Author Topic: Democrats: We Will Overcome the Constitution  (Read 500 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats: We Will Overcome the Constitution
« on: June 26, 2016, 01:57:49 pm »
Democrats: We Will Overcome the Constitution    
By David Harsanyi
Friday, June 24 2016
This is the Democratic Party of 2016. Engaging in emotional blackmail and demagoguery, and waving pictures of the victims of Islamic terrorism to push an unrelated bill that would not have saved a single one of those lives and will never pass, all the while lying about guns.

Nothing stirs the passions of Democrats these days quite like the prospect of gutting the Constitution. In an unprecedented act of pretend political bravery, House members held a catered sit-in, demanding that Republicans allow a vote to strip away protections of Second, Fifth and Sixth Amendments of the Constitution. It was quite the scene.

There were the selfie-happy Democrats singing "We Shall Overcome" while demanding passage of a bill that those right-wing nutjobs over at the American Civil Liberties Union have "strongly" argued would undermine civil liberties. As of this writing, no participant has been beaten down by the cops or thrown into a dank cell, although iPhones were probably getting perilously low on juice for those who'd forgotten their chargers.

Sit strong, heroes!

http://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/42-constitution-and-legal/3157-democrats-we-will-overcome-the-constitution

READ MORE
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:58:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Online goatprairie

Re: Democrats: We Will Overcome the Constitution
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 06:30:06 pm »
Any Dem or person who says the constitution is a "living breathing document" really does not believe in the constitution. It is to be used only for their own gains and ignored when it does not support their purposes.  King Barack uses it to wipe his posterior.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »
Trump will put the Bill of Rights, "on the table"

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 07:10:57 pm »
Any Dem or person who says the constitution is a "living breathing document" really does not believe in the constitution. It is to be used only for their own gains and ignored when it does not support their purposes.  King Barack uses it to wipe his posterior.

Exactly so.  The Constitution is a contract between the states, the people, and the federal government.  Anyone familiar with contracts knows that no one party to a contract may ignore portions of said contract or claim that the terms of the contract now mean something altogether different from what they meant when the contract was agreed to.  A "living, breathing document" would be nothing more than a set of suggestions.  That is decidedly not what the Constitution is.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 07:50:38 pm »
Trump will put the Bill of Rights, "on the table"

Specifically Trump's spokesman Ben Carson actually said that the Second Amendment needs to be put on the negotiating table:

https://swordattheready.wordpress.com/2016/06/23/trump-campaign-put-second-amendment-on-the-table-for-negotiation/

Everything is up for negotiation with Trump - including your inalienable rights - which I can practically guarantee he will trade away.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 11:10:45 pm »
Exactly so.  The Constitution is a contract between the states, the people, and the federal government.  Anyone familiar with contracts knows that no one party to a contract may ignore portions of said contract or claim that the terms of the contract now mean something altogether different from what they meant when the contract was agreed to.  A "living, breathing document" would be nothing more than a set of suggestions.  That is decidedly not what the Constitution is.
I was watching some news program recently, and they had a Dem pol or operative on arguing that since the constitution was written more 200 years ago, it obviously wasn't up to date with today's changing culture and ways. He inferred that it was alright to ignore sections of the constitution that didn't agree with his party's agenda.
Oh really!!! Well, we've had laws against murder, arson, robbery for over 200 years as well. I guess they're not up to date with today's changing culture. So I surmise that that Dem idiot doesn't mind if I make my own laws allowing me to rob and/or murder him or his loved ones. I'd just be changing with the times. Why should we obey old laws?
We all know the Dems just want to obey the parts of the constitution that help them promote their sick agenda and ignore the ones that might prevent or alter their twisted plans.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:15:19 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 02:22:24 am »
"Democrats: We Will Overcome the Constitution"

We should consider such an open declaration of their intent to be GOOD news.

They're not even trying to hide it any more.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 02:30:43 am »
The Constituion of the United States is non-negotiable, period.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 10:11:16 am »
The Constituion of the United States is non-negotiable, period.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God

And that oath had no expiration date, as many of us who took it recognize.  Defending the Constitution against all enemies foreign and (especially!) domestic is rapidly coming to be something we will need to do more than give lip service to.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 01:23:39 pm »
"Democrats: We Will Overcome the Constitution"

We should consider such an open declaration of their intent to be GOOD news.

They're not even trying to hide it any more.

Does it matter? Is there even enough people left that care that the Constitution is being trampled?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 03:13:42 pm »
And that oath had no expiration date, as many of us who took it recognize.  Defending the Constitution against all enemies foreign and (especially!) domestic is rapidly coming to be something we will need to do more than give lip service to.

I don't know why some in Congress or any federal office have a problem with their OATH, other than they aren't held accountable.  The general voting public doesn't understand or care about it.  Public officials aren't prosecuted for violating it, be it Obama, Hillary, or stupid Congress Critters.

This oath should be plastered everywhere!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy