Author Topic: Rep. Chaka Fattah found guilty in corruption trial  (Read 291 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Rep. Chaka Fattah found guilty in corruption trial
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:24:43 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rep.-chaka-fattah-found-guilty-in-corruption-trial/article/2594475

U.S. Congressman Chaka Fattah on Tuesday was found guilty of all the federal corruption charges he faced.

Fattah, a Democrat who has represented West Philadelphia since 1995, was found guilty of all counts including bribery, racketeering, conspiracy, money laundering and bank fraud stemming from efforts to repay an illegal $1 million campaign loan.

Fattah will remain out on bail ahead of his October sentencing. The trial began May 16 and jurors began deliberations late Wednesday afternoon.

more at link

Offline Suppressed

Re: Rep. Chaka Fattah found guilty in corruption trial
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rep.-chaka-fattah-found-guilty-in-corruption-trial/article/2594475

U.S. Congressman Chaka Fattah on Tuesday was found guilty of all the federal corruption charges he faced.

Fattah, a Democrat who has represented West Philadelphia since 1995, was found guilty of all counts including bribery, racketeering, conspiracy, money laundering and bank fraud stemming from efforts to repay an illegal $1 million campaign loan.

Fattah will remain out on bail ahead of his October sentencing. The trial began May 16 and jurors began deliberations late Wednesday afternoon.

more at link

His son is also a convicted criminal, on theft and fraud charges.

He's a Hillary superdelegate.  I wonder whether this will have any effect, since the sentencing isn't until October and he's out on bail.

I guess his former-newscaster wife won't be getting her job back.  She had all kinds of conflicts of interest, but was finally put on leave (and eventually left/let go) after this creep was indicted. 

I hope he gets a good hard sentence.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn