Author Topic: Another One Bites the Dust: Trump adviser resigns after tweet celebrating Corey Lewandowski’s firing  (Read 697 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR.COM

URL: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/06/20/trump-communications-adviser-resigns-after-tweet-celebrating-corey-lewandowskis-firing/

by: John Sexton

Trump adviser Michael Caputo sent the following tweet Monday after it was announced that campaign manager Corey Lewandowski had been fired:

Michael Caputo @MichaelRCaputo

Ding dong the witch is dead!
http://youtu.be/rHJoj9IqeKg
9:49 AM - 20 Jun 2016

That moment of celebration at Lewandowski’s expense didn’t go unnoticed. Within a few hours, Caputo himself was out of a job. CNN published a portion of the resignation letter he sent to the campaign:

“I regret sending out a tweet today alluding to the firing of Corey Lewandowski. In hindsight, that was too exuberant a reaction to this personnel move. I know this is a distraction from the kind of campaign you want to run, so I’m resigning my position as director of communications for caucus operations at the 2016 Republican National Convention. Let’s make this immediate,” Caputo wrote in a letter to campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Rick Gates, according to a copy obtained by CNN.

[…]Caputo later told CNN that “falling on the sword is what you do if you mess up.”

“Unforced errors have no place on a general election campaign for the White House,” he said.

You have to wonder just how unforced this error really was. Caputo is a communications professional which, these days, means he is supposed to know what someone on the campaign staff can and can not tweet to his 21,000 followers. I guess we’re supposed to believe he just got carried away in the moment. Maybe so but, again, isn’t that impulsive tweeting exactly the sort of thing a communications professional knows not to do?

This really could be a case of a doctor being the worst patient, i.e. Caputo would know to tell someone else not to do this but couldn’t restrain himself. On the other hand, there have to be a few Trump staffers who look out at the chaos that seems to surround the campaign and the polls showing Trump is deeply unpopular and think ‘I should get out now.’ But even if that were the case, you wouldn’t expect Caputo to say so. It’s just not the kind of thing a communications professional would say.

Offline Idiot

SOURCE: HOTAIR.COM

URL: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/06/20/trump-communications-adviser-resigns-after-tweet-celebrating-corey-lewandowskis-firing/

by: John Sexton

Trump adviser Michael Caputo sent the following tweet Monday after it was announced that campaign manager Corey Lewandowski had been fired:

That moment of celebration at Lewandowski’s expense didn’t go unnoticed. Within a few hours, Caputo himself was out of a job. CNN published a portion of the resignation letter he sent to the campaign:
You have to wonder just how unforced this error really was. Caputo is a communications professional which, these days, means he is supposed to know what someone on the campaign staff can and can not tweet to his 21,000 followers. I guess we’re supposed to believe he just got carried away in the moment. Maybe so but, again, isn’t that impulsive tweeting exactly the sort of thing a communications professional knows not to do?

This really could be a case of a doctor being the worst patient, i.e. Caputo would know to tell someone else not to do this but couldn’t restrain himself. On the other hand, there have to be a few Trump staffers who look out at the chaos that seems to surround the campaign and the polls showing Trump is deeply unpopular and think ‘I should get out now.’ But even if that were the case, you wouldn’t expect Caputo to say so. It’s just not the kind of thing a communications professional would say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I can only imagine the chaos in the Trump campaign. If you can't run a campaign, you sure can't run the country.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I can only imagine the chaos in the Trump campaign. If you can't run a campaign, you sure can't run the country.

Would YOU have kept someone on your payroll after that tweet? @austingirl

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The point is that a communications director should have known better but tweeted anyway. This is indicative of chaos within the organization. Also, relying on his children for advice is very odd since they have no political expertise. The whole shooting match is in shambles with the undisciplined candidate off-message.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline elhombrelibre

Trump is the guy who said he'd hire the best, stay loyal to them, and now he drops Lewandowski when his kids tell him what to do, and fires another for laughing at the lout, Lewandowski.  I guess Trump is as loyal to them as he was to the Clintons and the Democrats, as loyal to them as he was to the Independent Party, and as loyal as he is to the Republican Party.  It's like his pledge when said he'd fund his own campaign, but then changed his mind when that ploy for votes was of no value to win the primary.  He hedges, flip flops, and never knows what he means or means what he says.  Loyalty to Trump is only loyalty to Trump, not to the truth.