Author Topic: Trump rips GOP rivals who broke pledge; Kasich touts electability  (Read 8661 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Trump rips GOP rivals who broke pledge; Kasich touts electability
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 02:27:08 am »
We're discussing the oath given by all candidates to support the eventual nominee. As Trump has not broken this pledge, your comments have no relevance to this issue.

Trump broke his oaths and vows in marriage.

Your prince is not someone to be trusted to keep any kind of oath or pledge since he could not keep the most sacred one in his own personal life on multiple occasions.

Heck, he flip-flops on positions daily to the point the only thing that anyone can be assured of with Trump is that he will NOT keep his oath, his word or pledge.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WAC

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 02:28:18 am »
....."If you make a pledge....binding your word...you keep it"......

Well..... convention really is the cut off point so they may yet come around if Trump is declared the Nominee Officially. As Cruz once said...there's a lot of time between now and the General Election to determine endorsement. 

However, ....the fact Trump is making this a big deal before convention could say he knows what might happen there and trying to fend it off, or he's just fed up trying to get the endorsement he needs they're refusing to give him thus far........I think he wants to go into convention with a full deck in hand ,understandable, but knows the game isn't over yet...... He's frustrated, and really rightfully so since they did give their word. I side with Trump on this.....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 02:29:04 am »

What does this have to do with Cruz and Kasich honoring their pledge?   :pondering:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 02:31:19 am »
....."If you make a pledge....binding your word...you keep it"......

Well..... convention really is the cut off point so they may yet come around if Trump is declared the Nominee Officially. As Cruz once said...there's a lot of time between now and the General Election to determine endorsement. 

However, ....the fact Trump is making this a big deal before convention could say he knows what might happen there and trying to fend it off, or he's just fed up trying to get the endorsement he needs they're refusing to give him thus far........I think he wants to go into convention with a full deck in hand ,understandable, but knows the game isn't over yet...... He's frustrated, and really rightfully so since they did give their word. I side with Trump on this.....

Here we go again with the repeated falsehood becoming accepted "fact". Typical fare for the Trumpsters.

Not directed at you personally, but in general. Fact is the same CNN that published this story reported that the candidates ALL backed off the pledge back in March. Trump's claim here by his own words in March is as FALSE as the rest of his campaign's smears.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-nominee-pledge/index.html
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:32:36 am by skeeter »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 02:32:51 am »
I don't agree with your summation @cuky, but what has it to do with anything---other than to deflect from Cruz and Kasich exhibiting zero honor in this instance?

You have no sense of irony.  Trump is the biggest liar in this campaign, has gone out of his way to destroy his opponents.

And yet here you are, throwing around words like "honor" when Trump has no honor whatsoever. He lies about donating to charities, he lies about personally witnessing thousands of Muslims demonstrating on 9/11, and lies about not mocking a disabled reporter.

You have no shame in defending this cretin. He deserves nothing but contempt. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 02:33:43 am »

Huh????... What in the world does Trumps marriage have to do with this Ivar......nothing whatsoever.  It's about 'THEIR word' to Trump.

When you put aside if you like the man or not and look at the dynamics here....Trump is right to ask they keep their word and equally as much to object since thus far they haven't..and indicate they might not.

We may not like Trup but unless they have someone else to put forward then they should be supporting him at least by convention.

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 02:42:38 am »
You have no sense of irony. 

Whether or not I have a sense of irony has nothing to do with this, Sink.  This is about Cruz and Kasich keeping their pledge.

This is not about Donald Trump.   :shrug:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 02:42:56 am »
You have no sense of irony.  Trump is the biggest liar in this campaign, has gone out of his way to destroy his opponents.

And yet here you are, throwing around words like "honor" when Trump has no honor whatsoever. He lies about donating to charities, he lies about personally witnessing thousands of Muslims demonstrating on 9/11, and lies about not mocking a disabled reporter.

You have no shame in defending this cretin. He deserves nothing but contempt.

They'll be back repeating Trump's lie the next time he spews it.

Even after being provided clear evidence it is not true.

Offline WAC

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2016, 02:43:38 am »
Here we go again with the repeated falsehood becoming accepted "fact". Typical fare for the Trumpsters.
Not directed at you personally, but in general.... Fact is the same CNN that published this story reported that the candidates ALL backed off the pledge back in March. Trump's claim here by his own words in March is as FALSE as the rest of his campaign's smears.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-nominee-pledge/index.html

Well thank you for not calling me personally a Trumpster because I'm not, I'm a NeverHillary and will do whatever to prevent that, including voting for Trump.

At any rate and despite the former pledges.......Trump certainly wants their support or he wouldn't be shaking a fist he doesn't yet have it. But remember he said he could do it without Conservatives too...so there's that as well.  Remembering as well that Cruz is NOT releasing his delegates, which all the more reason Trump wants Cruz's endorsement.

All we're seeing is more political drama to feed the news and keep them and the public engaged...it's still working too...even this site has Trump plastered throughout....even if in the negative he's still "On stage".......and everyone's still talking Trump....rather than opposing Hillary.....which is what the Media wants.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 02:48:08 am »
Well thank you for not calling me personally a Trumpster because I'm not, I'm a NeverHillary and will do whatever to prevent that, including voting for Trump.

At any rate and despite the former pledges.......Trump certainly wants their support or he wouldn't be shaking a fist he doesn't yet have it. But remember he said he could do it without Conservatives too...so there's that as well.  Remembering as well that Cruz is NOT releasing his delegates, which all the more reason Trump wants Cruz's endorsement.

All we're seeing is more political drama to feed the news and keep them and the public engaged...it's still working too...even this site has Trump plastered throughout....even if in the negative he's still "On stage".......and everyone's still talking Trump....rather than opposing Hillary.....which is what the Media wants.

If Trump wants Cruz's support perhaps he should ask him for it.

Maybe even make a deal with him, meaning offer a policy concession or something of importance to Cruz. The way its been done for decades.

But no, Trump can't do that. He has to continue being an arsehole. If he threatened me as he's done to Cruz, and AFTER behaving as he did during the campaign, I'd tell him to p*ss up a rope too.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:48:51 am by skeeter »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2016, 02:49:09 am »
Whether or not I have a sense of irony has nothing to do with this, Sink.  This is about Cruz and Kasich keeping their pledge.

You're hand-wringing over Kasich and Cruz, while you support a man who has no respect for the rule of law and ridicules other people mercilessly.

This is really funny.  Two men who can't support a cretinous charlatan. 

And you're focusing on the two men.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2016, 03:00:32 am »
No one wants to comment on how Herr Drumpf wants to ban people from running for office solely for the fact they don't support him?

Yes - I'm wondering how he plans to enforce this.  Trump spews this fascist crap, and we're all supposed to overlook it, as if he's a child.  Well he's not.  He's running for President.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:01:42 am by cato potatoe »

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2016, 03:09:55 am »
You're hand-wringing over Kasich and Cruz

I'm not hand-wringing.  I'm posting on a thread that is about Kasich and Cruz not keeping their word.  ^-^

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2016, 03:11:53 am »
I'm not hand-wringing.  I'm posting on a thread that is about Kasich and Cruz not keeping their word.  ^-^

Does it not matter to you that your contention about Cruz and Kasich breaking their pledge is not true?

Because its not.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2016, 03:14:20 am »
Why does Trump care so much about Cruz and Kasich?  What a pathetic person he is.  He, himself, in his own words, backed away from that pledge.  At the same time he released Cruz and Kasich.  Why can't he move on?  He's a sore winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKgegMd1lmA

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2016, 03:21:56 am »
Since neither of them have broken their word, it's all moot.

Trump is not the nominee - yet. Therefore they have exactly zero obligation to "keep their word" until AFTER the convention. Then we'll see - and I do expect them both to support the nominee.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline skeeter

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2016, 03:22:56 am »
Since neither of them have broken their word, it's all moot.

Trump is not the nominee - yet. Therefore they have exactly zero obligation to "keep their word" until AFTER the convention. Then we'll see - and I do expect them both to support the nominee.

Please check some of the sources offered up thread - THERE IS NO PLEDGE.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2016, 03:29:04 am »
What does this have to do with Cruz and Kasich honoring their pledge?

To quote your fellow Trump Militant: We're discussing the oath given by all candidates to support the eventual nominee.

Trump has already vocally said he was not going to abide by his "pledge/vow/oath" if the party was "not nice to me".  In fact he repeated that threat to bolt the party and run third party multiple times.

This whole argument to cast Cruz and Kasich as lacking honor is ridiculous in the light that Trump has repeatedly said he would not be bound by his word if he felt slighted.

Huh????... What in the world does Trumps marriage have to do with this Ivar......nothing whatsoever.  It's about 'THEIR word' to Trump.

I'm pointing out that this whole discussion about 'honor' and oaths' to Trump is ridiculous when he cannot keep his own pledges and oaths. It speaks to character and trust.

Trump is right to ask they keep their word and equally as much to object since thus far they haven't..and indicate they might not.

Trump was the first person to break that pledge himself when he said he was being treated by the GOP unfairly and repeatedly threatened to bolt the party.   In my estimation he voided their pledges himself.  Given Trump's continuous personal attacks and tantrums on those men - I would never 'keep my word' given at a debate when the fruits of the man that followed that debate demonstrate they owe him no courtesy or respect whatsoever.

We may not like Trup but unless they have someone else to put forward then they should be supporting him at least by convention.

