Author Topic: FiveThirtyEight's Nate Silver Predicts Hillary Clinton Wins Election Against Donald Trump  (Read 2052 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This morning on ABC's “Good Morning America,” FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver predicted that Hillary Clinton will win the presidential election against Donald Trump.

Clinton has a 79 percent chance of winning, compared with Trump's 20 percent, according to FiveThirtyEight’s forecast.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
 Follow
 Good Morning America ✔ @GMA
Chances of winning the election according to @FiveThirtyEight and @NateSilver538:
Clinton - 79%
Trump - 20%
7:16 AM - 29 Jun 2016
  400 400 Retweets   439 439 likes
"We're at halftime of the election right now," Silver said. "She's taking a 7-point, maybe a 10-point lead into halftime. There's a lot of football left to be played. She's ahead in almost every poll, every swing state, every national poll."

ANALYSIS: How Politics Limited Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi Fallout
Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton Urge End to Terrorism After Istanbul Attack
Silver said "both candidates have a lot of room to grow," but the only recent candidate to blow a lead like the one Clinton holds was Massachusetts' then-Gov. Michael Dukakis in 1988.

"Trump has never been ahead of Clinton in the general election campaign," Silver said. "He did a great job of appealing to the 40 percent of the GOP he had to win the election, the primary — a lot different than winning 51 percent of 100 percent."

Silver called 49 states correctly in the 2008 presidential election and got all 50 in 2012.

FiveThirtyEight launches its general election forecast later today here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fivethirtyeights-nate-silver-predicts-hillary-clinton-wins-election/story?id=40213871

Offline Mechanicos

Isn’t this the same guy who said Trump had only a 5% chance of winning the Republican nomination?
http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/04/7-times-nate-silver-was-hilariously-wrong-about-donald-trump/
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

• Technical
Isn’t this the same guy who said Trump had only a 5% chance of winning the Republican nomination?
http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/04/7-times-nate-silver-was-hilariously-wrong-about-donald-trump/

I don't see anything to indicate he is wrong this time around.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

He gave the GOP too much credit for their intelligence and sanity.

Offline ScottinVA

I have no doubt Silver is right; the only question is by how much... and how much the Trumptanic disaster will drag down the rest of the GOP ticket.  The loss of the Senate is probably a fait accompli..  what remains is whether Nancy Pelosi will again become Speaker.

What IS known is Trump is giving the dems a boost way beyond their wildest dreams.

Offline ScottinVA

He's also the guy who correctly called the outcome of every state in 2012.  But on that 5% point, you're right.. he likely expected the GOP to wise up early and toss Trump aside like it should have before fall of 2015.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:25:34 pm by ScottinVA »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He's also the guy correctly called the outcome of every state in 2012.  But on that 5% point, you're right.. he likely expected the GOP to wise up early and toss Trump aside like it should have before fall of 2015.

IF conservative talk radio had called Trump out for what he really is last summer, we wouldn't be talking about this clown right now

Rush, et. al. gave this bozo credibility in a coy manner.  Now we will suffer for that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:25:38 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

I don't see anything to indicate he is wrong this time around.
Cept his anti-Trump bias and failure record on all predictions involving Trump so far. Plus he relies on such obviously garbage polls people are laughing at them -  like the battleground one that cited to a marketing firm that brags it does not measure but manipulates people to do things.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline ScottinVA

IF conservative talk radio had called Trump out for what he really is last summer, we wouldn't be talking about this clown right now

Rush, et. al. gave this bozo credibility in a coy manner.  Now we will suffer for that.

I couldn't agree more.  Trump would be back in his Towers, admiring himself in a gilded mirror and counting his money, and the country would be well on the way to stopping this destructive progressivist path of self-destruction.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:31:38 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline sinkspur

Nate Silver's map:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Mississippi, South Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona in play?  That only just underscores how weak the Trump ticket will be.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:49:59 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sinkspur

Trump's ahead by 7 in Texas.  Romney won Texas by 16.   Trump's mercantilism will not play well in Texas, since exports are a huge business here.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Trump's ahead by 7 in Texas.  Romney won Texas by 16.   Trump's mercantilism will not play well in Texas, since exports are a huge business here.

Add the fact that many of us in Texas are extremely conservative.  And conservative is not what Trump is.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Cept his anti-Trump bias and failure record on all predictions involving Trump so far. Plus he relies on such obviously garbage polls people are laughing at them -  like the battleground one that cited to a marketing firm that brags it does not measure but manipulates people to do things.
I think Silver was unable to predict that some Republicans would throw away all their heartfelt convictions, standards, and morals to fellatiate the Beast of Revelations.

...you got something on your chin.

• Technical
Did the impact of third parties figure into Nate's analysis?

• Technical
He gives Gary Johnson a 1 in 10 chance of pulling off some EC votes:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/