Author Topic: Why people like Donald.  (Read 22837 times)

Offline runnerrunner

Why people like Donald.
« on: June 13, 2016, 12:38:20 pm »
I like this forum a lot. Just found it and it’s a good place to talk. But let me make this short. I like Donald because he says it how most people would and he punches back hard. Most conservatives are more interested in policy papers and their “principles” which include losing the country, rather than winning. I’d rather take someone who is 70 percent conservative that can actually win a national election

I see a lot of conservative women complaining about his misogyny. Are we anti PC or not? And a lot of men in middle America still believe that  “traditional values” includes women staying at home with the kids and the man working, go ask an evangelical if you don’t believe me. His rhetoric is no different than the many college frats and their members in the USA. That's how a lot, and I mean a huge amount, of men talk about women. They even do it in the conservative movement, you just don't see because they aren't running for president. So do conservatives support political correctness or not? Do conservative women want the same special treatment liberal women get? Do we still have a group that actually believes in traditional values, or just going to church every Sunday is enough for you?

For years conservatives have bemoaned illegal immigration. How do you know he won’t do what that? How do you know any of the other candidates will? Do you want Americans to get their jobs back? Do you want a strong response to Terrorism? Free Trade, could the base be any clearer they don’t like it. Seems only true conservatives on the internet defend it. These same true conservatives work at nonprofit think tanks which don’t produce… anything.

For many Americans, things have just changed too much. This is bigger than true conservatism, Obama or Hillary. They see a country in decline and this is the last chance to stop it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:51:51 pm by runnerrunner »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why I like Donald.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 12:49:18 pm »
Cite an example of Trump consistently championing any conservative cause ever!

Just one will do! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 12:51:25 pm »
Cite an example of Trump consistently championing any conservative cause ever!

Just one will do!

Immigration.

But does it matter? Nothing is good enough for some people.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 12:53:09 pm »
Immigration.

But does it matter? Nothing is good enough for some people.

So Amnesty is a conservative cause in your mind?   **nononono*

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 12:58:14 pm »
So Amnesty is a conservative cause in your mind?   **nononono*
How about deportations. All of them. Because that's what he wants.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 01:01:11 pm »
How about deportations. All of them. Because that's what he wants.

Bring them back is what I heard!  He loves them!  Usese them on his own projects then stiffs them for their pay!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 01:04:47 pm »
Bring them back is what I heard!  He loves them!  Usese them on his own projects then stiffs them for their pay!
Who cares about that... this is exactly what I'm talking about. You heard this, you heard that, etc. I'm talking about right now. And right now, he says he would deport 11 million illegals. A part of his platform.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:05:13 pm by runnerrunner »

Wingnut

Re: Why people like Donald.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 01:28:40 pm »
Some people like mass murderers too. Ted Bundy. Richard "the Night Stalker" Ramirez. "Hillside Stranglers" Kenneth Bianchi and Angelo Buono groupies have much in common with Donald trump supporters. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 01:32:56 pm »
Who cares about that... this is exactly what I'm talking about. You heard this, you heard that, etc. I'm talking about right now. And right now, he says he would deport 11 million illegals. A part of his platform.

First, deportation isn't going to happen. Like every other Trump promise, it'll be up for negotiation. So what you're saying we should just dismiss Trump's own words and just believe a platform that he may not even know what that is

Secondly, every Trump position now can be countered by statements he made in the not so distance past.
A President Trump's big government isn't  going to magically work better than a President Hillary's.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 01:36:04 pm »
A lot of people like Justin Beiber, too.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 01:39:18 pm »
Some people like mass murderers too. Ted Bundy. Richard "the Night Stalker" Ramirez. "Hillside Stranglers" Kenneth Bianchi and Angelo Buono groupies have much in common with Donald trump supporters.

Thank you for demonstrating what passes for lucidity in the #NeverTrump movement. Did you think that up all by your lonesome? Or did you take your cues from the other antiTrump Rhode scholars around here?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:44 pm »

Uh, no. 

Donald Trump Tells Paul Ryan He Won’t Pursue A Key Part Of His Immigration Policy

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,211458.0.html
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 01:49:06 pm »
I like ice cream.  However, it's bad for my waistline and arteries, so I have to reject it.

You said: "I see a lot of conservative women complaining about his misogyny. Are we anti PC or not?"

