Author Topic: Byron York: A rational reading of Trump's Muslim proposals  (Read 167 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York: A rational reading of Trump's Muslim proposals
« on: June 18, 2016, 03:58:42 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-a-rational-reading-of-trumps-muslim-proposals/article/2594247

Byron York: A rational reading of Trump's Muslim proposals
By Byron York (@ByronYork) • 6/17/16 4:34 PM

Noise and controversy aside, Donald Trump is making two arguments about immigration. The first is that the U.S. admits too many immigrants. The second is that, given nearly two decades of Islamic terrorism, the government should take special measures to keep out Muslim immigrants who might threaten safety and security.

Trump made both points at his recent rally in Greensboro, N.C. Here's how he made the first: "We've admitted four times more immigrants than any other country in the world. We can't do this. We can't do this. Not surprisingly, real wages haven't increased for 18 years. And then they wonder why I have packed houses."

Critics quibble with Trump's "four times" point, arguing that more sophisticated ways of counting would yield a different result. But Trump's point stands: the U.S. has admitted more immigrants than any other country, and by any reckoning admits a lot of immigrants.

Here's how Trump made the second point: "Just so you understand — I have many Muslim friends. These are amazing people. They're great people. The problem we have is, whether it's 7 percent or 9 percent or 11 percent or 1 percent — we're having a tremendous problem in our country. We don't know — there doesn't seem to be assimilation — we don't know what's going on."

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Byron York: A rational reading of Trump's Muslim proposals
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 04:22:36 pm »
I think DT makes some good points on immigration.