Author Topic: Vote your conscience - Noah Webster "History of the United States"  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Richardtavor

"When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed on your mind that God commands you to chose for rulers just men who will rule in the fear of God'...

If our citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made not for the public good so much as for the selfish or local purposes;

Corrupt or incompetent men will be appointed to execute the laws; the public revenues will be squandered on unworthy men; and the rights of the citizens will be violated or disregarded.

If a republican government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the divine commands, and elect bad men and aminister laws.

Noah Webster wrote this in his "History of the United States", 1832.

It was true then and it is true now:  I will vote for whom I believe that God is directing me to.  If my choice is not the one, so be it.  God creates the rulers for His purposes, whether I agree or not.  I strongly recommend that each of you vote for whom you believe is the choice that you have conviction about, not whom those who try to manipulate you want you to vote for.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Vote your conscience - Noah Webster "History of the United States"
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 01:22:36 am »
Well stated.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

Re: Vote your conscience - Noah Webster "History of the United States"
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 02:06:52 am »