Author Topic: Watch Trump Flat Out Lie About Why His Clothes Are Made In China And Mexico (VIDEO)  (Read 1063 times)

geronl

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/06/22/trump-flat-out-lie-about-why-his-clothes-are-made-in-china-and-mexico/?utm_content=buffer32f34&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

EXCERPT
Donald Trump must think people are really stupid. Plenty of people are but he thinks that about most people. Either that or he's just so comfortable with lying that he doesn't care. Or he subscribes to the George Costanza theory: "It's not a lie, if you believe it."

Trump has taken some heat as being a hypocrite for yelping about companies who have products made in China and Mexico, when he has products made in the same countries, such as his ties (China), 'Make America Great Again' hats (China) and suits (Mexico).

Ironically, he hasn't been confronted about it by the press until he sat down for an interview with ABC's David Muir who asked Trump about comments made Hillary Clinton regarding so many Trump products being made outside the United States.

VIDEO at LINK

Offline RedHead

None of the other campaigns seemed to have any problem finding U.S. manufacturers for hats, tee shirts, and what have you.

geronl

None of the other campaigns seemed to have any problem finding U.S. manufacturers for hats, tee shirts, and what have you.

Trump picked that company because someone he knows or something owned it.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
B..b..but, if stumpy had to buy his junk in the US, he'd make less profit!
Former Republican.

Offline RoosGirl

http://www.logosoftwear.com/product/26370/bayside-washed-chino-twill-cap

Made and custom embroidered in the USA.  $14.44 each for orders over 144 pieces.  I'm sure Trump could work a deal on that price to get it lower, since he's such a deal maker.  Hats on Trump website selling for $25 each, so even if he couldn't work a deal he'd still make $10/hat, which is what?  A 40% profit?

Edit: Oops, more like a 70% profit.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:32:52 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
B..b..b..but, if stumpy couldn't buy his junk overseas, his profit margin wouldn't be near to 100%
Former Republican.

geronl

Hats on Trump website selling for $25 each, so even if he couldn't work a deal he'd still make $10/hat, which is what?  A 40% profit?

$25 for a Gimme Cap... jeesh... suckers aplenty

Offline Suppressed

Right now, Trump supporters are going down their list of responses, trying to choose whether to say that

• the story is lying (despite the video clearly being unaltered Trump utterances)
  • he's not lying, you're misunderstanding! ("They won't realize it's a lie if we pretend it's not!")
  • etc.

culminating in...

• it doesn't matter.  He might lie to others, but oh, for SURE, he's telling the truth to US!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Henry Noel

Where does he go for his toupees?
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline RoosGirl

Here's the owner of the company he gets them from.  I'm not going to say they're foreign made, but well...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump doesn't lead by example.  Just like all liberals, we have to change the law to get him to do what is right.  In this case if the government raises the prices of foreign goods,through tariffs, above the cost of domestic goods, Trump will buy domestic goods.

Trump also thinks he should pay more taxes but only if the government raises his taxes...he will not stop using middle class tax cuts he shouldn't be claiming.

Trump could pay his employees more but won't until the minimum wage is raised.

Trump has no moral or ethical core.

How is he different from Hitlery?

geronl

He has a factory in China

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Right now, Trump supporters are going down their list of responses, trying to choose whether to say that

• the story is lying (despite the video clearly being unaltered Trump utterances)
  • he's not lying, you're misunderstanding! ("They won't realize it's a lie if we pretend it's not!")
  • etc.

culminating in...

• it doesn't matter.  He might lie to others, but oh, for SURE, he's telling the truth to US!

From the citizens for trump forum, the response they are settling on is: he is forced to do that because manufacturing is leaving the US, no one knows more about this than him which is why he is perfect to fix it....

Lol, I'm not kidding.

Offline WAC

Shouldn't be an issue to begin with as it's just another one of the many 'political shots' being fired from both sides.......the insanity of the american people who eat this stuff up rather than care to listen to the real issues we face.

I suppose next we'll hear what color of underwear Hillary wears, where she buys it and why it's not appropriate.

Offline Suppressed

From the citizens for trump forum, the response they are settling on is: he is forced to do that because manufacturing is leaving the US, no one knows more about this than him which is why he is perfect to fix it....

Lol, I'm not kidding.

My response would be, "You've got to be kidding!"

Except that with them, it's plausible...they're that nutty.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Shouldn't be an issue to begin with as it's just another one of the many 'political shots' being fired from both sides.......the insanity of the american people who eat this stuff up rather than care to listen to the real issues we face.

I suppose next we'll hear what color of underwear Hillary wears, where she buys it and why it's not appropriate.
We are not talking about the clothes Trump wears.  We are talking about the clothes Trump sells.  He sells foreign made good and imports them to the US.  Trump is one of the reasons manufacturing is declining in the USA, and Americans don't have jobs.

Offline Henry Noel

Lol, I'm not kidding.

By that logic, Hillary is the best candidate for dealing with national security!
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Suppressed

By that logic, Hillary is the best candidate for dealing with national security!

And information security.
+++++++++

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Oh Geeeeez....   I just had lunch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.