Author Topic: Palin Rips Never Trump Republicans: You Are Either With Us or Against Us"  (Read 29167 times)

Offline r9etb

It was 1987, Reagan was retiring soon. Seems kind of pointless.

Actually, Trump was being pretty stupid considering what was going on at the time.  Yes, it was costly to be there, but it was still the Cold War and there were huge strategic advantages to our doing as we did.  It was the best way to a) keep them in line, and b) keep our forces well forward so that we could respond effectively should the balloon go up.  And most importantly, c) it kept us in charge at a time when the brunt of any war with the Soviet Union would inevitably fall upon us.

Trump: short-sighted then, short-sighted now.

Offline DB

The short answer is Trump was ready to surrender just before the cold war was won.

Trump also was up on the Hill complaining about Reagan's new tax rates. Real estate was no longer a tax shelter/protected class and Trump was demanding that tax rates on the "wealthy" be pushed back up to 50%+ with tax breaks for investment into real estate to force people to invest in it - where he was a developer. He's a crony capitalist of the first order.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@geronl

Who are the fools that think Reagan was responsible for any of that? It was FDR and Hoover that started that crap. Reagan inherited a unstable political situation created by those who were in office before him,and just did what he had to do to defeat our most dangerous enemy without going to war.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In case you did not notice Conservatives are for Trump. Much more so then the ones who want to hurt the mean man regardless of the consequences to conservatism and America.

I was surfing the thread and just noticed this.  I never realized conservatives were such a monolithic bunch, and that you speak for them.  Huh.  Learn something new every day...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I was surfing the thread and just noticed this.  I never realized conservatives were such a monolithic bunch, and that you speak for them.  Huh.  Learn something new every day...
Careful with that 'learning'. It isn't what you know that gets you in a bind so much as what you know that just isn't so.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mechanicos

Per the polls so many believe in, Trump was first or second choice of voters during the primary. So yeah he had the most approval of any GOP candidate. As well as the most votes ever in a republican primary. So yeah majority.

Per Political after all the heroic effort of the Cruz team to stack the Convention rules committee  with #neverTrump people, there are only 6 out of 112 on it that agree with the anti-trump people. Logically since that was the most effort one, and allowing for the same effort with the rest of the delegates its stands to reason, MOST Conservatives at least delegates do not agree with the anti-Trump crowd.

So yes, I can say with reasonable degree of certainty that the anti-Trumps are not the majority of conservatives.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Per the polls so many believe in, Trump was first or second choice of voters during the primary. So yeah he had the most approval of any GOP candidate. As well as the most votes ever in a republican primary. So yeah majority.

You keep lying.

Trump does not have a majority.  He has a plurality.  That's all. That's all he's ever had.

That is all he is ever going to have.

So yes, I can say with reasonable degree of certainty that the anti-Trumps are not the majority of conservatives.
Right.  And Trump is a Reagan Conservative according to you.  You confuse Republicans with Conservatism.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:22:59 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mechanicos

You keep lying.

Trump does not have a majority.  He has a plurality.  That's all. That's all he's ever had.

That is all he is ever going to have.

CNN Poll: Trump Now First And Second Choice Of GOP Voters Nationwide http://talkingpointsmemo.com/polltracker/cnn-donald-trump-leads-august

That's Majority of voter Nation Wide. 

Right.  And Trump is a Reagan Conservative according to you.  You confuse Republicans with Conservatism.

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline goatprairie

One of the things *I* hate most of all are idiots that still keep insisting leftists are liberals,and then wonder why conservatism keeps losing to those douchebags.

Leftists are the POLAR OPPOSITE OF "LIBERAL"! Every damn one of them is nothing more than a police state Dictator-in-Waiting.

Yet you people keep INSISTING they are similar to people like Thomas Jefferson when it comes to their political outlook. Why do you believe they are "liberals"? Because THEY keep telling you they are "liberals".  Would you believe them if they told you they were Buicks,and try to buy one to drive to work?

Above ALL ELSE politics is a game of words. If you allow the enemy to control the dialect (words and definitions),you might as well go ahead and put the chains on because you will never do anything but lose.
Gee whiz, thanks for the words of "wisdom." I suppose you have a lot more?  BTW, I know the difference between liberals and leftists, but thanks for adding your pearls.  Try calming down.  And have  a nice day.

