Author Topic: 3 HEAVILY ARMED PEOPLE REPORTEDLY ARRESTED AT THE NEW JERSEY ENTRANCE TO THE HOLLAND TUNNEL INTO NEW YORK CITY  (Read 1245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/21/3-arrested-after-vehicle-search-turns-up-weapons-cache-ballistic-vests.html?intcmp=hpbt2

3 arrested after vehicle search turns up weapons cache, ballistic vests
Published June 21, 2016 FoxNews.com

Three people were arrested when police discovered a weapons cache and ballistic vests in a vehicle on the New Jersey side of the Holland Tunnel on Tuesday, officials told NBC4.

Authorities arrested two men in their 50s and a woman in her 30s after finding multiple loaded long-range weapons, handguns, ballistic vests and a camouflage helmet in the vehicle.

The trio, who may be from Pennsylvania, was initially stopped for a cracked windshield. A search of the vehicle turned up the weapons.

The Joint Terrorism Task Force is assisting the investigation, a source told NBC4.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/21/3-arrested-after-vehicle-search-turns-up-weapons-cache-ballistic-vests.html?intcmp=hpbt2

3 arrested after vehicle search turns up weapons cache, ballistic vests
Published June 21, 2016 FoxNews.com

Three people were arrested when police discovered a weapons cache and ballistic vests in a vehicle on the New Jersey side of the Holland Tunnel on Tuesday, officials told NBC4.

Authorities arrested two men in their 50s and a woman in her 30s after finding multiple loaded long-range weapons, handguns, ballistic vests and a camouflage helmet in the vehicle.

The trio, who may be from Pennsylvania, was initially stopped for a cracked windshield. A search of the vehicle turned up the weapons.

The Joint Terrorism Task Force is assisting the investigation, a source told NBC4.
When I go to Texas to visit my son, we usually go to a private range. I generally take 4 handguns, 4 rifles including a semi-automatic WASR and a couple of shotguns. I also take plenty of ammunition.

I can imagine the media reports if I'm ever stopped.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

geronl

When I go to Texas to visit my son, we usually go to a private range. I generally take 4 handguns, 4 rifles including a semi-automatic WASR and a couple of shotguns. I also take plenty of ammunition.

The cop should say: "Well, have a nice day at the range!"

Offline livius

I can imagine the media reports if I'm ever stopped.

You probably don't have the ballistic vests and the helmet, though...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Or the weapons already loaded
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Their truck:
http://nypost.com/2016/06/22/holland-tunnel-gun-nuts-claim-they-were-on-rescue-mission/

On a sort of rescue mission it sounds like, against those who sell heroin.

Their weapons do not appear loaded.  If that is a representation of what was discovered on them, they have either been unloaded or the author is mistaken on what constitutes a 'loaded' weapon.

Bullets in a clip do not make a gun loaded.  A magazine with bullets in it inserted in a gun is the definition of being loaded.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Their weapons do not appear loaded.  If that is a representation of what was discovered on them, they have either been unloaded or the author is mistaken on what constitutes a 'loaded' weapon.

Bullets in a clip do not make a gun loaded.  A magazine with bullets in it inserted in a gun is the definition of being loaded.

I doubt if the police made a mistake in arresting these folks with 2000 rounds of ammo and loaded guns. The author who is mistaken may be the above statement. That was just one photograph. Call the law enforcement officers mistaken to show your gun knowledge off, Tex.  Or accuse the author of misinterpreting the charges but not of ignorance which is what was done.

Better yet, I removed the picture, to spare such righteous sermonizing about guns! And how the rest of us must not understand anything. And I was born in Midland, so there's that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:22:53 am by TomSea »

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
You are correct. Last time though I did have my night vision binoculars as I wanted to show my son how neat they are. I have a night vision scope, but since we don't shoot at night I didn't bring it.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington