Author Topic: Ayotte: Why Did the FBI Stop Probe of Orlando Shooter?  (Read 942 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ayotte: Why Did the FBI Stop Probe of Orlando Shooter?
« on: June 15, 2016, 11:26:54 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=734043

Newsmax
Ayotte: Why Did the FBI Stop Probe of Orlando Shooter?
Wednesday, June 15, 2016 01:57 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

More information needs to be made available about why the FBI closed its investigations into Orlando shooter's background and connections with terrorism, and to make sure that the intelligence is made available to prevent similar attacks in the future, Sen. Kelly Ayotte said Wednesday.

"We're going to be meeting with the FBI Director [James Comey] today and I look forward to hearing what confusion was there and what was missed," the New Hampshire Republican, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told Fox News' "America's Newsroom" program.

Further, she commented that when the FBI has a person like Omar Mateen, who killed 49 people at Orlando's Pulse nightclub Sunday morning before police officers killed him, "we need to understand why they had him on the terror watch list, and they took him off. Why did that happen?"

Had the shooter remained on the list after investigations in 2013 and 2015, the FBI would have been notified when he bought his firearms, the senator said.

Also, Ayotte called for going after ISIS more aggressively in the Middle East, while not allowing the extremists to promote the successes of acts like the Orlando shootings online on social media.

The New Hampshire lawmaker also commented that the FBI will be asked if it needs more resources, or if it is stretched too thin to adequately handle ongoing investigations.

She also said that she wants to get to the bottom of concerns that the Department of Justice may be "handcuffing the FBI based on political correctness."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ayotte: Why Did the FBI Stop Probe of Orlando Shooter?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:43:31 am »
Further, she commented that when the FBI has a person like Omar Mateen, who killed 49 people at Orlando's Pulse nightclub Sunday morning before police officers killed him, "we need to understand why they had him on the terror watch list, and they took him off. Why did that happen?"

Damn good question.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:59:24 am »
Damn good question.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here I suggest that the investigation uncovered no criminal wrongdoing.  Or do you agree with Trump that all Muslims should be under surveillance, respectfully, at all times?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 11:20:26 am »
I'm going to go way out on a limb here I suggest that the investigation uncovered no criminal wrongdoing.  Or do you agree with Trump that all Muslims should be under surveillance, respectfully, at all times?

LOL!  2nd post into the thread it's necessary to use "Trump".

The thread is about the FBI, under Comey, being told by Obama's DOJ, to close the investigation into the shooter's background connections to possible terror networks in Saudi Arabia...etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »
When this kind of thing happens in Israel, they prefer to capture the terrorist alive. Then they learn how he was recruited and by whom. Where and how he got the money, guns, and ammunition. What methods of communication where used. They get all the information they can gather about everyone involved in the chain of events, to prevent other attacks.

However, in this case and with the Hussein administration, it is much better that they killed him. I have absolutely no faith whatsoever that Obama is serious about fighting Islamic terrorism. And I say that Obama is not interested in 'Islamic terrorism' specifically, because all he can seem to talk about is some mythical 'home-grown right wing Christian extremists' who are the 'real terrorist', which is just some story that he made up in his own head.

He's going to get even with those damned Christians, no matter what. They are the 'real' problem. Christians are the 'real' evil in the world. Somehow the fact that Muslims are currently slaughtering Christians, and basically everyone else they come into contact with, all over the world, does not matter to Obama.

And even if they did capture the terrorist and attempt to question him, he would immediately have 25 ACLU lawyers to defend him, and would likely end up suing the prison if his pillow was too hard, or his food was not warm enough, or if he was unable to get Al Jeezera on his 50" LCD television. Oh the huge manatee!

America under Obama has transformed from a great world power into an obsequious, needy, high school outcast, who is constantly begging the Muslim world for their approval. As such, our friends no longer trust us, and our enemies no longer fear us. And the worst part about this is, they are absolutely right.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:09:56 pm »
LOL!  2nd post into the thread it's necessary to use "Trump".

The thread is about the FBI, under Comey, being told by Obama's DOJ, to close the investigation into the shooter's background connections to possible terror networks in Saudi Arabia...etc..

OK then leaving The Donald out of this, what do you think the FBI should have done?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 02:00:15 pm »
OK then leaving The Donald out of this, what do you think the FBI should have done?

"I don't know".....the three most difficult words for a lot of people to type.

The Founding Fathers had some reason for allowing the Party that sits in the Oval Office to choose the Attorney General and all of it's lawyers.

I can't even figure that out.

The FBI...I always thought it was supposed to be an independent agency...you know...like the Supreme Court being a separate and independent branch of the government.

Apparently not.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline livius

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 04:37:47 pm »
It doesn't have to be "criminal wrongdoing."  The latter would be the bombings, shootings, stabbings, etc. that the Muslims commit after they are dropped from the list. What the FBI looks for is contacts with people who have already committed acts of violence (he had many of them), suspicious travel (he had been to Saudi Arabia and in contact with somebody recruiting people to go to Syria) and family connections (his father is an Afghani who is a known hater of America).  So having found all the indicators, why did they drop him from the list?

Political Correctness. Obama had basically regulated it so that unless the person has already committed the terrorist act and is standing there with blood splashed all over him, the FBI can do nothing.