Author Topic: BREAKING: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET  (Read 5340 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/news/id4749

FBI Director James Comey will deliver a statement on late Tuesday morning, just days after investigators interviewed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, though the topic of Tuesday's statement was not immediately disclosed. (more)

FOR LIVE UPDATES: Twitter, Facebook

Comey will speak to reporters from the FBI's headquarters in Washington, D.C. at 11 a.m. ET. Though officials would not name a topic, media reports suggested it would be linked to the investigation into Clinton's use of email.

Other details were not immediately available, but earlier reports had suggested that a decision was expected to be made soon in the Clinton email probe.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: BREAKING: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 01:30:26 pm »
Here we go...

:beer:

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 01:40:08 pm »
Previously:

Klein: Comey And ‘A Lot Of Other FBI Agents’ Will Resign If Hillary Is Not Indicted [VIDEO]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/01/klein-comey-and-a-lot-of-other-fbi-agents-will-resign-if-hillary-is-not-indicted-video/#ixzz4DXcmeJpL

Clinton author Ed Klein says that if Hillary Clinton is not indicted, FBI Director James Comey and “a lot of other FBI agents” would resign as well in protest.

In an interview with Fox Business Network’s “Varney & Co” on Friday, Klein said, “I think Comey realizes that he’s got to wrap this [investigation] up well before the conventions otherwise he’s going to disenfranchise millions and millions of people. So I think this is going to be wrapped up in around six more weeks.”

Klein said that he thinks Clinton will get indicted but “Hillary has her lawyers talking to the Justice Department about a lesser charge, something in which she would just say, ‘Well, I’m sorry. It was a little sloppy, I shouldn’t have done that.”

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 01:46:42 pm »
In a normal constitutional world, "high crimes and misdemeanors" are impeachable offenses for officials in office. And ought to be, at least in the public eye, a condition for getting elected. But in the twisted views of Washington politicians, it was just a sloppy action, nothing to worry about.

Sick!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 01:50:01 pm »
We all know Hillary is above the law and no indictment is coming. No shock to any of us.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 01:53:00 pm »
She was just interviewed Sat..a little early to make the final decision....cough, cough.... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 01:53:35 pm »
I'm bad to get my hopes up. And here they go again.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 01:54:57 pm »
FLASH: FBI Director Comey will address reporters at 11AM ET today at FBI HQ DC...
Will make statement and take off-camera questions from reporters... Developing...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 01:55:18 pm »
People at that level, while their allies are in power, are not indicted.  The best we can hope for is exposure of what she is like.

I suspect it will be written off along the lines of 'mistakes in judgment based on not understanding rapidly changing technology..... intention was not criminal or unethical... yadda yadda.'
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:56:31 pm by AbaraXas »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 02:03:02 pm »
Charles C. W. Cooke Verified account
‏@charlescwcooke

It will look bad if, right after the Clinton-Lynch plane meeting, the FBI clears Hillary on the day Obama starts campaigning for her.
Support the USO

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 02:04:18 pm »
I wonder if this will be about the Lynch/Bill Clinton meeting?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 02:05:45 pm »
Obama wouldn't be campaigning with Hillary if there was any chance of an indictment.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 02:07:29 pm »
Comey resigns?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 02:07:32 pm »
Obama wouldn't be campaigning with Hillary if there was any chance of an indictment.

EXACTLY
Support the USO

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 02:08:32 pm »
The testing of an honest man

FBI Director James Comey is on the most uncomfortable spot in town

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/29/editorial-the-testing-of-james-comey/

By THE WASHINGTON TIMES - - Tuesday, March 29, 2016

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

A reputation for doing the right thing under pressure is hard to make and easy to break. James Comey, the director of the FBI, made his reputation as a man of unimpeachable integrity when he stood up to the administration that appointed him second in command to the attorney general, John Ashcroft, in the administration of George W. Bush. He was put on “the uncomfortable spot” when President Bush wanted to reauthorize domestic eavesdropping on private conversations, eavesdropping even for a worthy cause that Mr. Ashcroft’s Justice Department had determined to be against the law.

The White House was looking for a shortcut across the law, and in March 2004 Andrew Card, the president’s chief of staff, and Alberto Gonzales, the president’s chief lawyer, went to the attorney general’s bedside at a Washington hospital, where he lay seriously ill, to ask him to sign an order reversing the department’s finding and endorse the reauthorization of the eavesdropping program.

Mr. Comey raced to the intensive-care unit at the hospital to urge the attorney general to stand fast, to tell him that he and others at the Justice Department would resign if need be to protest reversing the original order. Shortly afterward, President Bush decided not to seek the reauthorization. Principle prevailed. When the news of the bedside drama leaked, Mr. Comey was lionized for standing fast for what he thought was right. His reputation as the rock at the Justice Department was firmly established. Years later President Obama appointed him to a 10-year term as director of the FBI. Now hard duty calls again, and he may have to choose again between principle and politics.

He has assigned nearly 150 agents to the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s careless handling of confidential emails as the secretary of State on duty at what one official describes as the “intersection of Clinton Foundation donations, the dispensation of State Department contracts and whether regular processes were followed.” There’s evidence that 1,300 of those emails included classified information, some of it “Top Secret” or higher. She insists she did nothing wrong and blames the controversy on the “vast right-wing media conspiracy” that flourishes in her troubled mind.

exc

Offline WAC

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 02:18:30 pm »
She was just interviewed Sat..a little early to make the final decision....cough, cough.... :whistle:

James A. Garfield, 12th President of the United States said....

"Now, more than ever before, 'the people' are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption."

Since this administration freed known killer terrorists...Hillary's Freedom from prosecution is guaranteed. Obama , along with every demorat wants her in office...she will not be prosecuted.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 02:22:21 pm »
The more I think about it, the more I think that Comey will resign.

If he does, it means that Hillary won't be indicted and that he knows that she should have been.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:22:44 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 02:26:10 pm »
The more I think about it, the more I think that Comey will resign.

If he does, it means that Hillary won't be indicted and that he knows that she should have been.

That was my first thought too...if so the presser will be very interesting
Support the USO

Offline WAC

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 02:26:27 pm »
Wonder if Comfy is even going to mention the following because The E-mail case is NOT complicated....Hillary broke the law:

She had her own email server that she used for official government communications;... that is illegal.
 She never got this arrangement approved;..................................................................... that is illegal.
 She failed to secure the server;.................................................................................... ...that is illegal.
 She permitted access to government emails to un-authorized otherswithout clearance..that is illegal.
 She removed security markings from emails and forwarded them by unsecured means. .that is illegal.
 She never reported hacking attempts to the government;........................................... ....that is illegal.

How many illegal things must she do before she is treated like the criminal that she is?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 02:29:03 pm »

I'm not so sure about that.  One of the Hallmarks of the Obama regime has been the frequency that the Preezy has been proven clueless right after he makes some grand statement or sweeping gesture.  It would be classic for him to be campaigning with the Hildebeest like nothing is wrong when the hammer falls on not only the Clintons, but everyone they ever knew.

We shall see very shortly...

:smokin:

Offline WAC

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 02:32:51 pm »
Clinton is due to speak at a function in 15 minutes......will she wait to speak. Will she wait for Comfy to speak...surely she knows he's doing so.????

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 02:33:26 pm »
Wonder if Comfy is even going to mention the following because The E-mail case is NOT complicated....Hillary broke the law:

She had her own email server that she used for official government communications;... that is illegal.
 She never got this arrangement approved;..................................................................... that is illegal.
 She failed to secure the server;.................................................................................... ...that is illegal.
 She permitted access to government emails to un-authorized otherswithout clearance..that is illegal.
 She removed security markings from emails and forwarded them by unsecured means. .that is illegal.
 She never reported hacking attempts to the government;........................................... ....that is illegal.

How many illegal things must she do before she is treated like the criminal that she is?

On top of all that she was head of the State Dept.   It was HER JOB to make sure all of those regulations were followed.  She's gonna get away with it and nothing will happen.  The laws don't apply to them.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 02:34:59 pm »
Clinton is due to speak at a function in 15 minutes......will she wait to speak. Will she wait for Comfy to speak...surely she knows he's doing so.????

She probably had approval authority over Comfy's speech.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WAC

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 02:39:19 pm »
On top of all that she was head of the State Dept.   It was HER JOB to make sure all of those regulations were followed.  She's gonna get away with it and nothing will happen.  The laws don't apply to them.

IMO Hillary has never done her "JOB".....her idea is just to put in her "TIME" and just that......

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 02:39:53 pm »
I offer no prediction, but my hope for the rule of law in this country is that Hillary is indicted.

However the best thing for the pro-Trump camp would be for Hillary to get a pass.  Their best argument for Trump is "he's not Hillary"; if she is somehow sidelined, Trump's manifest inadequacies would likely not be compared to such obvious criminality in some other Democrat nominee.  The Trump camp would have to develop an actual argument for him, rather than an argument against her.
James 1:20