Author Topic: TOLD YOU SO (Continued): Trump’s ‘Total and Complete’ Reversal on Muslim Ban  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
TOLD YOU SO (Continued): Trump’s ‘Total and Complete’ Reversal on Muslim Ban

The issue came up Saturday as Trump gave reporters a tour of his golf course on Scotland's eastern coast. During one of four stops along the 18-hole course, a reporter asked Trump if he would be okay with a Muslim from Scotland coming into the United States and he said it "wouldn't bother me."

So if you're from Scotland you're totally fine. Yes, that answer matters, even from a golf course. Your words matter. Sorry.

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/06/25/told-continued-trumps-total-complete-reversal-muslim-ban/

Wrong, wrong, wrong Mr. Trump.   This is the problem with your position on Islam.  Your position does nothing to protect Americans from Radical Islam.  It isn't what country that a Muslim is coming from.  It is what form of Islam that they followed.  In our great big global world immigration of Muslims has already occurred.  There are radicals in Scotland, Sweden, Germany, Britain, France, and yes Mr. Trump America.  Citizens in America.............SHOCK!  The Muslims I saw on video tonight in London look like any Muslims from the ME.  I see them in my state too here in America.  I was in a store one time and a Muslim and his wife.......full burqah (spelling?).  Anyway the man looked at me with disgust.  I am sure I wasn't dressed according to his Sharia Law.  So they are here.  What Mr. Trump can we do to strengthen our resolve against foreign law that threatens our freedoms?  To discourage any states from allowing any foreign law to creep into America  That is what we need to do to preserve our freedom and safety in this country.  To uphold the law.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/03/25/most-prominent-imam-in-scotland-praises-taliban-killer-mosque-allegedly-funds-jihad/

Can this Scottish Muslim immigrate to America?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-germany-idUSKBN0IH0PL20141028

What about Muslim immigrants from Germany?  What's the difference Germany or Syria?????

I would like to know how these people continue to radicalize right from America and are allowed to do it?  Shouldn't we do something about this?

http://patch.com/michigan/dearborn/feds-go-after-250k-owed-dearborn-cleric-isis-influence
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 07:48:31 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RedHead

How can you expect Trump to remember what he said more than a few minutes after he said it?

Offline Mechanicos

As usual Antis make up a strawman to attack Trump. Oh and its Presstitute Eric the red again.

Here is Trumps consistent position in writing from December. See how Eric lied for your self.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-on-preventing-muslim-immigration

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

What part of TEMPORARY ban did the Eric the red forget to create this deceptive hit piece.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RedHead

As usual Antis make up a strawman to attack Trump. Oh and its Presstitute Eric the red again.

Here is Trumps consistent position in writing from December. See how Eric lied for your self.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-on-preventing-muslim-immigration

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

What part of TEMPORARY ban did the Eric the red forget to create this deceptive hit piece.

How did the author lie?  Temporary or otherwise, Trump called for, in writing, a total and complete shutdown of Muslims from entering the U.S.  He has walked that back literally from day one.  First he exempted U.S. Muslims.  Then athletes and foreign politicians.  Lately the ban has been reduced to only countries with a history of terrorism towards the U.S. or Europe.  Maybe Trump could do us all a favor and just list the countries included in the ban individually?  And why they are included?

And as for the second part: "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on".  What exactly does that mean?  Figure out what?

Offline Mechanicos

How did the author lie?  Temporary or otherwise, Trump called for, in writing, a total and complete shutdown of Muslims from entering the U.S.  He has walked that back literally from day one.  First he exempted U.S. Muslims.  Then athletes and foreign politicians.  Lately the ban has been reduced to only countries with a history of terrorism towards the U.S. or Europe.  Maybe Trump could do us all a favor and just list the countries included in the ban individually?  And why they are included?

And as for the second part: "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on".  What exactly does that mean?  Figure out what?

He has called for a temporary ban until we can figure out how to stop the terrorists from coming in.

