Author Topic: Rush: Don't Be Depressed Over Hillary Clinton Skating on the Email Scandal: It's Now Up to Trump and the GOP to Make the Case  (Read 1677 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/05/don_t_be_depressed_over_hillary_clinton_skating_on_the_email_scandal_it_s_now_up_to_trump_and_the_gop_to_make_the_case

Don't Be Depressed Over Hillary Clinton Skating on the Email Scandal: It's Now Up to Trump and the GOP to Make the Case
July 05, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I hope none of you are depressed.  I'm sure a lot of you are.  I told you that we were being played throughout this whole thing.  I never wavered, even when Comey started today.  We've got some sound bites coming up of the FBI director, James Comey.  When he started out, I'm sure there's some of you, "Oh, my God, oh, my God, he's gonna lower the boom!"

And I knew throughout the whole thing, there's no way that Barack Hussein O is gonna put Hillary on Air Force One today, fly to a campaign event, if the FBI director is going to recommend she be indicted.  It just wasn't gonna happen.  And then, furthermore, this puts in perspective now that apparently off-the-cuff, surprise meeting between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch.  Well, man, oh, man, isn't it amazing how that worked out.

So they have the meeting, it's discovered by a lone media outlet, the ABC affiliate in Phoenix. It blows up just like that lone picture of the Clintons dancing on the beach three weeks before the Lewinsky story appeared on Drudge. Everybody got all hopped up. And just like that one picture appeared and Mike McCurry in the White House started bellyaching about it, nobody had seen it, it's pre-internet, front page of the LA Times.  What picture?

So they got the picture out everywhere.  And then three weeks later here comes the Lewinsky story on Drudge. It had been spiked by Newsweek.  Here we go.  So you have the one media outlet in Phoenix that finds out Clinton's on the plane with Lynch.  Then it blows up and everybody finds out about it and all hell breaks loose.

Lynch is acting all embarrassed. (imitating Lynch) "You know what? I tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna back out of this. I am going to accept the recommendation of the FBI and the career prosecutors at the Department of Justice."  Isn't she looking like a champion today to the people that matter.  She backs out.

Do you think anybody knew what was coming down the pike?  I mean, Comey said nobody knew, he hadn't talked to anybody.  If you want to be depressed, look, I understand it.  The thing to be really disappointed about is the sad reality that just one institution after another that we used to be able to count on, that we thought was reliable, they all seem to be crumbling right before our very eyes.

So now, where we are with this, I mean, we can parse Comey, we can go through it, andwe will today just for the fun of it.  'Cause you know what I thought I was listening to today?  I told Mr. Snerdley, I said, "James Comey's press conference today reminded me of Joe Biden's announcement saying he wasn't running."  Remember that?

Biden goes out and announces he's not running, but if you listen to the speech all throughout the speech you got the impression he was gonna run, because it laid out an agenda, it detailed what problems exist and how he was gonna solve them.  I mean, it was the speech of somebody that was gonna run, and at the end of it he said he's not going to.  I had the same feeling today watching Comey.

He lays out all the violations. He lays out all the irregularities. He lays out all the problems, and there are a lot of people in jail for doing exactly what he's exonerated Hillary Clinton for today.  Where does Petraeus go to get his reputation back?  I mean, they charged him with a felony until he settled for something far less than this.

Comey admits that it's likely that hostile adversaries have seen detailed data from her servers, that she had more than one.  He's going through all this and then says (paraphrasing), "but there's nothing to see here.  There's not a reasonable prosecutor out there that would make this case, that would bring these charges."  I said, "Man, this is just like the Biden speech for what it's worth."  The Clintons pulled a trick.

Here's another thing.  How many of you got all excited when you found out that Cheryl Mills had been brought in there once again for another interview and then took the fifth all these times?  Do you know what the Clintons did with that?  It's finally been uncovered.  This whole thing started in 2013.  Hillary hired a lot of her assistants as her lawyer and then claimed privilege so that they would not have to answer any questions about what went on in her office, and Cheryl Mills is one of those examples.

She hires Cheryl Mills, quote, unquote, as a lawyer, and Mills thus can't testify because lawyer-client privilege, even though Mills was hired after all of this had happened.  Comey didn't talk about any of that.

So where we are now is that it's gonna be up to Trump and the Republicans to make the case, since the DOJ is not.  I mean, there's no way that the DOJ is gonna bring charges when the FBI director doesn't suggest doing so, when there's no recommendation.

Now, there is a parallel investigation Comey didn't talk about and that's into the Clinton Crime Family Foundation.  That was another aspect of the Clinton-Lynch meeting that people were saying, "Wait a minute now, he's under investigation, too, what the heck's going on?"  Same thing, folks.  I wouldn't expect anything to come of that, like nothing was gonna ever come of this.  I can't tell you the number of times, and I'm sure it happened to you, too, no matter where you go people ask you, "Do you think Hillary's gonna be indicted?" A lot of people thought, "I think they're gonna get her. This is serious stuff. This is playing with fire. This is national security. It's top secret information."

And it's like every other time. They get all hopped up, all anticipatory, all thinking this is gonna be the time, this is gonna be it."  And I think the Clintons actually have a playbook strategy.  I think one of the things they relish doing is using instances like this to get people on our side all hopped up and eager and excited, thinking that there's gonna be an actual, in this case indictment or some form of punishment, and they always skate, and people get deflated and depressed and they throw their hands up and despair and say, "I'm through with it. I'm finished. I don't care. It doesn't matter what I do. It doesn't matter how I vote. They're gonna win no matter what we do," blah, blah, blah.

And that's their objective, is to dispirit you, depress you, and to have you thinking there's nothing that can be done to beat them.  They just have an answer or a way to slither out of virtually everything.  But I do think we were played.  I spent a lot of time on Friday detailing why.  And it has come to pass.

Let's go through some of the things here that Comey said.  There is evidence that they were extremely careless.  "No evidence of intent to violate law, but evidence of carelessness with classified material."  I always thought that intent was irrelevant.  "Officer, I didn't intend to speed.  I just wasn't paying attention."  Oh, really?  Okay, you weren't trying.  Well, then forget that I stopped you.

COMEY:  Secretary Clinton used multiple servers.  The meaning of that is there was no doubt a concerted effort on the part of Mrs. Clinton to keep whatever she was doing out of public view.  There's no question this was going on in total violation of government law.  Comey admitted that Crooked Hillary sent and received all levels of classified information.  He said the FBI also discovered several thousand work related emails.

Remember that Hillary claimed under oath that she had surrendered all emails but they kept finding things in a drip, drip, drip, drip, drip kind of fashion.  FBI director Comey said from 30,000 emails that were deleted by Hillary, 110 emails in 55 email chains contained classified emails, eight of them top secret, 36 secret, but we think that Hillary just deleted emails like you do and like I do.  You occasionally decide you need to purge your inbox.  So you just start deleting things here and there to make room.  You're not specifically hunting and pecking for which emails to delete; you just select a bunch and you delete 'em.  And we think that's all that went on here.

The FBI director said email chains regarding a then-top secret program involved Hillary both sending and receiving emails.  The FBI director said there is evidence Clinton and associates were very careless in the handling of classified material and a private server was no place for such careless handling, and yet she did it.  And, remember, Petraeus was actually charged with the crimes that Hillary could have been charged with.  He revealed classified data to his biographer, slash, mistress.  She was writing a book on him, he gave her classified information, passed it along, and it was the Regime, it was the Obama administration which pursued and went after Petraeus and basically took him out.

He was somebody at one time being talked about as a potential Republican presidential or vice presidential candidate.  But they took care of him.  Petraeus' reputation's gone, and it's no better than the guy who did the video that did not incite the protests and the violence at Benghazi.

