Author Topic: EPA’s Top Enforcer Gives SHOCKING Answer On Why Agency Not Punished For Gold King Mine Blowout  (Read 749 times)

rangerrebew

EPA’s Top Enforcer Gives SHOCKING Answer On Why Agency Not Punished For Gold King Mine Blowout
Photo of Michael Bastasch
Michael Bastasch
5:32 PM 06/29/2016

The head of the Environmental Protection Agency’s enforcement arm told lawmakers no one at the agency would be punished for spilling 3 million gallons of toxic mine waste in Colorado.

Why? Because EPA only released pollution from Gold King Mine into the Animas River, they didn’t create the mine waste.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/29/epas-top-enforcer-gives-shocking-answer-on-why-agency-not-punished-for-gold-king-mine-blowout/#ixzz4D4KSmlkO

READ MORE

Offline Just_Victor

So, if I buy a toxic waste dump and clean it up by releasing the waste into a local waterway, the EPA won't prosecute me?

Good to know.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So, if I buy a toxic waste dump and clean it up by releasing the waste into a local waterway, the EPA won't prosecute me?

Good to know.

It pays to be both the polluter and the enforcer, doesn't it?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Just_Victor

I would love to see some case history about EPA prosecutions of individuals held liable for pollution they didn't create.  I can just about guarantee the EPA's above statement is a demonstrable lie.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

geronl

Some pigs are more equal than others.

Offline Forum member

I can't create lead or mercury or freon or PCBs but I can spread them around legally now.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The Colonists went to war against their own government for much less than this.

We are already subjugated, and are comfortable with it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The Colonists went to war against their own government for much less than this.

We are already subjugated, and are comfortable with it.

Some are content to remain on the National Plantation. I am not.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Rivergirl

I have a home on the NJ side of the Hudson River.   The towns are NOT allowed to dump plowed snow into the Hudson.
It isn't pure enough, so says the EPA.
There the snow mountains sit, blocking streets, clogging shopping centers, and causing all kinds of misery for those driving in the area.
This is freshly fallen snow.  There is no logic at all to the directive but there it is.

Evidently releasing tons of poisonous waste into a river that is sued for recreation, feeding crops, and thereby  poisoning drinking water is just fine with the EPA.