Presstitute Eric lied saying its a changed position. He lied by ignoring that the ban is temporary. So after we figure it out how to stop the terrorist ones what Trump said is 100 percent consistent with his written position.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Chosen Daughter

And what I am wondering is why he thinks this will make us safer?  As I pointed out in the thread terrorist come from every country.  You would have to have a total ban on Muslims entering the U.S to assure that no further immigration of Radicalized Muslims occur.  And they are already here.  Trump hasn't spelled out any way that Americans can feel safer.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sinkspur

Trump's total ban is unworkable.  It would mean every single visitor to the United States (no matter from what country) would have to be administered some sort of religious test.  What would that look like?

There will be no ban of Muslims, of any kind.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Trump's total ban is unworkable.  It would mean every single visitor to the United States (no matter from what country) would have to be administered some sort of religious test.  What would that look like?

Exactly it does nothing as I pointed out in the links.  He said he would be OK with Scottish Muslim immigrating?  Guess he didn't realize that Extremist Radical Muslims come from every single country on earth.  They all have the same Qur An

Offline LMAO

Friends, this is just the beginning of Trump's evolving positions. Be it on guns, illegal immigrants, this, more is coming.

He once told Anderson Cooper he liked the Obamacare mandate. He didn't misspeak on that. That was his inner statist peeking out. Some supporters will start to get cold feet when it comes to backing Trump as these shifts continue.

Too many, I'm afraid, are too "all in" to ever doubt or question him.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

There will be no ban on Muslims.
There will be no wall.
There will be no "great" new trade deals.

If Trump is elected president there will be nothing but a bunch of aging, white working class males still living in their mothers' basements, staring at their faded "Make America Great Again" posters, and wondering what happened as their hero Mr. Trump throws unbelievably lavish White House parties with the Clintons and the rest of the DC/Wall Street establishment, basking in the glory of his oh so clever victory.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:17:00 pm by massadvj »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What he really mean to say was insert the opposite of what was reported here, because the media distorted him by insert lame excuse either saying it was a joke, misreported, or leading question here.

Offline LMAO

If Trump is elected president there will be nothing but a bunch of aging, white working class males still living in their mothers' basements, staring at their faded "Make America Great Again" posters, and wondering what happened as their hero Mr. Trump throws unbelievably lavish White House parties with the Clintons and the rest of the DC/Wall Street establishment, basking in the glory of his oh so clever victory.

They'll fit right in with the 2008 "Hope and Change" crowds who are staring at those faded "Hope and Change" 2008 posters wondering what happened to that Hope and Change.

They got the change. Just not the hope
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

How many flip flops that Trump has so far???  I remember when everyone on our side hated flip floppers like Trump.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

How many flip flops that Trump has so far???  I remember when everyone on our side hated flip floppers like Trump.

That went out the door when all those stalwart patriotic 'conservatives' (to this day in fact) condemned anyone who had the audacity to stand on principle and not elect Romney, the deposed KING of flip-floppery.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:16:52 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline RedHead

He has called for a temporary ban until we can figure out how to stop the terrorists from coming in.

That's your interpretation.  When did he say that?

Presstitute Eric lied saying its a changed position. He lied by ignoring that the ban is temporary. So after we figure it out how to stop the terrorist ones what Trump said is 100 percent consistent with his written position.

Trump's written position was a complete and total ban on Muslims entering.  Now he's saying it's a complete and total ban on Muslims entering except for Scotland.  Trump changes his position on a daily basis, possibly because trying to remember what he said before makes his head hurt.

Offline RoosGirl

That's your interpretation.  When did he say that?

Trump's written position was a complete and total ban on Muslims entering.  Now he's saying it's a complete and total ban on Muslims entering except for Scotland.  Trump changes his position on a daily basis, possibly because trying to remember what he said before makes his head hurt.

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."  The part where we are supposed to assume this means it's a temporary ban are the words "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."  No one, including Trump, has any explanation for what that means.  The Trump supporters have latched on to this as proof that the ban is temporary.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There will be no ban on Muslims.
There will be no wall.
There will be no "great" new trade deals.

That is EXACTLY what will happen if Ill Douche by an incredible miracle manages to get crowned instead of Hildabeast.

And shills like @Mechanicos will continue to excuse each flip-flop, reversal and outright lie and outrage, because they will continue to play Apologist and spinmeister while genuflecting their political king and savior.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

Obama already fixed this. Entry forms now ask applicants if they plan to commit terrorism while in the US....

lol

Offline Chosen Daughter

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."  The part where we are supposed to assume this means it's a temporary ban are the words "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."  No one, including Trump, has any explanation for what that means.  The Trump supporters have latched on to this as proof that the ban is temporary.

