from supporting the man.  But I ended up voting for him anyway out of fear, and the very next day, God began his chastisement of me.  I suffered a spiritual crisis that lasted for a few years. 

Silver Pines

Abaraxas, thank you so much for that quote...wow.

Online Right_in_Virginia

8888crybaby....I am so troubled over this....I fear God will deservedly punish me if I vote for him....

@mystery-ak, I don't believe God works that way.  I think His expectations are for us to use all the gifts He's given us to make the right or best choices this side of Paradise---even if the choice is between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

FWIT, I've come to believe the biggest mistake the "pro-life movement" made was to hitch our star to politicians.  I have often wondered what we could have accomplished as a force outside politics; the avenues could we have paved to end abortion--- one life at a time.  This is what I'm afraid I'll have to explain to the One who matters.

But please know I'm wishing you peace as you move through this journey.

geronl

@mystery-ak, I don't believe God works that way.  I think His expectations are for us to use all the gifts He's given us to make the right or best choices this side of Paradise---even if the choice is between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

There are many other choices. My conscience would never allow me to support either of these leftists

Online mountaineer

:beer:
About damned time!   :laugh:
Don't count your chickens or my vote just yet.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

There are many other choices. My conscience would never allow me to support either of these leftists

Just curious, is your conscience at peace with a Hillary Clinton presidency and the resulting Federal courts that will promote liberal social behavior for the next fifty years .... along with the gospel that all rights and goodness flow from the one world government?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
FWIT, I've come to believe the biggest mistake the "pro-life movement" made was to hitch our star to politicians.  I have often wondered what we could have accomplished as a force outside politics; the avenues could we have paved to end abortion--- one life at a time.  This is what I'm afraid I'll have to explain to the One who matters.

I find it ironic that you, one of the most fervent Trump advocates on this board, are making this statement. That being said, I agree with it wholeheartedly, even though I come to a different conclusion—trusting in God and not politics, I feel liberated from the "us vs. them" dynamic that drives a lot of it today and am free to vote my conscience.

Rest assured, the number of abortions in America is thankfully on a downward trend, even as our population grows. We are making progress, as frustratingly slow as it may seem.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

CS Lewis had a way of distilling difficult concepts into strong, clear statements.

"We have to keep our eye on the goal, and go straight through between both errors."

Pro-life people cannot make the mistake of voting for a pro-abortion candidate. 

The goal is too important to be forgotten and allow ourselves to be lured by the siren telling us that one of these candidates is less evil than the other.

Evil is evil, and we cannot be swayed into thinking it's not.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:25:39 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Abortion and the military are my top two issues...I abhor anyone who supports or condones abortion as I consider it murdering a baby....but that's just me.

I am the one who will have to answer for this vote...and I believe God does work that way...you have to answer for your sins.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Again, individual states, Ohio, New Jersey, Texas, Wisconsin, I can't even enumerate all of them, have quelled the abortion industry quite a bit but I don't think the pro-life movement has "hitched" its star to politicians. Hardly.

It's more like a multi-faceted attack, I can't find pro-life websites hardly that are saying "vote for so and so and we'll end abortion".

People need to spend time knowing about the movement, whether it be online websites or praying for an end to abortion or going to a pregnancy crisis center or sidewalk counselors or protesters outside of an abortion mill.

I think it's shortsighted to even contemplate that the pro-life movement is tying its movement to politicians.

It's really a movement too within churches.

Like for example, Rev. Childress' black genocide website, his aim is to educate the public.

http://blackgenocide.org/home.html

Operation Rescue is another good site: http://www.operationrescue.org/

Along with lifenews , lifesitenews, liveaction, etc.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:35:50 am by TomSea »

geronl

Just curious, is your conscience at peace with a Hillary Clinton presidency

I am at peace with not supporting Hillary or Trump, Satan or Baal.

I have never been more at peace politically, to tell the truth. Since I no longer consider myself a Republican, I don't feel anxious or nervous about political stuff. It won't bother me that Trump spells the death of the Republican Party, not my party any more.

Neither of the major party candidates come close to being acceptable or even decent. Both are horrible at being human beings.

I'm just going to sit in my comfy chair, eat popcorn and shake my head slowly in amazement all year long. 

Go Meteor! Go Dead Whale! Go Castle!...

Online roamer_1

As long as there is a Conservative on the ballot, I will vote for the Conservative.
Therein, Life is protected naturally, as part of Social Conservatism.

I will be voting for Darrell Castle.

Imagine if every Conservative committed to do the same.

Offline Crazieman

@AbaraXas

Beautiful and succinct.  Thanks for finding that.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?

Thanks, AbaraXas!  That is an awesome quote!
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan