Author Topic: Democratic Rep. Chaka Fattah resigns effective immediately  (Read 501 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic Rep. Chaka Fattah resigns effective immediately
« on: June 23, 2016, 07:47:50 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/fattah-resigns-effective-immediately-224731

Democratic Rep. Chaka Fattah resigns effective immediately

By John Bresnahan

06/23/16 01:09 PM EDT
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Convicted Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-Pa.) resigned effective immediately on Thursday, reversing his stated desire to remain in Congress until early October, when he is scheduled to be sentenced.

Members on both sides of the aisle had warned they would move to expel Fattah from the House if he didn't change his position. His decision spares them from having to remove him from office.

The Pennsylvania lawmaker, first elected in 1994, was convicted this week on an array of federal corruption charges, including bribery, racketeering, money laundering, bank fraud, mail and wire fraud, and filing false statements. Fattah engaged in a years-long criminal scheme that even included lobbying President Barack Obama for an appointment for one of his co-conspirators. Fattah was found guilty on all charges, as were four co-defendants.

Fattah’s son, Chaka Fattah Jr., is already in prison on bank and tax fraud charges. He is serving a five-year sentence

"Upon reflection, I hereby make official my resignation from the U.S. House of Representatives effective immediately," Fattah said in a letter to Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Thursday.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Democratic Rep. Chaka Fattah resigns effective immediately
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 08:23:50 pm »
Chaka Fattah?     :pondering:  Nice Jewish boys name.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:28:34 am »
Chaka Fattah?     :pondering:  Nice Jewish boys name.

Amish

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 03:47:57 am »
Thanks to gerrymandering, that's my Congressman.

Or was.   :beer:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 04:12:09 am »
Thanks to gerrymandering, that's my Congressman.

Or was.   :beer:
Hey this means there is a job opening, get your Resume together. You can use me as a reference.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.