Author Topic: Horowitz: The ‘Never Trump’ Murder-Suicide Pact  (Read 1453 times)

HAPPY2BME

Horowitz: The ‘Never Trump’ Murder-Suicide Pact
« on: June 17, 2016, 02:46:44 am »
by David Horowitz16 Jun 2016

Barack Obama delivers nuclear weapons and $150 billion to America’s mortal enemy in the Middle East – and every Democrat to a man and woman defends his betrayal; Hillary Clinton violates the Espionage Act and delivers classified secrets, including information on an impending drone attack, to America’s enemies – and every Democrat to a man and woman defends her. Obama and Clinton lie about matters of war and peace – and every progressive publicly swears they are telling the truth.

But when Donald Trump insinuates the president is a man of uncertain loyalties, Republican leaders back away from him. When Trump proposes fighting “radical Islam,” securing America’s borders, stopping unvetted immigration from Muslim terrorist states, surveilling mosques, and scrutinizing the families of terrorist actors, Republicans join Democrats in denouncing him, or take an uncomfortable distance or maintain a silence that leaves him to fend for himself.

The left is blaming Christians, Republicans, and guns for the Orlando slaughter. The president and Hillary are claiming that ISIS is on the run – a lie flatly contradicted by the CIA director himself. They want to disarm Americans. If Hillary is elected, borders will stay open, and protecting Muslims will take priority over fighting Islam’s holy war against us.

In other words, Democrat betrayers of America are on the attack, while Republican leaders who claim to be patriots are on the run. Where, to take one example, is Ted Cruz? He claims to be a patriot and care about the Constitution, but he is AWOL — sulking like Achilles in his tent over personal slights he can’t get past to fight for his country’s survival. The Republican leader of the Senate and his second-in-command have both announced they will not participate in the presidential election, while the leader of the House makes clear his extreme embarrassment over Trump’s proposals to establish immigration policies appropriate to a nation under siege. This is the sad state of the Republican forces in retreat in an election campaign that will decide the fate of our country.

There are actually two wars we are engaged in– one with the Islamic caliphate and the other with an American left that refuses to recognize the enemy we face or the magnitude and nature of the threat. In this internal war, too many on the right have taken a course whose only practical effect can be seen as a betrayal of their cause. Erick Erickson has summed up the view of the Republican renegades in this succinct phrase: “We are in the midst of a murder-suicide pact that will be our ruination.”

This is, in fact, a precise description of what the #NeverTrump right is up to. But in Erickson’s inversion of reality, it is “the Republican Party [that] intends to murder the nation and commit suicide along the way.” What Erickson and his fellow saboteurs, led by Mitt Romney and Bill Kristol, want is for the Republican Party to block Trump and repudiate the record number of Republican primary voters who nominated him. This would actually be a Republican suicide in November – one that would indeed “murder the nation.”

Although the defection of the Republican leadership from the field of battle is still ongoing, there has been a break in the ranks of the #NeverTrump spoilers. Two of their leading intellectual figures, Hugh Hewitt and Andy McCarthy, have finally come to realize not just the futility of their efforts but their destructiveness as well. For the sake of the nation, let’s hope that there are a lot more such reversals on the way.

Meanwhile, the really big problem remains that of the Republican leadership, which thinks that “We’re stuck with Trump but we won’t dump him!” is an appropriate battle cry. As we all know, the Democrats are vicious, unprincipled attack dogs with a kept and unprincipled media in their camp. Passivity in the face of this blitzkrieg is, in practice, no different than a white-flag surrender. Paul Ryan summed up Republican fatuity in his answers to media questions in the wake of Orlando about whether he’s still supporting Trump. Ryan’s answer: he would be defending Republican principles in this election. Well, Paul, principles aren’t running in this election. Candidates are. And unless Republicans rally around Trump, and Trump beats Hillary, Republican principles are going down with him.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/16/never-trump-murder-suicide-pact/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:47:29 am by HAPPY2BME »

Offline sinkspur

Re: Horowitz: The ‘Never Trump’ Murder-Suicide Pact
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:59:43 am »
One of the reasons I hope Trump loses or is dumped is to teach zealots like Horowitz a lesson so that he and the Trumpkins never try this crap again.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 03:17:50 am »
This is, in fact, a precise description of what the #NeverTrump right is up to. But in Erickson’s inversion of reality, it is “the Republican Party [that] intends to murder the nation and commit suicide along the way.” What Erickson and his fellow saboteurs, led by Mitt Romney and Bill Kristol, want is for the Republican Party to block Trump and repudiate the record number of Republican primary voters who nominated him. This would actually be a Republican suicide in November – one that would indeed “murder the nation.”

The old "I'm rubber, you're glue," rebuttal.  Amazing.  How does Horowitz think up this stuff? :whistle:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:08:05 pm »
One of the reasons I hope Trump loses or is dumped is to teach zealots like Horowitz a lesson so that he and the Trumpkins never try this crap again.

What crap?  Supporting a candidate who stands for stopping unvetted immigration from terrorist states, securing our borders and stopping an invasion, rebuilding our military, smart trade deals, eliminating Obamacare and CommonCore; nominating a candidate who won more votes than any primary candidate ever?

Exactly what lesson are you hoping to teach?

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 12:12:59 pm »
What crap?  Supporting a candidate who stands for stopping unvetted immigration from terrorist states, securing our borders and stopping an invasion, rebuilding our military, smart trade deals, eliminating Obamacare and CommonCore; nominating a candidate who won more votes than any primary candidate ever?

Donald Trump doesn't stand for any of that, he just lies to you and says he does.  What he says when he's not trying to sucker desperate so-called conservatives is much more illuminating, still more are the positions he's taken in the past; those all point firmly in the direction of an amnesty-prone liberal who will work for, not against, nationalized single payer health care. 

I'm still in awe at how easily Trump's lies are swallowed. 

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 12:14:52 pm »
Donald Trump doesn't stand for any of that, he just lies to you and says he does.  What he says when he's not trying to sucker desperate so-called conservatives is much more illuminating, still more are the positions he's taken in the past; those all point firmly in the direction of an amnesty-prone liberal who will work for, not against, nationalized single payer health care. 

If you're going to jump in, why not at  least answer my question?

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 12:17:56 pm »

If you're going to jump in, why not at  least answer my question?

You didn't ask me a question.  Let me ask you one:  why do you believe the lies of an admitted con-man, lies that are belied by his own past?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 12:38:36 pm »

That's how I feel.   I'm becoming more radicalized by the day as Trump's bullies insist that I bend over and accept their fascist vision of America.    Horowitz - ESPECIALLY Horowitz - should be ashamed of himself trying to rationalize support for this unhinged and dangerous man. 

If we can survive eight years of Obama, we can survive four years of Clinton.  The left sucks.  But it's not the existential danger that Trump represents. Trumpism is a cancer that must be excised by us, because it's our cancer.  It is a blight that stains all conservatives,  and it is up to us to make sure it is stamped out.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 12:41:08 pm »
That's how I feel.   I'm becoming more radicalized by the day as Trump's bullies insist that I bend over and accept their fascist vision of America.    Horowitz - ESPECIALLY Horowitz - should be ashamed of himself trying to rationalize support for this unhinged and dangerous man. 

If we can survive eight years of Obama, we can survive four years of Clinton.  The left sucks.  But it's not the existential danger that Trump represents. Trumpism is a cancer that must be excised by us, because it's our cancer.  It is a blight that stains all conservatives,  and it is up to us to make sure it is stamped out.

Funny, the Trumpsters didn't like same crap that Clinton was spewing or the lack of substance from Obama, but like it under Trump. Can't have it both ways.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 12:42:39 pm »

None of that matters.   This is 1933 redux, and I know what I must do.   I will not be a good German.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 12:43:21 pm »

Do you have any trial experience? I ask because Trumps kenetics do not indicate hes lying nor does his past history with people who have known him for years. Yeah hes got a tude. Yes he talks like a New Yorker - Brash in your face not caring what you think etc. But 99 percent of #neverTrump myth on him is taking the exceptions to the rule, out of context or just making things up. 1 percent chapter 11 reorgs is NOT bad Business, 577 Million income in one year is NOT broke, etc.

Bottom line, #neverTrump has created a fictional boogieman to hate not because hes the devil incarnate but because he beat up your guy and caused him to lose.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 12:49:40 pm »

That nominating an insulting, racist, misogynistic, bigoted demagogue will result in disaster at the ballot box.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 12:49:48 pm »

None of that matters.   This is 1933 redux, and I know what I must do.   I will not be a good German.   

I agree and nor I would be a good Italian..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 12:53:11 pm »

Why do you make us repeat ourselves?

Trump is a charlatan who will do none of that.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 12:55:37 pm »

That nominating an insulting, racist, misogynistic, bigoted demagogue will result in disaster at the ballot box.
Care to explain why that meme with those terms in it is straight out of the DNC opposition research/talking points on Trump?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 12:59:28 pm »
I hate to tell Mr. Horowitz this, but if, as expected, Clinton wins, it will simply be a symptom of a party that has already essentially died. We threw everything we had at Obama in 2012 and still lost. If there were no term limits, Obama could probably still win a third term easily.

What we have going on here is a party dividing into two, possibly three, incompatible factions, united only by their mutual dislike of a Democratic machine that now dwarfs them all combined. Even in the 2014 landslide, the party was bitterly divided (see: Brat vs. Cantor, McConnell vs. Bevin, McDaniel vs. Cochran, Graham vs. a third of the state of South Carolina).

This division was not Trump's doing. It was not the doing of those of us who oppose him. It was always there, and the faction that went too far by forcing Trump upon this unsteady alliance merely exposed rifts that were already there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 01:00:35 pm »
Care to explain why that meme with those terms in it is straight out of the DNC opposition research/talking points on Trump?
Because even a Democrat can see who he is. The same Democrats who are endorsing a woman who attends weddings and parties with Trump.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 01:14:13 pm »

I hear what you are saying, but I'm not so sure that we will survive four years of Clinton. To think that she will somehow be restrained by a majority in the House and Senate is very wishful thinking as I don't see that we will retain our majority in either House.  The 2nd amendment, the Supreme Court and illegal immigration will have an extreme negative impact on this country and the electorate will be overwhelmingly liberal.  IF she becomes POTUS and we manage to hold on to our majority in both Houses we may have a slight glimmer of hope, I just don't see that's going to be the case.

I'm still hoping for a miracle at the Convention and we'll have someone other than Trump. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 04:23:26 pm »

If we recognize Trump for what he is then why is it so surprising that the Democrats do as well?

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 04:26:19 pm »

Even a stopped clock gets the time right twice a day.  Care to explain that?

HonestJohn

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 05:27:24 pm »

Same.

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 08:46:19 pm »

So am I.  Good Lord, how anyone could fail to peg that professional BSer the first time they heard him speak is beyond me. 

One of his former Trump university marks said that Trump could sell people anything.  Apparently so...

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 10:50:53 pm »

This is so deep into the liberal playbook that words fail me.   **nononono*

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:51:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 11:03:45 pm »
This is so deep into the liberal playbook that words fail me.   **nononono*

Cuz they're true.  Your boy is a blatherskite.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 01:15:03 am »
Fine piece by David Horowitz, who probably knows more about the left than any other "conservative" out there (being a red-diaper baby of two card-carrying communists himself).

A leftist in his early days, he knows where the commie bones are buried.
His conversion to conservatism won him an award presented by no less than President Reagan himself.

His autobiography, "Radical Son", is very interesting reading.