Online Smokin Joe

Which primary? Oh, the poll you cite http://talkingpointsmemo.com/polltracker/cnn-donald-trump-leads-august is from 2015

Maybe he had that support in Iowa, maybe, but after that, he'd gone from second choice to last place with me. And he continued to shed support rapidly with other conservatives.

Per Political after all the heroic effort of the Cruz team to stack the Convention rules committee  with #neverTrump people, there are only 6 out of 112 on it that agree with the anti-trump people. Logically since that was the most effort one, and allowing for the same effort with the rest of the delegates its stands to reason, MOST Conservatives at least delegates do not agree with the anti-Trump crowd.

Are you using Conservatives or Republicans for your little study group?

It has been an item of note for a few election cycles that Republican does not equal Conservative. If you are polling Republicans, you have watered down the Conservative response, judging by the primary vote, by at least a factor of two.

If you are including the people who are so desperate to keep hillary out of office they'd sell their soul and vote for the donald, you have watered down the conservative response, although there may be those who honestly think electing Trump would matter very much. Considering the two are longtime cronies, I have serious doubts there would be a significant difference with the exception of relegating the GOP to the dustbin of history.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
CNN Poll: Trump Now First And Second Choice Of GOP Voters Nationwide http://talkingpointsmemo.com/polltracker/cnn-donald-trump-leads-august

That's Majority of voter Nation Wide. 

BWAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mauslaff: :mauslaff: :happyhappy: :happyhappy:

Coming from you, the Chief Dismisser of Polls -

THAT'S FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mechanicos

Which primary? Oh, the poll you cite http://talkingpointsmemo.com/polltracker/cnn-donald-trump-leads-august is from 2015

Maybe he had that support in Iowa, maybe, but after that, he'd gone from second choice to last place with me. And he continued to shed support rapidly with other conservatives.
Are you using Conservatives or Republicans for your little study group?

It has been an item of note for a few election cycles that Republican does not equal Conservative. If you are polling Republicans, you have watered down the Conservative response, judging by the primary vote, by at least a factor of two.

If you are including the people who are so desperate to keep hillary out of office they'd sell their soul and vote for the donald, you have watered down the conservative response, although there may be those who honestly think electing Trump would matter very much. Considering the two are longtime cronies, I have serious doubts there would be a significant difference with the exception of relegating the GOP to the dustbin of history.
Since you believe in polls, here is proof you are in the minority.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/66_of_gop_voters_think_most_top_republicans_don_t_want_trump_to_be_president

https://www.youngcons.com/81-of-republicans-believe-trump-will-be-the-nominee/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:50:25 am by Mechanicos »

Online Smokin Joe

Since you believe in polls, here is proof you are in the minority.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/66_of_gop_voters_think_most_top_republicans_don_t_want_trump_to_be_president

https://www.youngcons.com/81-of-republicans-believe-trump-will-be-the-nominee/
You have already forgotten my opinion of polls.

Either that or you just didn't bother to read it.

So once, again, with feeling,

Polls exist to tell propagandists which areas of their campaign or which sectors of the polled population need more focus, because they aren't convinced.

On the back side, the poll results are used to convince people their positions are "wrong" and to join up with the herd.

I have been the only person in a crowded room who was right before, and I can handle having people around me who are not only wrong, but think I am.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@geronl

That was a point I was making when I said it was something Reagan inherited from the Dims,not something he created.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually, Trump was being pretty stupid considering what was going on at the time.  Yes, it was costly to be there, but it was still the Cold War and there were huge strategic advantages to our doing as we did.  It was the best way to a) keep them in line, and b) keep our forces well forward so that we could respond effectively should the balloon go up.  And most importantly, c) it kept us in charge at a time when the brunt of any war with the Soviet Union would inevitably fall upon us.

Trump: short-sighted then, short-sighted now.

Careful about how you address a VN vet like Trump! I will have you know he went to military school,and would have been a Force Recon Marine General  if the USMC had taken him despite the severe bone spurs in his feet that kept him from walking.  I know this because he has said he considers himself to be a veteran.

Oh,don't worry about the bone spurs. They went away the instant the draft ended,but that was a pure coinkydink. After all,even a God in human form like him couldn't have arranged for the draft to end just as his feet healed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

goatprairie

Gee whiz, thanks for the words of "wisdom." I suppose you have a lot more?<<'

Yes,but given your reaction I am almost certain they would be wasted on you.

>> BTW, I know the difference between liberals and leftists,....<<

See? You claim to know the difference,yet you did it anyhow. Obviously anyone that understands the difference wouldn't continue to make such a short-bus mistake.

Offline Ginger Republic

• HRH Archduchess Tamar de Bruce the Red, Guardian of Nirvana
  • Formerly known as Tamar1973
The short answer is Trump was ready to surrender just before the cold war was won.

Trump also was up on the Hill complaining about Reagan's new tax rates. Real estate was no longer a tax shelter/protected class and Trump was demanding that tax rates on the "wealthy" be pushed back up to 50%+ with tax breaks for investment into real estate to force people to invest in it - where he was a developer. He's a crony capitalist of the first order.

Trump has always been a crony capitalist, the antithesis of a real conservative. He not only donated $ to liberals but also anti-TEA party/pro-crony capitalist RINOS. Yet I'm told by worshippers of The Orange One that donating to RINOs somehow absolves him of his donations to flaming liberals like Kamala Harris.

savme from Trumpet stupidity.
2016 shows that most so-called conservatives & liberals want a tyrant, not a leader; Americans want a monarchy, not a republic.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones but you still have to choose."The 12th Dr. Who

Online Smokin Joe

Careful about how you address a VN vet like Trump! I will have you know he went to military school,and would have been a Force Recon Marine General  if the USMC had taken him despite the severe bone spurs in his feet that kept him from walking.  I know this because he has said he considers himself to be a veteran.

Oh,don't worry about the bone spurs. They went away the instant the draft ended,but that was a pure coinkydink. After all,even a God in human form like him couldn't have arranged for the draft to end just as his feet healed.
But you neglect to mention his private 'Vietnam' avoiding STDs in the minefields of debauchery!

C S Lewis

geronl

And maybe I seem a bit confused,
Yeah maybe, but I got you pegged!
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!
But I don't know what to do with those Trump salad and scrambled eggs.

Offline Suppressed

Ok,he is 100 percent on target with that one,and doesn't even take it far enough. Not only do we defend those people for free,but WE PAY THEM FOR THE "PRIVILEGE" by leasing/renting the land and ports where we have bases,and by paying them for any damages our preparedness operations cost in road damage,sign/traffic light removal and replacement,environmental damage clean-up,etc,etc,etc.

They pay us to be there. Japan pays $2 billion/year to the US.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline plewis1250

Wow... pulling polls from literally a year ago...

Trump is a loser. Face it.
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

Offline Mechanicos

Wow... pulling polls from literally a year ago...

Trump is a loser. Face it.

They are using the same firm here, and you fell for the fraud. The above is whats called a damage control fail.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They are using the same firm here, and you fell for the fraud. The above is whats called a damage control fail.

Trump still is a loser.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They pay us to be there. Japan pays $2 billion/year to the US.

They pay a portion of SOME of the costs,but we are leasing the shipyards and the land and air bases. We also either give or sell them military equipment at a discount.

I used to know how much we paid them for the use of Okinawa when I was stationed there,but it was a long time ago and I forgot.

@Suppressed link
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:52:44 pm by sneakypete »

HonestJohn

They pay a portion of SOME of the costs,but we are leasing the shipyards and the land and air bases. We also either give or sell them military equipment at a discount.

I used to know how much we paid them for the use of Okinawa when I was stationed there,but it was a long time ago and I forgot.

@Suppressed link

Japan buys their military equipment from our defense companies just the same as any other buyer.  And they make a good deal of their own.

And we are not leasing the bases, those are gratis, free of charge. 

We do have to pay for things like electricity, water, and sewage.  Plus food and other consumables.  But we get a discount in comparison to the average Japanese.

And they do pay for almost all of the Japanese nationals working on the bases as well as much of the building construction.