The FBI director said, "the security culture of the State Department was generally lacking compared to elsewhere in the US government," but still there's nothing to see here.  The FBI director said, "It is possible hostile actors gained access to Clinton's personal email account."  It is possible hostile actors gained access to Clinton's personal email account.  You know, the thing about that, indictment or not, Crooked Hillary allowed top secret information to be open to attack by foreign governments, and WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, who's still holed up in the Ecuador embassy in Britain, in London, said he's got enough information to get her indicted.  Of course, that's a moot point now, but he's gonna keep releasing things.

As I say, it's gonna be up to Trump and the Republicans now to prosecute Hillary on this.  It's gonna be up to them to make campaign issues out of all these things, the lack of concern, the laziness, whatever charges you want to make about her unfitness and her lack of attention to necessary detail, her unqualified status, if you will, since there will not be any official action.  By the way, some people are gonna try to find some positive in that, too.  Let me give you a version of how that's gonna go.

"Hey, Rush, it's not all bad.  Think of it this way."  And actually I know this 'cause I've had people write me this this morning.  "Look, if Hillary had been indicted -- and you said it yourself last week -- if Hillary had been indicted, the Democratic Party would have rallied to her and a bunch of Democrat independents would have rallied to her simply because they're not gonna be sitting around idle and let the Republicans take Hillary out this way, 'cause they'll think it's a vast right-wing conspiracy, they've got her, 'cause Comey has long been known as something other than a Democrat. He's a straight shooter, which means he's uncorruptible, and so if she had been indicted, Rush, that might have meant either the Democrat Party really circles the wagons and supports her no matter what, or it could have been Biden.  Rush, imagine if she has to get out and Biden becomes the guy? I mean, it'd be really, really much more difficult for Trump to beat Biden than it would Hillary, so, Rush, it may be a net positive here."

People are gonna be looking for all kinds of things to hold onto here to not give up on everything.  I don't blame people looking for those things.  There may be some validity to some of them as well.  The FBI director said "no reasonable prosecutor would bring this case."  No reasonable prosecutor would bring this case.  Now, what Comey brings to this, he's got a straight shooter reputation.  James Comey has, among everybody that knows him, strict law and order, uncorruptible, has not been corrupted to this point in time.

If Comey says it, you can trust it.  That's his reputation.  When he says no reasonable prosecutor would bring this case, it's kind of like saying no reasonable Supreme Court justice would ever look at Obamacare and call it constitutional.  Or further, no reasonable Supreme Court chief justice would ever take Obamacare and rewrite it from the bench to make it constitutional.  So what we had here, the FBI director detailed gross misconduct and then said there will be no prosecution.

The bottom line from Comey:  "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."  Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.  There is evidence, potential violations.  Isn't that one of the things you do a trial for?

Mr. Snerdley, a pop quiz.  Who was the last -- well, I don't want to give the answer away in the question.  Who was the last public figure we were all told in the legal system, straight shooter, you can trust this guy, he is untainted by either party, this guy's a bulldog, he puts his nose to the grindstone and he digs it out until he's got the truth, and when he gets it, you can count on it.  Right! Patrick Fitzgerald, who was the special prosecutor that nailed Scooter Libby for lying to him in the Valerie Jarrett leak case, even though we all knew who leaked her name. They got Scooter Libby for supposedly lying during the investigation.

So Patrick Fitzgerald, we were all told this guy's above the law. You can't taint this guy. He's a straight shooter, that's all he cares about, is the law. He doesn't have a girlfriend. He eats pizza out of boxes and drinks Diet Coke and doesn't even have any furniture except a wooden chair in his apartment; that's how serious he is.  And they say the same thing about Comey. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I'm holding here in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers a story from TheHill.com just today.  Ready for the headline?  "Court: Officials Can't Use Private Email Accounts to Evade Records Laws." That's TheHill.com, July 5th, 2016.  "Federal officials may not use private email accounts to get around public records laws, a federal judge ruled on Tuesday.   The US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit overturned a lower court decision in which judges dismissed claims from the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank that attempted to obtain correspondence from a top White House official through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

"The White House's Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) said it did not need to search for or turn over records held by the head of the OSTP on a private email account as part of the open records request." So to review: A conservative think tank wants records from the guy who runs the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and the White House says (summarized), "No. Those emails are on his private server, and you can't get them." So the White House specifically cited private server location -- private email server location -- as a means of denying a Freedom of Information Act request.