And now from Scotland a different story.  I don't know how anyone can vote for wishy washy,  one day this and the next that.  And of course his plan for either way is a failure complete and utter.  Islam, Sharia Law and Radical Islam is already here.  Targeting any country as a terrorist nation is futile.  We are already living in a global world.  The internet and cell phone, disposable, all of our modern media aids these radicals in every way to plan and execute terror.  The one thing that is known is Homeland Security had the Orlando shooter on radar and failed to act to stop terror.  Apparently on radar for good reason but why was the case dropped? 

Keeping America safe is a tough job but our agencies have to do the best they can and be supported and not limited by PC.

This is my thought since Trumps plans actually have zero chance of keeping us safe.  Not in by itself at least.  And opening the door to religious test would be an absolute mistake.  If a person actually values their freedom to worship freely we do not want a religious test.  Once you open the door then every single religion is a target for this.  Don't be silly.  Look at every time that Westborough Baptist cult does something.  Or a crazy kook identifying as Christian attacks an abortion clinic there is the media about Christian extremists.  That and the attack already from the Atheist group to destroy everything Christian.  Christianity would become a target of religious test.  So Donald's plans actually have a good chance of bringing about religious oppression for Christianity also.

This is my proposal...........

Generate a bill which reinforces the already clear First Amendment of the Constitution as the only law of the land.  The bill should be clear that no foreign laws will be tolerated in this country.  Attach to it repercussions for any local government that allows foreign laws to exist lose all Federal Funding.  Make it clear that Islam will not be taught in our schools regardless of how many Muslims live in your city, county or state.  Loss of all Funding for education, natural disaster..............any need for Federal Funds withheld if a local government chooses to trash our religious liberty by undermining Americans rights afforded to them by the United States Constitution, Bill OF Rights and the governing laws of this county.  People who come here will be made to know that they must assimilate into our free culture or leave.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:13:59 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

This is my proposal...........

Generate a bill which reinforces the already clear First Amendment of the Constitution as the only law of the land.  The bill should be clear that no foreign laws will be tolerated in this country.  Attach to it repercussions for any local government that allows foreign laws to exist loose all Federal Funding.  Make it clear that Islam will not be taught in our schools regardless of how many Muslims live in your city, county or state.  Loss of all Funding for education, natural disaster..............any need for Federal Funds withheld if a local government chooses to trash our religious liberty by undermining Americans rights afforded to them by the United States Constitution, Bill OF Rights and the governing laws of this county.  People who come here will be made to know that they must assimilate into our free culture or leave.

I agree for the most part. There needs to be an amendment to the Constitution that clearly states that the United States Constitution only applies to LEGAL CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES; and those wanting to become citizens of the United States must comply with U.S. laws, assimilate according to immigration laws and NO FOREIGN laws will be carried forward or supersede those of the U.S. Constitution.

I take some exception with hesitation regarding the idea of stipulating that Islam shall not be taught in schools regardless of how many Muslims live in your city, county, state, etc.,. Under the 10th amendment "powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.  I think it is important NOT to give the federal government more power over the states; rather the states need to have more power of the federal government.

Secondly, immigration laws need to be changed to incorporate a signed agreement of assimilation which will include; learning the English language, American history, and American culture; and surrendering cultural practices which are destructive to the laws of the United States.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

"I told you so" is correct.  Trump is nothing more than a liar.

Offline Mechanicos

Caution #neverTrump talking points here.

Offline libertybele

Caution #neverTrump talking points here.

Really?  So, exactly what #NeverTrump talking points are you accusing me of using?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Really?  So, exactly what #NeverTrump talking points are you accusing me of using??

That's all they got now, the same kind of hit n'run graphics they would spam you with at TOS to make a negligent non-point.

As if somehow that made their arguments more cogent.

It just demonstrates how empty and  vapid their support for their prince really is.

It's just like arguing with Leftists online.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mechanicos

It is exactly like arguing with leftists since one can go to far left sites and see where #neverTrump gets all its talking points from. Think that's not glaringly obvious?