Author Topic: James Dobson Walks Back The Story of Trump’s Conversion  (Read 3007 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
My question is, I thought Trump has been claiming he has been a Christian most of his life, he is the best Christian, and no one reads the Bible as much as him. Now, the claim is he is recently converted? Converted from what?

The other day news broke that somebody told James Dobson that Donald Trump finally found Jesus. After much ridicule, Dobson is now walking it back.

Dobson now says he does not know for sure and, more importantly, he claims that the person who supposedly led Donald Trump to the Lord is noted prosperity gospel heretic Paula White.....

http://theresurgent.com/james-dobson-walks-back-the-story-of-trumps-conversion/

geronl

Re: James Dobson Walks Back The Story of Trump’s Conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:55:18 pm »
Sucker!

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:09:06 pm »
My question is, I thought Trump has been claiming he has been a Christian most of his life, he is the best Christian, and no one reads the Bible as much as him. Now, the claim is he is recently converted? Converted from what?

@AbaraXas

He NEEDS to be converted from pathological lying. 

In perpetuating an untruth and trying to sell that sleaze's fake conversion, Dobson has lost his credibility.  Chalk up another trashed reputation to association with Trump.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 11:38:44 pm »
Lyin' Don rides again.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 11:42:31 pm »
Another sucker falls victim to the "truthful hyperbole" of Trump. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 09:48:09 am »
Some Facts for the gullible ones who think Eric Erickson is legit source for anything on Trump.

First Eric is Paid to deceive about Trump:
Erick Erickson’s media venture “The Resurgent“, is taking Super-PAC money from the (formerly Scott Walker advocates and financial backers) Ricketts family of Wisconsin who fund OUR PRINCIPLES PAC to the tune of $3,000,000 in February alone.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/03/30/eric-errickson-website-resurgent-paid-by-pro-cruzanti-trump-our-principles-pac/

He took this tweet:
1/That Trump conversion? Um. Dobson: "Do I know that for sure? No. Do I know the details of that alleged conversion? Can't say that I do."
From here:

https://twitter.com/sullivanamy/status/747878132519055360

To create the outright LIE That James Dobson is walking back the Story of Trump's conversion.

Where is this alleged walk back?  Only God Knows Trump's heart for sure. Only God and Trump would know the details of how, when and if Trump accepted Jesus as his Savior.

Go back and read what Dobson said, This is consistent not changed. Its called truthfulness by Dobson more so then any of you claiming you know Trump's heart And is nothing more then unsupported lies from the well paid to lie about Trump Erick Erickson.  The Establishment (The PAC who hired Eric) is trying to do damage control- that's is all this Agitprop is about.

Eris Erickson again .
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 10:11:28 am »
Mechanicos,

And you think #NeverTrump cares about truth? Their lover Ted Cruz was rejected and now they're going to make sure the party (and America) pays a price.

Nothing's more irrational and dangerous than a lover scorned.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 10:34:31 am »
Mechanicos,

And you think #NeverTrump cares about truth? Their lover Ted Cruz was rejected and now they're going to make sure the party (and America) pays a price.

Nothing's more irrational and dangerous than a lover scorned.

Lover?  Guess the discourse can't be expected to stay out of the gutter when trumps involved.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 10:38:47 am »

The resurgent?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 10:41:01 am »
Lover?  Guess the discourse can't be expected to stay out of the gutter when trumps involved.

Nah, they just can't conceive of a person taking a position without having a "leader" to tell them how to think.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 12:15:48 pm »

The starting point for Trump is the gutter.

It just goes downhill from there.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 12:49:10 pm »
The starting point for Trump is the gutter.

It just goes downhill from there.

Trump brings out the worst in people, and many of his supporters embrace it and find it to be a plus.  It's being "tough", you see.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 03:00:00 pm »
Some Facts for the gullible ones who think Eric Erickson is legit source for anything on Trump.

First Eric is Paid to deceive about Trump:  https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/03/30/eric-errickson-website-resurgent-paid-by-pro-cruzanti-trump-our-principles-pac/

He took this tweet: From here:

To create the outright LIE That James Dobson is walking back the Story of Trump's conversion.

Where is this alleged walk back?  Only God Knows Trump's heart for sure. Only God and Trump would know the details of how, when and if Trump accepted Jesus as his Savior.

Go back and read what Dobson said, This is consistent not changed. Its called truthfulness by Dobson more so then any of you claiming you know Trump's heart And is nothing more then unsupported lies from the well paid to lie about Trump Erick Erickson.  The Establishment (The PAC who hired Eric) is trying to do damage control- that's is all this Agitprop is about.

Eris Erickson again .

You and I have had this discussion before, and I have provided you with proof that the mouth-breathing Conservative Treehouse was being dishonest.  The money received by Erickson was payment for advertising.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/04/08/daily-caller-runs-op-ed-attacking-redstate-racist-trump-supporter-roger-stone/

From my linked article:
"...which is sourced by an extremely stupid article at the Trump stooge website Conservative Treehouse - is that our anti-Trump commentary is bought and paid for by Koch money, because Erick Erickson's new website took advertising money from an anti-Trump PAC. Seriously."

And:

"But even the allegations, as applied to Erick and The Resurgent, are moronic. The FEC filing referenced by Stone shows that on February 1, 2016, an anti-Trump Super PAC (Our Principles PAC) paid for $10,300 in advertising on The Resurgent (not $3 million as the factually challenged Stone implies)."

So, Mechanicos, why do you continue perpetuating this lie?

As for Dobson's walkback, that's exactly what he did.  He was doing nothing but repeating a rumor he desperately wanted to be true in the hopes it would convince some gullible souls to vote for Trump.  He had no business opening his mouth when he didn't know whether his claim was true or not.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 04:05:12 pm »
You and I have had this discussion before, and I have provided you with proof that the mouth-breathing Conservative Treehouse was being dishonest.  The money received by Erickson was payment for advertising.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/04/08/daily-caller-runs-op-ed-attacking-redstate-racist-trump-supporter-roger-stone/

From my linked article:
"...which is sourced by an extremely stupid article at the Trump stooge website Conservative Treehouse - is that our anti-Trump commentary is bought and paid for by Koch money, because Erick Erickson's new website took advertising money from an anti-Trump PAC. Seriously."

And:

"But even the allegations, as applied to Erick and The Resurgent, are moronic. The FEC filing referenced by Stone shows that on February 1, 2016, an anti-Trump Super PAC (Our Principles PAC) paid for $10,300 in advertising on The Resurgent (not $3 million as the factually challenged Stone implies)."

@CatherineofAragon

@Mechanicos, I'm also curious.  You've been corrected, with evidence provided, yet you still post untrue material.  Since you've already been informed that it's not just lacking in credibility, but is demonstrably false, you're posting these untruths willingly.

Why do you persist, therefore?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 04:23:59 pm »

First Eric is Paid to deceive about Trump:  https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/03/30/eric-errickson-website-resurgent-paid-by-pro-cruzanti-trump-our-principles-pac/

He took this tweet: From here:

Eris Erickson again .
So while we are talking about payments. What does it say about Trump's walk and testimony (note I didn't say heart only God can see that) as a Christian to have given so much money to the party that works so hard against Christian vales on a number of issues. The good book says by their fruit you shall know them (Matthew 7:16) It also says that by works are what show a man's faith (James 2:18)

Also let's consider the facts of the matter at hand.

Dobson on Trump 6-25:
"Dobson, a Christian psychologist and founder of the Focus on the Family group, said he knows “the person who led [Trump] to Christ. And that’s fairly recent.” -Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-james-dobson-evangelicals-224799#ixzz4Cz9mDlfW

Dobson on Trump yesterday "Do I know that for sure?  No.  Do I know the details of that alleged conversion?  I can’t say that I do."

So Dobson went from says he knows to not knowing. I'd call that a walk back.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline WAC

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 04:27:51 pm »

Paula White is a charlatan so even if this was so I would greatly question anything she might have led Trump to do or say regarding a conversion. She is not well received in the Christian community for her many escapades, let alone her name it claim dumping.

As for Dobson..I'm surprised he would even mention Trumps conversion.....if indeed that happened at all.  The whole think stinks as far as I'm concerned.....but we cannot forget that it is likely the only time in Trumps life he's had so many Christians surrounding him, and for that he will be exposed to the Gospel message non the less.

I personally am not taking too much said about Trump at this point.....everything is just more of the same to get Hillary seen in a favorable light. She will never get that from me......and I will do what ever is necessary to make sure the Clinton Machinery doesn't engulf itself into the heart of our governance again!..Including voting for Trump.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 09:23:11 pm »
So while we are talking about payments. What does it say about Trump's walk and testimony (note I didn't say heart only God can see that) as a Christian to have given so much money to the party that works so hard against Christian vales on a number of issues. The good book says by their fruit you shall know them (Matthew 7:16) It also says that by works are what show a man's faith (James 2:18)

Also let's consider the facts of the matter at hand.

Dobson on Trump 6-25:
"Dobson, a Christian psychologist and founder of the Focus on the Family group, said he knows “the person who led [Trump] to Christ. And that’s fairly recent.” -Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-james-dobson-evangelicals-224799#ixzz4Cz9mDlfW

Dobson on Trump yesterday "Do I know that for sure?  No.  Do I know the details of that alleged conversion?  I can’t say that I do."

So Dobson went from says he knows to not knowing. I'd call that a walk back.
I would call that admitting a lie.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 07:09:17 am »

Because repeating the lie allows him to avoid reality.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 10:29:30 am »
Right so your walk-back claim with is Dobson said he KNEW Trump had converted and knew the details of it. Now hes saying the exact opposite. That is what it requires  to support your spew here people.

Seems all you have shown is Dobson said he was told about Trumps conversion done with somebody else and did not have details of it. You have not proven the other person lied you have not proven Dobson said he has personal knowledge of Trumps conversion.

In other words you have nothing but your desires to claim Trump is not a Christian since then you would have to behave like one to him.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 10:34:04 am »

From my linked article:

And:

As for Dobson's walkback, that's exactly what he did.  He was doing nothing but repeating a rumor he desperately wanted to be true in the hopes it would convince some gullible souls to vote for Trump.  He had no business opening his mouth when he didn't know whether his claim was true or not.
Hmmmm Redstate or FEC filing linked to by Conservative tree house Who has more creditability? Oh wait you think the guy who has an official public record proving hes a lair is the more credible one. Try again. The FEC filing is linked in the Tree House and it is not disputable.

It is a sin to falsely accuse others of lying. 

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 03:21:55 pm »
Hmmmm Redstate or FEC filing linked to by Conservative tree house Who has more creditability? Oh wait you think the guy who has an official public record proving hes a lair is the more credible one. Try again. The FEC filing is linked in the Tree House and it is not disputable.

It is a sin to falsely accuse others of lying.
Oh good. I was afraid you weren't going to appologize for what you said about Cruz.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour