Author Topic: Latest NBC poll: Clinton has largest lead of the race nationally  (Read 3594 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Latest NBC poll: Clinton has largest lead of the race nationally
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 12:38:25 am »
Hillary just adds to that lead every single day.

This was once a winnable election, folks.   I still cannot believe how fatally stupid 40% of GOP voters were in the primary, to select the monumentally worst possible candidate.  Trump has no chance of winning in November.. not "infinitesimally small," not "minuscule," not "minimal," but nonexistent.

@ScottinVA

Who do you think would have a better chance against Hillary.  This is a serious question, so please give a serious answer.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 12:41:08 am »
He has his 35 to 45 percent hardcore support from voters in the primaries, but little enthusiasm from anyone else.

@starstruck    Yeah, and Rafael had what?  20% hardcore support.

No one except Donald J Trump can beat Hillary.  And he will.  :tongue2:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 12:43:39 am »
She chooses Warren and promises student loan forgiveness and the millennials are her's.

So's your future, @LMAO   ---  Not that you care.   :shrug:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 12:49:18 am »

Trump has been ahead in NO poll in June, and in only two since he was declared the "presumptive nominee."  All those polls are not wrong. 

Trump's speech today cut the legs out from under large donors, who make their livings in a global economy. Trump wants Smoot-Hawley again, raising the prices of basic goods for the poorest Americans.

Congress will not support tariffs, nor will they back a wholesale reneging on our global trade agreements.  So all this mercantilist talk from Trump is just that....talk.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2016, 12:49:54 am »
Mesaclone - President Romney would like to remind you what happens when you "unskew" polls. Or don't you remember that particular debacle?

I'm very conscience of that mentality actually, as it was quite the fiasco. That doesn't mean that the entire science of polling is no longer up for scrutiny...and a push poll remains a push poll. Repub/Dem splits of 36-24 are laughable by any measure, and not reflective of any known voter turnout in recent elections.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:36 am »
Trump has been ahead in NO poll in June, and in only two since he was declared the "presumptive nominee."  All those polls are not wrong. 

Trump's speech today cut the legs out from under large donors, who make their livings in a global economy. Trump wants Smoot-Hawley again, raising the prices of basic goods for the poorest Americans.

Congress will not support tariffs, nor will they back a wholesale reneging on our global trade agreements.  So all this mercantilist talk from Trump is just that....talk.

All the polls certainly aren't wrong. He IS behind by 3-5 points. However, he's WAY behind in states like California and New York with huge populations...and the magnitude of defeat in those states is meaningless in electoral terms. In battleground states, he is tied, slightly ahead and slightly behind depending on the state...so state polls are of MUCH greater significance. National polls reflect the huge disparity in the big states of NY and CA...so as long as Trump is in that 3-5 percent range he is in an extremely tight race electorally, and has every chance of making up the ground.

Overreading and/or misreading polls is easy to do...you MUST look at internals. You can over-read those as well, but right now you and your cohorts are simply running with national registered voter polls with huge partisan affiliation margins...not a predictive tool for what will happen in November.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2016, 12:55:45 am »
I'm very conscience of that mentality actually, as it was quite the fiasco. That doesn't mean that the entire science of polling is no longer up for scrutiny...and a push poll remains a push poll. Repub/Dem splits of 36-24 are laughable by any measure, and not reflective of any known voter turnout in recent elections.
Actual voter registration is very close to that, alas. That's the inherent disadvantage the GOP faces going forward, and with the demographics that vote Democrat continuing to grow, it's only going to get worse.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 12:57:37 am »
So's your future, @LMAO   ---  Not that you care.   :shrug:

I care enough to remain politically active. Those of us who call ourselves conservatives will not be going away regardless who wins in Nov

I just choose conservatism. You don't and that's fine. We'll agree to disagree
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 01:05:07 am »
Actual voter registration is very close to that, alas. That's the inherent disadvantage the GOP faces going forward, and with the demographics that vote Democrat continuing to grow, it's only going to get worse.

Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly since both parties have been something of a disappointment) it's lower than that: 29% Dem, 26% Repub.

Pulled this from Gallup, published back in January.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 01:12:37 am »
Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly since both parties have been something of a disappointment) it's lower than that: 29% Dem, 26% Repub.

Pulled this from Gallup, published back in January.
Thank you for the correction. My numbers were a little outdated (probably from right after Obama was first elected).

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2016, 02:25:52 am »
@ScottinVA

Who do you think would have a better chance against Hillary.  This is a serious question, so please give a serious answer.

Gov. Scott Walker and Sen Marco Rubio, for two.  Both were running far stronger vs both leading democrats than Trump.  Walker, especially, is far more a proven and battle-tested conservative than Trump could ever hope to be.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2016, 02:29:06 am »

What data supports that assumption of yours? 

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 02:33:10 am »
All the polls certainly aren't wrong. He IS behind by 3-5 points. However, he's WAY behind in states like California and New York with huge populations...and the magnitude of defeat in those states is meaningless in electoral terms. In battleground states, he is tied, slightly ahead and slightly behind depending on the state...so state polls are of MUCH greater significance. National polls reflect the huge disparity in the big states of NY and CA...so as long as Trump is in that 3-5 percent range he is in an extremely tight race electorally, and has every chance of making up the ground.

Overreading and/or misreading polls is easy to do...you MUST look at internals. You can over-read those as well, but right now you and your cohorts are simply running with national registered voter polls with huge partisan affiliation margins...not a predictive tool for what will happen in November.

Exactly the same words we heard in 2012.  The noise about "biased polls" and "misinterpreting numbers" is nothing but a security blanket to those who have an aversion to reality.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 02:50:20 am »

And yet, I'd venture to guess that almost all of the Republican primary electorate would have been satisfied with just about any of the candidates, including Cruz.

The only one a sizable portion wouldn't be satisfied with? You guessed it—Donald J Trump. We told you this would happen.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 03:04:04 am »
And yet, I'd venture to guess that almost all of the Republican primary electorate would have been satisfied with just about any of the candidates, including Cruz.

The only one a sizable portion wouldn't be satisfied with? You guessed it—Donald J Trump. We told you this would happen.

Much to your chagrin, Republican voters chose Donald Trump.

As for telling us "this would happen", are you saying you told us that you and your fellows would sabotage the GOP nominee so Hillary could win? And you think anyone would listen to that kind of baloney? The fact that you would work so diligently to put Hillary in the White House says everything about your movement...its not conservative, its just a childish tantrum that makes Hillary president. For shame.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 03:15:28 am »
Hillary or Donald will be president. ALL of us will have a part in which, but none of us get to pretend we are not responsible...for my part, I will work day and night to ensure it is not Hillary. Many, including yourself, are choosing to actively help her or to do nothing to stop her. That's your choice and you've every right to it, just quit pretending its something other than that.

I read this and, after some thought, I agree. Whatever one decides to do in Nov, there are consequences to their decision. Good or ill.

And one should be willing to accept the consequences  of their decision
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:23:14 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Oceander

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 03:20:12 am »

As for telling us "this would happen", are you saying you told us that you and your fellows would sabotage the GOP nominee so Hillary could win? And you think anyone would listen to that kind of baloney? The fact that you would work so diligently to put Hillary in the White House says everything about your movement...its not conservative, its just a childish tantrum that makes Hillary president. For shame.

There is no need to sabotage Trump.  If he is the nominee, then he has made President H. Clinton inevitable, and the only people responsible for that will be you and your ilk, who chose out of fear and hatred, and ignored the fact that your new god is unelectable.

President Clinton will be your fault.  Not mine.  If you had not picked someone who was just as bad as Clinton, then I would have voted for that person; but you didn't, you picked someone who will be just as bad as Clinton; he has already been caught out as a liar, telling fibs just to get people like you to get emotionally - not rationally - invested in his cult of personality; and he will be just as liberal as she will be - the facts, cold hard facts, of his past and the political milieu in which he spent most of his adult life prove as much.

If you had acted rationally, and not out of blind emotion, we wouldn't be here today.  But you didn't, so here we are.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:20:50 am by Oceander »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 11:35:15 am »

Spare me with the moral superiority schtick.

Trump is a terrible person and a terrible choice for President. Believe it or not, he is as much of a threat to our nation's future as Hillary; he is no ordinary Republican candidate. We're not fighting to put her in office; far from it. We just don't care either way at this point, and if there were a viable way to stop both of them, we'd do it.

Do not yet your (well-justified) hatred of Hillary Clinton blind you to the big picture. The candidate we vote for has to be someone who at least is somewhat worth voting for. For once in my life, Donald Trump doesn't even come close to this standard—and harping on us, blaming us for his faults and going into hysterics about how we're at fault because Hillary Clinton will screw us over (as if Donald Trump won't) doesn't change that.