Author Topic: Poll Finds Opening for Third-Party Candidates as Clinton, Trump Remain Unpopular  (Read 564 times)

Offline RoosGirl

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-finds-opening-for-third-party-candidates-as-clinton-trump-remain-unpopular/ar-AAhGzUb?ocid=spartanntp

Deep dislike for the two leading presidential candidates is creating an opening for third-party hopefuls, potentially scrambling the race as voters cast about for alternatives, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll shows.

With majorities of registered voters holding negative views of Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump, two other candidates notched a level of support that could prove meaningful in a tight race.

Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein together drew backing from 16% of the 1,000 people surveyed. When voters had the option of choosing the third-party candidates, Mrs. Clinton’s lead over Mr. Trump dropped from 5 percentage points to 1 point.

The presence of third-party candidates on the ballot could add a measure of unpredictability to the election. The Libertarian Party expects to be on the ballot in all 50 states, the Green Party in at least three-quarters of states.

Mrs. Clinton led Mr. Trump by 46% to 41% when voters were asked which of the two they favored. Mrs. Clinton led by only a single point, 39% to 38%, when voters could also choose Mr. Johnson or Ms. Stein.

Continued...

Offline RetBobbyMI

Media still ignores true conservatives like Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RoosGirl

Media still ignores true conservatives like Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party.

I noticed.  They are on the ballot in Florida.  I will be voting Constitution Party.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I noticed.  They are on the ballot in Florida.  I will be voting Constitution Party.

Same here.  Already have my Aug primary ballot, but no one other than pubbies and demrats in the state and local offices.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy