Author Topic: CAIR Scrambles to Register Millions of Muslim Voters to Stop Trump Movement  (Read 1742 times)

Offline wolfcreek

WASHINGTON — American Muslims are watching in growing horror as Donald J. Trump and Senator Ted Cruz battle for the Republican presidential nomination, outdoing each other with provocative proposals that have included Muslim registries, immigration bans and fleets of police patrolling their neighborhoods.

With round tables, summit meetings and news releases falling on deaf ears, national advocacy groups are planning to fend off policies they consider hostile to Muslims with a more proactive strategy: driving up the Muslim vote.

Organizations like the Council on American-Islamic Relations, known as CAIR, the Islamic Circle of North America and the U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations are encouraging mosques to turn themselves into voter registration centers before the November election so that Muslims can make their voices heard at the polls. Registration drives are expected to ramp up significantly in June, during Ramadan, when attendance at Islamic centers peaks.

snip...

More #nevertrumps. Not only siding with Hillary but the Muslims too.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/25/cair-scrambles-to-register-millions-of-muslim-voters-to-stop-trump-movement/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

These muslims think they are too good for the labor camps?

Wingnut

Only if they aren't running them?

HonestJohn

And the point?

Americans are registering to vote because Trump is a material threat to the very concept of America.

Or are it that all animals Americans are equal, but some animals Americans are more equal than others?

Offline wolfcreek

And the point?

Americans are registering to vote because Trump is a material threat to the very concept of America.

Or are it that all animals Americans are equal, but some animals Americans are more equal than others?

Are they really "Americans"? or are they cells waiting to pounce?

Online libertybele

... "American Muslims are watching in growing horror as Donald J. Trump and Senator Ted Cruz battle for the Republican presidential nomination..."  ?? Someone really needs to inform Breitbart that Cruz dropped out of the race last month and is no longer battling for the presidential nomination.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline wolfcreek

... "American Muslims are watching in growing horror as Donald J. Trump and Senator Ted Cruz battle for the Republican presidential nomination..."  ?? Someone really needs to inform Breitbart that Cruz dropped out of the race last month and is no longer battling for the presidential nomination.

They don't want Cruz either but, is it any less relevant now?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not everything is a joke, @Once-Ler

Remember when we were horrified and furious that a handful of Muslims learned to fly here in the states---asking how this could have happened, how no one could have known?

Remember how we promised not to forget?

HonestJohn

Are they really "Americans"? or are they cells waiting to pounce?

Sigh.

You didn't get the reference, did you?

Try Animal Farm, by George Orwell.

HonestJohn

Remember when we were horrified and furious that a handful of Muslims learned to fly here in the states---asking how this could have happened, how no one could have known?

I also remember that Bush went out of way to make it about Bin Ladin and Al-Qaeda, not all Muslims.  Trump and his side *WANT* to make it about Islam and all Muslims.

Offline aligncare

Hyperbole only works if there's truth behind it. No one is proposing labor camps. That's merely projection, conjured up in the fevered minds of #NeverTrumpers.

I also remember that Bush went out of way to make it about Bin Ladin and Al-Qaeda, not all Muslims.

Yeah, that religion of peace thing. How's it working out for the Western world?

Offline aligncare

Careful. You're treading on dangerous ground RIV. Beware the members of the League of Perpetual Offense (I affectionately dub them the "indignation crowd.")

They'll find some way to take offense and twist your words into some sort of personal attack.

Careful. You're treading on dangerous ground RIV. Beware the members of the League of Perpetual Offense (I affectionately dub them the "indignation crowd.")

They'll find some way to take offense and twist your words into some sort of personal attack.

Hmm....@aligncare, just wondering.  Is the League of Perpetual Offense  a subsidiary of SoreLosermans, Inc.?

Offline aligncare

Hmm....@aligncare, just wondering.  Is the League of Perpetual Offense  a subsidiary of SoreLosermans, Inc.?

Wholly owed.

Some serious people filled with righteous anger are calling for a ban on 2 billion people from entering the USA based on the actions of a handful...others are calling for the end of the 2nd Amendment.  I laugh at both.

Offline aligncare

Some serious people filled with righteous anger are calling for a ban on 2 billion people from entering the USA based on the actions of a handful...others are calling for the end of the 2nd Amendment.  I laugh at both.

War is hell.

Oh, you didn't know we were at war? Well, that so-called "handful" constitute millions of determined enemies of liberty and threats to Americans' safety. If not directly through acts of terrorism, then by cultural/political threat to civilization (sharia law). Those handful of jihadists fighters certainly know they are at war with us. The problem lies with the impossibility of distinguishing peaceful and threatening Muslims.

As you gather, I don't think there's any equivalency between Christianity and Islam. None. It's an oil and water thing.

Offline markomalley

Two thoughts:

1) @Once-Ler , the President has the full right to suspend entry for any alien or class of aliens. See 8 U.S.C. 1182 (f):

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

While a person may question whether it is wise for him to propose to do so, he undoubtedly has the legal ability to suspend entry of Muslim aliens (Muslim aliens falls within "any class"). You may state that this deprives these innocent Muslims of their Constitutional rights. However, aliens, particularly before they enter the country, do not have any Constitutional rights.

And here's the issue: Elsewhere within section 1182, there is this black-and-white prohibition:

Any alien who—

(snip)

(VII) endorses or espouses terrorist activity or persuades others to endorse or espouse terrorist activity or support a terrorist organization;

(snip)

is inadmissible.

How does one discern whether a Muslim alien who wishes to enter the country endorses or espouses terrorist activity? Sure, you can look at their paper trail, their writings, their social media activity, if there is any of the above. You can inquire of the local government agencies to see if they have any past history on the person. And so on.

But what if the person has scrubbed their social media clean? What if the person posts on Twitter and Facebook using a pseudonym? What kind of cooperation and accuracy should one expect if the person comes from a hostile government, such as Iran, Syria, Libya, or one with a dysfunctional, corrupt, or virtually non-existent government, such as Somalia, Sudan, or Pakistan?

You could state that the number of Muslims who support terrorism is relatively small and would be correct in making that statement. But the number who support terrorism is not trivial. See this November, 2015, poll by Pew. 8% of Turks have a favorable opinion of ISIS as do 9% of Pakistanis, 11% of Senegalese, and 14% of Nigerians. To put it in context, Turkey has 79.4 million people. 8% of that is 6,352,000. 25,418,688 of Nigeria's 181.4 million people support ISIS. And so on. Now how are you going to effectively screen out that 8% of Turks or 14% of Nigerians from entry (I assume that you wouldn't want to allow ISIS sympathizers to enter the country). But according to 8 U.S.C. 1182 a(3)(B)(i)(VII) that is exactly what is supposed to happen).

You might also want to take a look at this Center for Security Policy poll (conducted by the Polling Company) conducted a year ago about attitudes of Muslims who are in this country already. Rather disturbing.

The point is that the number of Muslims who favor terrorism is admittedly small, but the number is non-trivial. Do you know of an effective method to screen those who support terrorism out?

War is hell.

Oh, you didn't know we were at war? Well, that so-called "handful" constitute millions of determined enemies of liberty and threats to Americans' safety. If not directly through acts of terrorism, then by cultural/political threat to civilization (sharia law). Those handful of jihadists fighters certainly know they are at war with us. The problem lies with the impossibility of distinguishing peaceful and threatening Muslims.

As you gather, I don't think there's any equivalency between Christianity and Islam. None. It's an oil and water thing.

@aligncare As you mention, we are at war, whether we recognize this or not. The empirical information I provided above are a validation of your claims. However, we do not need nor should we want to sacrifice our liberty as a result of this. Remember Ben Franklin's famous quote:

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Sadly, Mr. Trump has this leftist tendency to want to expand government power to fix it for us. I don't want him to "fix it" for me. I want him (and potentially his government) to just stay out of my way and let me live my life. Focus on what has been explicitly delegated to the federal government  in the Constitution and get the heck out of my way in everything else (let me handle it as a person, or let the local/state governments handle it at the lower level).

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Pot, meet kettle.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
War is hell.

We are at war with Islamofascism, not Islam.   

I encourage Muslims to join with other peaceable Americans to defeat - by the ballot - Trump's brand of fascism.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline wolfcreek

We are at war with Islamofascism, not Islam.   

I encourage Muslims to join with other peaceable Americans to defeat - by the ballot - Trump's brand of fascism.   

Of course you and Hillary.[Obama II] do.

The point is that the number of Muslims who favor terrorism is admittedly small, but the number is non-trivial. Do you know of an effective method to screen those who support terrorism out?
No.  However my inability to solve this problem does not make Trump's ban a good solution.

You make a good argument about Presidential power.
I'll leave it to the judges to decide if President Trump has the authority to ban a religion.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Offline markomalley

No.  However my inability to solve this problem does not make Trump's ban a good solution.

You make a good argument about Presidential power.
I'll leave it to the judges to decide if President Trump has the authority to ban a religion.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

If one believes that Islamic terrorism is a clear and present danger to the Republic, then there are actions required to mitigate the danger.

The Hildabeast believes that controlling the speech of conservatives and banning all weapons is the appropriate action to mitigate this danger. The Orange Jesus believes that the threat would be mitigated through a temporary ban on Muslims entering the country until we can effectively discern which ones are terrorists and terrorist sympathizers can be implemented.

If any of us have a better idea, great. Otherwise, we're stuck with one of the two fundamental concepts. So which is more likely to be effective? To ban guns and make speech more politically correct? Or to ban Muslim aliens until we can figure out which ones are the threat and which aren't?

I'm open to ideas...but given the two, it seems like the latter is more likely to be effective. But I'd be willing to listen to a better plan.

(And remember that aliens outside the borders of the country have NO constitutional rights)