Author Topic: Trump Is a Man On An Island -- And LOSING  (Read 12080 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Trump Is a Man On An Island -- And LOSING
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 03:33:36 am »
IMO, that's not only wrong-headed, but straight out crazy dangerous.

Unfortunately (for me), with that outlook and what's at stake,  I can't continue any discussions with you.  And that's a shame.

That is your choice.  There are many other things to be discussed, there are many other races where we will need a conservative now more than ever, so it is a shame.  I reread what I wrote, and just to make clear, I am not voting for Clinton either, that "I know what Clinton is about" was my agreement that the things you describe her doing will most likely be what happens.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 03:37:54 am »
IMO, that's not only wrong-headed, but straight out crazy dangerous.

Unfortunately (for me), with that outlook and what's at stake,  I can't continue any discussions with you.  And that's a shame.

I'll ask you, I've asked many times and no Trump supporter here has been able to give me an answer.  What Trump done in the last 5 years to consistently champion a conservative and/or republican cause?  This is the info I need, to believe even a little bit that he isn't all talk.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:51:21 am by RoosGirl »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2016, 03:41:03 am »
I don't give a damn!

You are personally in danger if Hillary wins.  And so are your children.

I don't want to hear another thing from you...if you can't at the very least admit that.

FORGET TRUMP!  You should fall on your knees and give thanks!    :laugh:

DC, it doesn't matter if Trump wins or Hillary wins, we will be in danger. In my opinion and you can take it or leave it, Clinton and Trump are in this together; to derail the GOP, to stop the conservative movement, and to ultimately strip us of our 2nd amendment rights. Then they have complete dominance over the masses. Trump caved on the 2nd amendment.  Without the 2nd amendment we will have no rights as we will have no way to defend the other rights afforded to us under the Constitution.  That's it in a nutshell.  Nothing Trump has said or done now indicates otherwise.

Our only hope is if he is not given the nomination at the Convention.  That's it. We need someone other than Trump or Hillary as president; otherwise we can kiss each other good-bye. Everything we've worked and fought for will be for naught.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2016, 03:45:59 am »

DC, it doesn't matter if Trump wins or Hillary wins, we will be in danger. In my opinion and you can take it or leave it, Clinton and Trump are in this together; to derail the GOP, to stop the conservative movement, and to ultimately strip us of our 2nd amendment rights. Then they have complete dominance over the masses. Trump caved on the 2nd amendment.  Without the 2nd amendment we will have no rights as we will have no way to defend the other rights afforded to us under the Constitution.  That's it in a nutshell.  Nothing Trump has said or done now indicates otherwise.

Our only hope is if he is not given the nomination at the Convention.  That's it. We need someone other than Trump or Hillary as president; otherwise we can kiss each other good-bye. Everything we've worked and fought for will be for naught.

Not as long as Ted Cruz is alive.   He will prove to be the GOP's "Lion of the Senate".

That is, unless Trump selects him as his running mate.   (even Teddy has a price) 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2016, 04:00:28 am »
???

Not in the mood tonight, @Sanguine !    **nononono*

DC, I suggest that if you're not in the mood, then you don't post stuff you can't back up. 

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2016, 04:07:12 am »
Not as long as Ted Cruz is alive.   He will prove to be the GOP's "Lion of the Senate".

That is, unless Trump selects him as his running mate.   (even Teddy has a price)

I don't think Sen. Cruz would ever run as stumpy's co-conspirator.  I'm not even sure he'll endorse the lying jackass.

As for "Lion of the Senate," I'm pretty sure that stumpy would continue mau-mauing Sen. Cruz, and with enough success as to render Sen. Cruz' opposition to stumpy's continued criminal enterprises a nullity.
Former Republican.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2016, 04:07:14 am »

That may be true, but the currency wouldn't be something that Trump would be able to pay in.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2016, 04:10:39 am »

More likely, Scam Wow has a price.

But I would be really surprised at that. trump is going down..... why hitch a Star to a losing cause?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2016, 04:22:17 am »
DC, I suggest that if you're not in the mood, then you don't post stuff you can't back up.

Okay....if you insist.

Why would you get that I inferred that Levin said that?   I thought you were just looking for a reason to ...whatever.  Because everybody knows where Mark Levin's allegiance lies.

I always use punctuation and quote boxes properly.   I was simply telling everybody what I got from listening.

Got it?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:29:02 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2016, 04:23:48 am »

Trump has dug his hole too deep.  Cruz isn't going to jeopardize his career on a ship that's already sunk. If he truly thought they could win he may consider it, but otherwise he would be absolutely foolish.  He'd be known as the guy who sided with Trump and lost to Hillary.  Much like Palin sunk her career when she teamed up with McCain. The only difference is McCain had more of a chance against Obama than Trump has against Hillary; even McInsane seems rational in comparison.  There isn't anybody that I can think of who would make a worse presidential candidate against Hillary than Donald Trump.  No one...not even Jeb Bush.  Believe me, its taking me a very long time and a whole lot of thought to be able to say that.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2016, 04:26:04 am »
I don't think Sen. Cruz would ever run as stumpy's co-conspirator.  I'm not even sure he'll endorse the lying jackass.

As for "Lion of the Senate," I'm pretty sure that stumpy would continue mau-mauing Sen. Cruz, and with enough success as to render Sen. Cruz' opposition to stumpy's continued criminal enterprises a nullity.

**nononono*     

Clean up on aisle #56 please?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2016, 04:27:19 am »

Trump has dug his hole too deep.  Cruz isn't going to jeopardize his career on a ship that's already sunk. If he truly thought they could win he may consider it, but otherwise he would be absolutely foolish.  He'd be known as the guy who sided with Trump and lost to Hillary.  Much like Palin sunk her career when she teamed up with McCain. The only difference is McCain had more of a chance against Obama than Trump has against Hillary; even McInsane seems rational in comparison.  There isn't anybody that I can think of who would make a worse presidential candidate against Hillary than Donald Trump.  No one...not even Jeb Bush.  Believe me, its taking me a very long time and a whole lot of thought to be able to say that.

Get a grip.

Trump is winning this thing.  Cruz will accept....and then you're all going to blow your brains out.     :laugh:

edit to add:   Figuratively speaking, Sanguine.   :whistle:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:28:11 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2016, 04:30:42 am »
Get a grip.

Trump is winning this thing.  Cruz will accept....and then you're all going to blow your brains out.     :laugh:

Naw, don't worry about us, DC.  We will keep trying to do the right thing in spite of whomever is occupying the White House. 

Offline kartographer

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2016, 05:04:24 am »
Get a grip.

If Cruz does accept it will only go to prove that Trump supporters were right about Cruz, which would make them joylessly happy while doing nothing to bring more support for Trump.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

geronl

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2016, 05:46:59 am »
I don't are how far to the wrong the country moves, I'm not budging.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2016, 06:00:24 am »
If Cruz does accept it will only go to prove that Trump supporters were right about Cruz, which would make them joylessly happy while doing nothing to bring more support for Trump.

Hmmm... :pondering:  ....I was thinking more along the lines that it would give the #nevertrumps something to justify voting for the ticket.

Cruz would be "only a heartbeat away...", too.   Cruz supporters should grab on tight to that one.    :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:00:50 am by DCPatriot »

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2016, 06:46:24 am »
Given the 'landscape', the GOP convention in Cleveland will be globally covered by the media.

It's my hope that this acceptance speech will mark a beginning of a 'presidential' persona.  I hope, with all my heart.

I appreciate your honesty.

And honestly, I hope for the same.   I'd love for Trump to win AND be a successful conservative President.   He could be "UUgggg".

However, it's like that distressed property I just bought.   I "HOPE" that it's unattached with liens or other encumberments.  I HOPE that everyone in the deal was honest and forthright.

However, since I am a Christian, and respect the fact that everyone has a sinful nature, I use Reagan's "Trust but verify" meme, and hired a title company, just in case.

Who is the GOP's underwriter, should Trump return to his "normal campaign" form?   Who is the GOP's "Title company", should Trump revert back to his core progressive instincts (let alone, the possibility that every "conservative" word of his might have been a lie).?

In fact, casting my lot with Trump would be as if I already KNEW that the owner of this property was Bernie Maddoff.    In that case, I'd be hoping against hope for a safe landing while jumping off the Empire State Building.   

Ummm...not much to recommend there.  Good luck with that, though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:50:13 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2016, 07:09:09 am »
Another strawman, @txradioguy   It's not a case of "never waste a crisis" for me.  I deal with REALITY.  Like Rush, I'm the Mayor of Realville.

I was merely stating a fact.  The country has moved LEFT.
   And if you don't know that...maybe you should broaden your sources where you get your news of the day.

That's an articulate argument, DC, and I respect it.  If the country's moved to the left, and there's certainly evidence of that, then a left-leaning GOP candidate like Trump might reap votes from the HARD LEFT Hitlery, undercut her base, and win in Novermber.  There is a "but" coming, of course.

Trump has cut the GOP electorate in two.  Those principled conservatives who would not put Romney or McCain "over the top", will certainly, not vote for Trump.  Those conservatives, like me, who have for decades held their nose and voted for whoever the GOP-e slammed down in my face, won't vote for Trump either, because Trump makes McCain and Romney look like bedrock conservatives, and HONORABLE conservatives, by comparison.  The GOP-e is irrelevant; they've always held political power 5x larger than their base support.  The GOP candidate could alienate most of the GOP-e (as Reagan did), and will win with solid conservative turn-out.  Trump will have neither block of voters.

Of course, Trump will lose all the typical demographics that any other GOP nominee would lose, which is really no big deal and expected, except that he's deliberately forfeited, even scorned his base.  He needs "replacement numbers" from somewhere else, and he won't get them.

Here's the real killer, though.  Millennials like my kids have no reason to vote for anybody, and will not.  When Reagan won, he got the youth vote too, because I was part of that youth.  (Reagan personally signed my Navy commissioning certificate.)  Trump's not going to get that.

In fact, the ONLY hope Trump has for eking out a win in November is if Hillary implodes and the Democrats abandon her.   Unfortunately, Democrats do not eat their own.  That's a GOP-e trait, now expanded to some element of conservatives who supported Trump.  The Democrat's base will show up in historic numbers.  Any softening of Democrat support for the butcher of Benghazi will be rallied to her by Trump's bombastic, "true-to-MSM-meme-of-what-conservative's-are", narrative.

Trump loses by a historic margin, AND turns the Senate and very possibly the House, over to the Democrats as well.   Hillary declares a mandate for her Administration, and no one will have credibility to contest that, in view of the election returns. 

Trump and his supporters alone, will bear responsibility for allowing Hillary to be all that she can be, for the next four years.  Were it not for my Christian faith, and hope in Gods' promises for my and my family's future, I would be absolutely despondent at the end of this Republic, this Beacon on the Hill for freedom.  However, my vote was small, and Trump's momentum was huge, the GOP-e was feckless as usual, and Cruz did all he could. 

So be it.  It's every man for himself come January, 2017.  That cake is baked.

The only other possibility for hope is a delegate revolt at the GOP convention, rejecting Trump and selecting a unifying candidate.  However, Jesus Christ is not available for the job as CINC, USA, and the country would probably crucify Him anyway.   No such candidate exists that could unify the GOP.  Trump has succeeded in demolishing the GOP-e, along with the entire rest of the party of Lincoln.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:32:38 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2016, 07:27:51 am »
Hmmm... :pondering:  ....I was thinking more along the lines that it would give the #nevertrumps something to justify voting for the ticket.

What on earth would make you think that?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2016, 09:17:05 am »

Cruz would be "only a heartbeat away...", too.   Cruz supporters should grab on tight to that one.    :laugh:

Thats the thing about being beholden to principle. It doesn't matter who or what the excuse is. If it keeps the problem intact, it's a no go.

Anyone attaching themselves to Trump does not boost trump regardless of who or how 'conservative they may have once been. It diminishes the person foolish enough to so attach themselves.

Sorry DC. That's the reality. If it upsets you then change your view to comport to reality. Or be upset. Either way is fine with those of us that are standing on principle "No matter what". (Funny how that phrase works both ways).

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2016, 09:27:34 am »
There is a chance we could be saying "President Trump" this time next year.

But if I supported him, I would recognize he's in trouble and not dismiss bad polls or tell myself the country really loves him. If I supported him, I would heed the bad news and hope he would turn this around ASAP. Currently, his supporters do not. They live on an island with him

The last major political call I got wrong was that Palin actually would run in 12. I learned my lesson about a couple things, one of which was that when you have a bunch of polls going against your belief, your belief is probably going to end up wrong.

Not because they are making the correct call, but that they are creating a perception, right or wrong, that people WILL take as truth regardless. Most people fear vote. In the case of trump, I think they are right, but thats because evidence on the ground combined with his history give the majority of Americans, regardless of their politics, a lot of legitimate reasons to not want this guy anywhere near a position of power.

Offline kartographer

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2016, 09:59:55 am »

That is what makes Cruz supports different from Trump supporters. Cruz supporters support principles over the man and Trump supporters the man over principles. If Cruz truly turns his back on the principles he espouses then he losses his supporters. If Trump changes his then his supporters either change theirs or despite Trumps clear words twist them into something that they believe in or believe he meant to say.

Lonesome Rhodes: Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They don't know it yet, but they're all gonna be 'Fighters for Fuller'. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do. Only they're even more stupid than I am, so I gotta think for 'em.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2016, 10:33:48 am »
If the economy tanks between now and November, it's President Trump. Otherwise it's President Hillary.

Thing is that even if the economy doesn't tank in the few months, it will tank in the next 4 years. So maybe losing this election is a positive... in a way?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:36:34 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2016, 11:10:15 am »
That's right...how could I forget?   In 1978, the 30 year fixed was I believe, 12%

I was working for a real estate attorney in Florida as a legal assistant.  Incidentally, many of clients were real estate developers.  We also represented all of the major banks in the state.  We were closing at 17% and 19% every working day of the week.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2016, 11:23:38 am »
If the economy tanks between now and November, it's President Trump. Otherwise it's President Hillary.

Thing is that even if the economy doesn't tank in the few months, it will tank in the next 4 years. So maybe losing this election is a positive... in a way?

The economy really is the least of our worries and losing this election will not be a positive.  We will lose our 2nd amendment rights, amnesty will be granted, the Supreme Court will be tilted liberal, we will lose the majority in both Houses, and we won't see another election.  Muslim refugees will have a stranglehold on us just like in Europe.  All the while Trump or Clinton will continue to line their pockets.