Author Topic: TRUMP: I'm not demonizing Muslims  (Read 440 times)

Offline sinkspur

TRUMP: I'm not demonizing Muslims
« on: June 14, 2016, 02:40:06 am »
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-im-not-demonizing-muslims-oreilly-factor-fox-news-orlando-clinton-2016-6

TRUMP: I'm not demonizing Muslims

Mark Abadi

Donald Trump fired back at Bill O'Reilly on Monday night after the Fox News host asked Trump if his rhetoric in the wake of Sunday's terrorist attack in Orlando could be demonizing to Muslims.

"Do you believe there is a danger now, that because of your hot rhetoric about the topic … you could be contributing to a demonization of all Muslims in general? Is that possible?" asked O'Reilly.

"No, just the opposite. I really believe it's just the opposite," Trump responded.

The question came after the presumptive Republican nominee hammered Clinton's call for an increase in Syrian refugees admitted to the US, and sought to link refugees to terrorist attacks, echoing comments he made in a major speech earlier Monday.

"She wants a 500% increase in people coming in from Syria that are radical Islamists, OK, in many cases," Trump said on "The O'Reilly Factor."

O'Reilly interrupted, suggesting Trump was conflating two different groups of people.

"She's allowing massive numbers of people to come in, and they're not all radicalized and they're not all terrorists, but it doesn't take many, Bill.…" Trump responded. "You have many coming in, and they're smart and they're cunning and they know how to beat the system."

Clinton's campaign fired back at Trump in a statement Monday, accusing the businessman of taking "numerous liberties with the truth." Her campaign objected to his claims the US has no system in place to vet prospective refugees, and that the perpetrator in the Orlando shooting was from Afghanistan.

The Orlando attack was carried out by Omar Mateen, a Muslim-American born in New York to Afghan immigrants.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: TRUMP: I'm not demonizing Muslims
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 02:41:15 am »
When O'Reilly is the voice of reason,  you know that Trump is friggin' certifiable.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 03:30:16 am »
When O'Reilly is the voice of reason,  you know that Trump is friggin' certifiable.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 11:22:36 am »
Bull
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline RedHead

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 01:35:19 pm »
The truly sad thing is that Trump honestly believes that he is not demonizing Muslims and that he is the least racist person going.  Narcissists tend to be that way.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 03:05:23 pm »
The truly sad thing is that Trump honestly believes that he is not demonizing Muslims and that he is the least racist person going.  Narcissists tend to be that way.
I think Muslims are doing a pretty good job of demonizing themselves. As someone in the NeverTrump group I'm not going to slam him when he occasionally makes a statement I agree with. Not everything he says is awful. Like I've stated previously, I agree with him on tougher immigration measures.
But he is not the person to handle a war on Islamic terrorism....or much of anything else.  However,  I'll bet his statements about Islamic terrorists are in line with the majority of Americans. The majority of sane Americans that is. Libs are still incredibly deluded about the issue. More gun laws...yeah, that will work. /s

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 03:29:42 pm »
I think Muslims are doing a pretty good job of demonizing themselves. As someone in the NeverTrump group I'm not going to slam him when he occasionally makes a statement I agree with. Not everything he says is awful. Like I've stated previously, I agree with him on tougher immigration measures.
But he is not the person to handle a war on Islamic terrorism....or much of anything else.  However,  I'll bet his statements about Islamic terrorists are in line with the majority of Americans. The majority of sane Americans that is. Libs are still incredibly deluded about the issue. More gun laws...yeah, that will work. /s
I agree. I'm no Trump fan, but nothing he's ever said or done has caused or contributed to the problem of Islamic terrorism.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RedHead

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 03:35:36 pm »
I agree. I'm no Trump fan, but nothing he's ever said or done has caused or contributed to the problem of Islamic terrorism.

Nothing he has ever said or proposed would resolve the problem either.  What he has come up with are unworkable half-measures that ignore the main source of the trouble.  And his speech yesterday didn't make it better.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 05:05:05 pm »
Nothing he has ever said or proposed would resolve the problem either.  What he has come up with are unworkable half-measures that ignore the main source of the trouble.  And his speech yesterday didn't make it better.

So we shouldn't adopt an idea that is only a partial solution?  Unless something "resolves" the problem completely, it's not worth while?

I don't see where Trump is wrong on this, and it is very much like border security.  Sure, improving border security (with a wall or otherwise) isn't going to "resolve" the illegal immigration problem either.  But at it is stopping the inflow that makes the problem worse.  Here's part of his comments -- exactly how is this wrong?

"She wants a 500% increase in people coming in from Syria that are radical Islamists, OK, in many cases," Trump said on "The O'Reilly Factor."

O'Reilly interrupted, suggesting Trump was conflating two different groups of people.

"She's allowing massive numbers of people to come in, and they're not all radicalized and they're not all terrorists, but it doesn't take many, Bill.…" Trump responded. "You have many coming in, and they're smart and they're cunning and they know how to beat the system."

Isn't that analgous to what we do when there is an outbreak of a disease in some country?  We try to quarantine it, and we don't let anyone in unless we test them and make sure they are not infected.  And if there is no effective test available, then we ban travel into the U.S. from people in that country.   That doesn't mean that everyone is infected -- it just means that we don't want to take the risk sthat someone who is infected gets through.

Limiting immigration from nations where Islamic extremism doesn't "resolve" the situation, but it certainly is one step toward reducing the long-term problem.