Author Topic: Rush: The Old Rules Don't Apply to Trump  (Read 965 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: The Old Rules Don't Apply to Trump
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:24:09 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/06/24/the_old_rules_don_t_apply_to_trump

The Old Rules Don't Apply to Trump
June 24, 2016

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Coronado, California. Bob, I'm glad you called, sir. Great to have you here. Hi.

CALLER: Oh, thanks. Elections-have-consequences dittos, Rush. Here's my comment. You mentioned that following the Brexit vote, if anything bad happens financially or whatever, it will be attributed to be due to the Brexit vote. And I thought you were gonna say something somewhat different, but I think it's just taking it one step farther. If there is turmoil in the financial markets that's ongoing and there's perceived to be just bad outcomes, I think you'll see people start to say, "This is what we'll have with Donald Trump. Xenophobic, anti-Muslim, so forth." Perhaps in the way that Britain implemented theirs, they're gonna say, "See? We don't want this to happen with Trump." I was just curious to see what your thoughts are.

RUSH: Well, I think they're gonna blame as much as they can on Trump anyway. I think you're right. My point was not to exclude Trump. But I was speaking within the confines of this specific event, the Brexit vote. The opponents are gonna blame everything that happens on the vote, and they're gonna have the media with them for the most part. It's gonna be a great thing to watch, lesson-wise.

I've tried to make the point here that winning an election is not gonna change it. The ideas that accompany that victory, the ideas and the policies that are related to those ideas that are implemented after you win the election. And then it's not just one election; you have to keep winning elections. You have to keep defeating liberals, and it's the same thing here in the Brexit vote.

This is one vote, but they've got two years now, and a lot can happen in these two years. The elites can do a lot to gum up the works these next two years and then have it all blamed on the vote, all blamed on the attitude to separate from the European Union. Now, since immigration is central in this, there's no question that Democrats here are gonna try to blame similar things on Trump.

But Trump is a different ball of wax. I've been trying to say for I don't know how many months now that the traditional political playbook in destroying and attacking a political opponent is not gonna work on Trump, because Trump's connection with his supporters or his audience is far deeper and far greater than most voters' connection with a candidate that's very popular. Reagan had the connection.

But take some of the most popular presidents we've had in recent memory. Kennedy. JFK had the connection. LBJ didn't, even though he won a massive landslide. And I'm talking about with his... Clinton had it for a host of reason. Hillary doesn't. Hillary Clinton, no matter what... Do you know what she did yesterday? She was reading her response to Trump on the teleprompter, and the teleprompter had the word (sigh) in parentheses meaning she was supposed to sigh. She read the word! She read the word, not realizing it!

Obviously, she didn't even rehearse it. But she read the word. It was in parentheses, and it was meant to tell her, "Sigh after this line." She read the word. She does not have this connection. So these people that think that they can take something -- even Trump today, with what happened. Trump happened to be in Scotland on the very day, the morning after the Brexit vote. He's there to open his golf course in Turnberry, and, lo and behold, the first thing he talked about was not the Brexit vote.

He talked about his golf course and how damn good it is. He pointed to the lighthouse behind and said, "You know what? I've even built suites in the lighthouse. Nobody else has suites in lighthouses, but I have suites in the lighthouse." And the media says, "How in the world can you do this? You're here, you're in Great Britain, you're in the UK, and they just had the Brexit vote, and you're talking about your golf course?" Trump says, "Yeah, and you know what? The falling pound is even gonna help my business here."

And they said, "You can't do that! You can't, in the midst of calamity, talk about how it all benefits you!"

Trump says, "Why not? It will. It's not just gonna benefit me; it's gonna benefit other businesses here in the UK. It's gonna help tourism, it's gonna help exports," and then he got on to what it means. He supported the people taking their country back, exactly what he's talking about doing here. But they try to attach these standard political theories and playbook procedures to him and it just does not... (interruption) Well, yeah, the polling data was all wrong. The polling data had the "leave" people losing. This is another thing that's got 'em out of whack over there today.

I mean, all these institutions they think they control, the elites, they seem less and less solid, less and less dependable.

There's a lot of head scratching going on.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Why do I think the polls were wrong? People were relying on the pollsters. There was "the Brexit Effect." I think there's a Trump Effect, too. I think people are lying to the pollsters about Trump. There isn't any question about it.

END TRANSCRIPT
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:24:48 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Rush: The Old Rules Don't Apply to Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:31:13 pm »
Trump is going to lose states that any other Republican would win easily