Which is, by the way, why Hillary did this in part.  There were many reasons.  "In addition to official White House email, John Holdren, the director of the OSTP, also sent and received emails from a domain at the Woods Hole Research Center."  So a judge (his name is David Sentelle) disagreed.  He said if... I don't have time to read you his ruling, but the bottom line is you can't use a private email server to shield your work from FOIA requests.  What a day to hear that!

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Its up to Trump and the GOP to make the case against Hillary...

Why should we not be depressed again?

geronl

If it is up to Trump and the GOP establishment, then Hillary has already won.

We had a chance to put up a real nominee and it was blown.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The GOP has no power and surrendered their Constitutional obligations to Obama and played kabuki theater with both the IRS and Benghazi scandals and did nothing.

'Making the case" will be as pointless and useless as it was having Darrell Issa in charge of a committee looking into gross criminality.

Trump has no power but what spews from his mouth and it remains to be seen if he will relentlessly attack Hillary as viciously and personally as he did all the Conservatives in the primary.

His tweet this morning was pathetic and didn't come near to the kind of vitriol he flung at Cruz on a daily basis.

Because I remain convinced Trump is just Hillary's Stalking Horse.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 06:52:24 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

1. I do NOT recall Trump, attacking "conservatives" in the primary

2. Trump has been MORE effective going against the dems, than all the elected House, Senate Republicans and Potus candidates, combined.

3. I missed the remarks by Darrell Castle, in the media.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

2. Trump has been MORE effective going against the dems, than all the elected House, Senate Republicans and Potus candidates, combined.

3. I missed the remarks by Darrell Castle, in the media.

4) Missed Ted Cruz remarks too.

Offline flowers

How much of that 6billion missing from the state dept during queen hillarys run of the place went into Lynch and Comeys off shore accounts? 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

So deaf dumb and blind, or deliberately disingenuous.

I'm going with the latter.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

4) Missed Ted Cruz remarks too.

Yeah, that too. Hannity starting now on XM Patriot Ch. 125, AM 1150 (Lost Angeles) to hear relevant commentary.

Separately I think Trump should announce forming a "shadow investigation" with somebody like Rudy Giuliani in charge, to find felony recommendations and to use in his campaign.

He takes the position, the entire FedGov is corrupt, parties too, and we need very big changes. Listening to Giuliani right now.

Offline flowers

Yeah, that too. Hannity starting now on XM Patriot Ch. 125, AM 1150 (Lost Angeles) to hear relevant commentary.

Separately I think Trump should announce forming a "shadow investigation" with somebody like Rudy Giuliani in charge, to find felony recommendations and to use in his campaign.

He takes the position, the entire FedGov is corrupt, parties too, and we need very big changes. Listening to Giuliani right now.
;)

Offline sinkspur

All of this Hillary corruption has been factored into her numbers, just as the Trump crazy factor is part of Trump's numbers.

Trump should be focused on reducing his miscues and gaffes because, right now, the election is about the stability and feasibility of a Trump presidency. And he doesn't help himself with Star of David controversies.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

Gingrich on Hannity radio show, now.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
All of this Hillary corruption has been factored into her numbers, just as the Trump crazy factor is part of Trump's numbers.

Trump should be focused on reducing his miscues and gaffes because, right now, the election is about the stability and feasibility of a Trump presidency. And he doesn't help himself with Star of David controversies.

I'll agree with you.   It's up to Trump to show us that he can lead us in a better direction than she's going.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl