Author Topic: GOP Worried As Dems' Advantage in Registered Voters Increases  (Read 811 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=736936

Newsmax
GOP Worried As Dems' Advantage in Registered Voters Increases
Monday, July 4, 2016 11:36 AM

By: Brian Freeman

Democrats are winning the battle in voter registration, especially in key battlegrounds, and some Republicans are worried that it will make it much harder to close the gap in the polls in those states, The Washington Examiner reports.

The increased advantage in registered Democrats could turn out to be a key factor, especially as early and absentee voting is just around the corner and a higher percentage of voters use that alternative.

Since time is fast running out to possibly make up the difference, Republican operative Joseph Catania stressed that "the GOP needs to do more about this or soon it could be really bad."

For example, in the key swing state of Nevada, the Democrats' advantage in registered voters has grown by almost 20,000 this year to more than 66,000. With that sort of built-in lead, it makes it more difficult to imagine the GOP winning the state, which they lost in the 2012 election. This, despite the fact that current polls show the two candidates in a tight race.

However, the story is not the same in every battleground state. In Florida, with a massive 29 electoral votes and which Barack Obama won the past two elections, the Democrats' advantage in registered voters has taken a hit, the Miami Herald reports.

In 2008, registered Democrat were 42 percent of all voters, while Republicans had 36 percent. That advantage has dwindled significantly. The Democrats currently have only 38 percent of voters, while the GOP has remained steady at 35.8 percent, with the remainder registering with no party affiliation.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Re: GOP Worried As Dems' Advantage in Registered Voters Increases
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 04:14:20 pm »
Nah, they are just registering as Democrats so they can cross over and vote for Roman P. Trump.

:pondering:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:09:57 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 04:30:12 pm »
This is why the polls seem skewed to Democrats because there are MORE OF THEM!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 04:54:14 pm »
Its easy to register graveyards.....
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

geronl

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »
This is why the polls seem skewed to Democrats because there are MORE OF THEM!!!

That's just not fair!  :silly:

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 11:39:48 pm »
Rut roh

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 12:05:26 am »
bookmark

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 12:28:51 am »

No worries .... Republicans lose this one --- we'll have a cakewalk to victory in 2020.   :smokin:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 02:46:10 am »
This could be a result of Trump being the presumed nominee but it could also signal something deeper and more troubling that has ramifications beyond 2016.

Shifting demographics, and, as an extension, an increase in the number of people on some kind of government assistance is going to make it increasingly difficult for conservatives to win. The only way this changes is when they can no longer paper over our dire fiscal and economic outlook. When things get bad enough that they can no longer be hidden from the public then conservatism will rise as the solution.

This is why neither candidate thus year has addressed our fiscal situation in a serious manner. There's votes to be bought
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:47:00 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 02:50:10 am »
There's one caveat here:

This article is very craftily worded in that it's saying the "advantage" is "growing:" namely, that the difference between the two is getting larger. Disconcerting to be sure, but it could also mean that the Democrats and Republicans are both losing voters and that the Republicans seem to be losing them faster, meaning that the fastest growing affiliation is, in fact, independent (something a number of other polls have also suggested).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 02:50:49 am »
Rut roh

Rut roh is right

This could have ramifications not just for the presidential election but down ballot races as well.

The last time we had a Dem president with a Dem Congress we got trillion dollar deficits, a near trillion dollar stimulus plan that resulted in the worst recovery, and ObamaCare
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:51:33 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 02:57:53 am »
Welcome to life after the velvet coup.

We committed suicide, just like all the other republics that came before ours did.   We grew complacent and we grew ignorant and/or hostile of the foundational principles that upheld the society that liberty was able to exist under.

And no, elections are not going to bring the republic or the civil society back.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 03:10:33 am »
Democrats in the 40 years I have been voting and probably a lot longer have dominated new voter registration, and the get-out-to-vote ground pounding effort - often driving or bussing people to the polls. GOP talks about this Democrat advantage every four years, but have never done anything to change it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:11:17 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 03:17:09 am »
Democrats in the 40 years I have been voting and probably a lot longer have dominated new voter registration, and the get-out-to-vote ground pounding effort - often driving or bussing people to the polls. GOP talks about this Democrat advantage every four years, but have never done anything to change it.

That, and how does one compete with a party that promises the masses all and your rich neighbor will be force to pay for it.

Of course, your rich neighbor doesn't pay. The Chinese, Japanese, Belgians, and, most of all, the Federal Reserve printing press does.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 03:17:16 am »

Historically, the independent vote determines who the president is.
@CatherineofAragon

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 03:18:52 am »
Historically, the independent vote determines who the president is.
@CatherineofAragon

Except in 2012

Barry Goldwater

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 03:32:19 am »
Welcome to life after the velvet coup.
We committed suicide, just like all the other republics that came before ours did.   We grew complacent and we grew ignorant and/or hostile of the foundational principles that upheld the society that liberty was able to exist under.
And no, elections are not going to bring the republic or the civil society back.

Republics fail when citizens realize the govn. can give them "things", then the govn. can't continue to give "things" and the govn. fails and a dictator takes over.  This country has also turned into Sodom and terrorists will never stop killing all over the world - I think the end times have started and nothing will stop this - Christ comes to remove his  believers, then the world will be a total killing field.
@CatherineofAragon

HonestJohn

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 04:05:18 am »
Democrats dominate in urban environments and as America's population increases, more people are living in cities than in rural areas.

Democrats are winning Hispanics, mainly because the GOP voter is bound and determined to spit in their faces.  Being that they are a young demographic with a higher than average birthrate, that favors Democrats.

The same goes for *EVERY* minority group in America today.

Furthermore, GOP voters are older, with many being retirees.  That means they have a higher death rate than average, meaning the GOP voter base in literally dying off.  And the actions above have destroyed any chance of a replenishment rate high enough to offset the loss.

Lastly, the only other group the GOP dominates, white Christians, have a negative birth rate.  Meaning that even outside the loss of the retiree vote from death, there is not enough of a replenishment to simply maintain the status quo.

The choice is both stark and clear, forcefully repudiate the Trump philosophy of nativism and open up to immigrants... or wither away.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 06:20:16 am »
GOP Worried As Dems' Advantage in Registered Voters Increases

But Trump's gonna build a wall.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 06:28:26 am »
But Trump's gonna build a wall.

he already built  high wall between his campaign and conservatives

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 09:40:45 am »
How well does voter registration tie in to voter turnout?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

HonestJohn

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 11:00:36 am »
How well does voter registration tie in to voter turnout?

It depends.

I'd hazard that for people from those groups that Trump has materially offended or who will be materially affected by Trump according to his speeches...

...that those would probably be near a 1:1 parity between registered:likely to vote.