Author Topic: The Moons Surface in True Color and High Resolution.....via China's Yutu Rover  (Read 2347 times)

Offline WAC

geronl

The horizon stretches on and.... nope it's gone.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I guess "gray" is a color...
Let it burn.

geronl

I see rocks and dirt and they look just exactly like rocks and dirt! awesome!  :tongue2:

Offline uglybiker

I guess "gray" is a color...
This is the true Party grey color! Not the fake grey color those evil capitalist dogs have been showing us all these years!
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Is that picture taken with moonlight? Natural lighting or flash?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

@WAC

Sure is a lot of weathering on that big hunk of rock... Wonder how that happened?

Offline Suppressed

Even black rocks can appear gray to white in the stark light.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
It's still lovely.

Anyone here waiting for the Juno probe? I can't wait for that!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline WAC

I'm in awe that nations have these robots wandering about on Planets out in space.

Here's another interesting photo of Sand Dune 'on Mars'.......just stunning that we get these photos sent back here!

Offline WAC

Is that picture taken with moonlight? Natural lighting or flash?

I really don't know.....I would expect it's from the Moons own lighting. I'm clueless about most things about space exploration aside form the fact that we do such a thing and the photos they send back from the Rovers. It's just soooooo astonishing we're out there exploring!!! Fascinating!......

Just comparing our planet to the size of the sun is an eyeopener.............

It would take One million plus Earths and then some to be the size of the sun....

Here's a visual representation of how many Earths could fit inside the sun.

Oceander

Gorgeous.

Offline WAC

I see rocks and dirt and they look just exactly like rocks and dirt! awesome!  :tongue2:

LOL...I thought it looked like a bolder in  river bed after flooding.....

I've never taken the tie to investigate why, (with the light of the moon and sun on our planet)....don't these two great spheres brighten the entire space as powerful as they are.....the darkness of space is astounding just as much as the planets and moons etc.
out there.

The First Untethered Free Flight In Space -' Bruce McCandless' 1984........can you even imagine what he was thinking hanging out there like that!!!! .....and then consider where we are today!....Just astounding!

Offline Suppressed

I'm in awe that nations have these robots wandering about on Planets out in space.

Yes, there's a planet in our solar system populated entirely by robots.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline uglybiker

Here's another interesting photo of Sand Dune 'on Mars'.......just stunning that we get these photos sent back here!

I just hope I live long enough to see someone taking selfies from that spot.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

geronl

ve never taken the tie to investigate why, (with the light of the moon and sun on our planet)....don't these two great spheres brighten the entire space as powerful as they are.....the darkness of space is astounding just as much as the planets and moons etc.
out there.

The sun and earth are very bright and the moon is too, making it impossible for the camera to see the stars apparently. They could probably get them with a longer exposure or something, I'm guessing since I know nothing of photography

geronl

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Yes, there's a planet in our solar system populated entirely by robots.

Don't anyone tell Greg Gutfeld, or he will freak right out.  10294
Let it burn.

Offline WAC

Is that for real!!  :thud:

Yes it was taken from the robots they have running around up there.......they have given them names.."Curiosity"....etc. last I knew they had four running around that planet.....

Now this photo shows a dust devil on mars, look you can see the robots tracks and on the right part of the robot itself....fascinating isn't it!

geronl

Now this photo shows a dust devil on mars, look you can see the robots tracks and on the right part of the robot itself....fascinating isn't it!

I have heard that big dust devils on Mars can be electrical and could zap any astronauts suit, causing damage.

Offline WAC

Is that for real!!  :thud:

This guys been drilling holes 16 feet into Mars crust to take temperature readings and other such things Nasa wants to know.

The Curiosity rover is fueled by radioactive elements because others were affected by these dust storms.

Here's one of the holes the rover dug....Imagine on ars no less! Just amazing!

Oceander

I have heard that big dust devils on Mars can be electrical and could zap any astronauts suit, causing damage.

It's all the static charge that builds up in the dust.

Offline WAC

Didn't know that....there's a lot of Methane gas on mars as well...Not called the angry planet for nothing!.....I understand there are some differences on if or not we should be paying more attention to the Moon than Mars,  in order to make that an emergency station as they explore space. But then there again politics does come into the fray.....

This is hilarious...Curiosity doing a selfie! ..From Mars!!!....LOLOLOL

Offline WAC

It's all the static charge that builds up in the dust.

Do you know about this stuff?  I sure don't but I' absolutely fascinated with the discoveries and how Nasa just keeps pushing the envelope.....amazing really!

Here's Curiosity digging one of those exploration holes....imagine though, that we are looking at the surface of Mars! Stunning!

Oceander

Do you know about this stuff?  I sure don't but I' absolutely fascinated with the discoveries and how Nasa just keeps pushing the envelope.....amazing really!

Here's Curiosity digging one of those exploration holes....imagine though, that we are looking at the surface of Mars! Stunning!

I know a little bit from what I pick up here and there.  It really is interesting stuff.