Author Topic: Calexit or Caleavefornia? Brexit lifts Golden State independence campaign  (Read 803 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Calexit or Caleavefornia? Brexit lifts Golden State independence campaign
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/25/calexit-or-caleavefornia-brexit-lifts-california-i/
Excerpted:
“The story out there is that states can’t secede, but they can. The problem is they can’t secede unilaterally,” said Mr. Marinelli. “You can’t just declare yourself independent. But if you get the consent of the other states, and there’s a way to do that through the amendment process, then you can do that legally and peacefully.”

geronl

Please go! Please go!

The other 49 states should kick them out.

People's Republic of Mexifornia probably wouldn't last long though

Offline Just_Victor

Please go! Please go!

The other 49 states should kick them out.

People's Republic of Mexifornia probably wouldn't last long though

If this movement ever really gains support, I expect the United States as formed under our Constitution to reform without New England and the left coast.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

geronl

If this movement ever really gains support, I expect the United States as formed under our Constitution to reform without New England and the left coast.

Maybe we can have an exchange program, leftists go to those and conservatives can leave those

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Maybe we can have an exchange program, leftists go to those and conservatives can leave those

Go for it, Cali. Maybe your citizens will stay and fix your mess and stop invading Texas.
Principles matter. Words matter.