I hope they don't.  The GOP Needs to die or be folded into the Democrat party officially.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2016, 03:29:08 am »
Please check some of the sources offered up thread - THERE IS NO PLEDGE.

Yes. There is. Inconvenient, but they all signed it - even Trump, eventually.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2016, 03:38:41 am »
It is amazing all this talk of fealty to Trump and the Party - but never the same talk from Trump or the Party towards fealty to the Constitution.

I say we ban all people who are in office or ever ran for office who violated their oaths to uphold the Constitution and reneged on that oath by their actions/votes/inactions from ever running for public office ever again.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2016, 03:42:41 am »
If you make a pledge....binding your word...you keep it.

Is this the stance you held when Deceitful Donnie broke the pledge back in late March?

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/30/472365249/trump-goes-back-on-pledge-to-support-eventual-gop-nominee

DONALD TRUMP: No, I don't anyway. Look...

ANDERSON COOPER: You don't?

TRUMP: No, we'll see who it is.

How about when he released Ted Cruz from it?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/30/472363315/trump-abandons-pledge-to-support-republican-nominee

"Honestly, he doesn't have to support me," Trump said. "I'm not asking for his support."

Or are you a hypocrite, blindly supporting Hillary by pushing a dishonest, rotten candidate?

I hope you can show me how you blasted Trump, because I'd hate to think you're a hypocrite.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline etcb

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 04:46:02 am »
By Jeremy Diamond and Cassie Spodak, CNN
Updated 7:13 PM ET, Wed June 29, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/john-kasich-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/

(CNN)Donald Trump on Wednesday said his former Republican primary rivals who have refused to support him in November should be barred from running for public office again.

"They signed a pledge saying they will abide, saying they will back the candidate of the party," Trump said during a campaign appearance in Bangor, Maine, adding, "They broke their word. In my opinion, they should never be allowed to run for public office again because what they did is disgraceful."

Trump didn't mention any Republican candidates by name. But some of his significant primary challengers, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Ohio Gov. John Kasich -- who on Wednesday released a letter on his campaign fundraising list highlighting a positive poll for him -- have yet to endorse Trump despite saying during the primary they would back the GOP nominee.

Trump called Republicans who wouldn't back the pledge "sore losers."

Trump has struggled to unite Republican officials behind his campaign since clinching the party's nomination in early May and his frustrations with the slow pace of that unity have boiled over in recent weeks.

Despite talking up the need for party unity, Trump earlier this month criticized fellow Republicans and threatened to go it alone and campaign into the general election "by myself."

(more at link)
Why can't Mr. Trump accept the fact that the primary is over and he won.  The competition is now the democrat candidate and I fail to see what good is served by continuing to rail against former opponents.  He and a good number of his supporters seem to be more interested in punishing the former competition than in winning the presidency.  It is almost as if they expect defeat in the general election and are obsessed with constructing an excuse for that failure.   Does anyone actually think that if all 16 former opponents proclaimed in unison that Mr. Trump was the second coming of Jesus that he would be a better candidate.  I dread the prospect of a President Hillary and hope that Trump can get his act together before it is too late.  This is his race to win or lose and he needs to come to grip with who his opponent is.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 04:54:30 am »
FLASHBACK MAR 30 2016

Trump rescinds pledge to back Republican nominee; Cruz, Kasich refuse to commit support

Donald Trump said Tuesday that he would no longer honor his pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee for president, while fellow candidates Ted Cruz and John Kasich refused to say whether they would back the party's pick.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/30/trump-rescinds-pledge-to-back-republican-nominee-cruz-kasich-refuse-to-commit-support.html

So by his own words Trump should  drop out now.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:55:04 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 04:59:00 am »

Oh yes it is about Trump, because he broke the pledge back in March.   "Donald Trump said Tuesday that he would no longer honor his pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee for president". Now that he is the nominee, it is a whole different ballgame.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/30/trump-rescinds-pledge-to-back-republican-nominee-cruz-kasich-refuse-to-commit-support.html
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline WAC

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2016, 05:16:47 am »
Well playing tit for tat resolves absolutely  nothing and both sides are playing that game regardless of who started it or not......none of them have proven they're above the school yard level of engaging.

However....Trump 'IS' going into the conference as the Nominee.....and Hillary 'IS" going into her conference the Nominee.

At what point does our side quit playing school yard tactics and fight for the country by supporting the ONLY candidate we have????
 I frankly care less who it is at this point as long as we stop the Clinton Machinery from taking over the life of this country...and that's exactly what is going to happen if the party and the people don't stop this nonsense and "fight" for the country now.....We don't have the leizure to let it fall to the demorats.......there is no time to recover fro that and we'll be very fortunate if it can be stopped even in this election.....but it's guaranteed it will all escalate if the Clintons take the wheel of this country.....