What does that mean?  We reject anything that has ever been tarred with the PC brush, whether it's true or not just because it's PC?  That doesn't make sense. 

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 01:49:25 pm »
First, deportation isn't going to happen. Like every other Trump promise, it'll be up for negotiation. So what you're saying we should just dismiss Trump's own words and just believe a platform that he may not even know what that is

Secondly, every Trump position now can be countered by statements he made in the not so distance past.
A President Trump's big government isn't  going to magically work better than a President Hillary's.

It won't be big government. You just believe that because he's not Cruz.

Thank you for demonstrating what passes for lucidity in the #NeverTrump movement. Did you think that up all by your lonesome? Or did you take your cues from the other antiTrump Rhode scholars around here?

I mean, no matter what you say, they hate trump.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 01:50:55 pm »

Is he still using that 11 million figure?  That may have been true 30 years ago, but it's way off now.

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 01:57:11 pm »
Uh, no. 

Donald Trump Tells Paul Ryan He Won’t Pursue A Key Part Of His Immigration Policy

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,211458.0.html

Rumors. Neither Ryan or Trump have publicly confirmed

I like ice cream.  However, it's bad for my waistline and arteries, so I have to reject it.

You said: "I see a lot of conservative women complaining about his misogyny. Are we anti PC or not?"

What does that mean?  We reject anything that has ever been tarred with the PC brush, whether it's true or not just because it's PC?  That doesn't make sense. 
It makes perfect sense. A lot of men are tired of feminism and they see trump as an outlet. So the complaints about his language are seen as PC, whether any of us like it or not. What he says about women is no different then so many other guys, especially young guys. He also believes in traditional gender roles including women staying home and men working, do you?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 02:03:34 pm »

Ah.  But neither have denied.  So it's likely Trump gave that up to get Ryan's support (it is physically impossible in any case).
It makes perfect sense. A lot of men are tired of feminism and they see trump as an outlet. So the complaints about his language are seen as PC, whether any of us like it or not. What he says about women is no different then so many other guys, especially young guys. He also believes in traditional gender roles including women staying home and men working, do you?

Anyone who mocks the physically disabled, or calls women "pigs", "dogs" or jokes about women menstruating in public is a first class ahole. If you think that's funny or if "men" think that's funny, then they're aholes too.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 02:11:30 pm »
Trump insists he doesn't want congratulations while he talks about why he deserves congratulations.  Sane human beings don't talk like this:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:12:27 pm by sinkspur »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2016, 02:25:36 pm »

Red herrings.  You avoided my actual question: "We reject anything that has ever been tarred with the PC brush, whether it's true or not just because it's PC? "

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2016, 02:29:18 pm »
Ah.  But neither have denied.  So it's likely Trump gave that up to get Ryan's support (it is physically impossible in any case).
Anyone who mocks the physically disabled, or calls women "pigs", "dogs" or jokes about women menstruating in public is a first class ahole. If you think that's funny or if "men" think that's funny, then they're aholes too.

Right, so we can talk about rumors, are we can go with public statements or immigration. Who cares if he called women pigs. No one in middle america does. Can women take jokes or not? And we call men pigs all the time, is that okay? This  brings me back to my original question: Are conservative women PC? That makes them no different then liberal women.

Trump insists he doesn't want congratulations while he talks about why he deserves congratulations.  Sane human beings don't talk like this:

But he was right. And I saw the prior tweets.

Red herrings.  You avoided my actual question: "We reject anything that has ever been tarred with the PC brush, whether it's true or not just because it's PC? "
Yeah we do. You are either PC or not. No middle ground.  Now tell me, traditional gender roles, or no?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:31:20 pm by runnerrunner »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 02:32:24 pm »
Right, so we can talk about rumors, are we can go with public statements or immigration. Who cares if he called women pigs. No one in middle america does. Can women take jokes or not? And we call men pigs all the time, is that okay? This  brings me back to my original question: Are conservative women PC? That makes them no different then liberal women.
 Yeah we do. You are either PC or not. No middle ground.

OK. So it's OK to call women pigs.   I don't call women pigs.  Maybe you do.

Trump's a perfect example of the coarsening and dumbing down of America.  I'm not surprised you like him.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2016, 02:33:44 pm »
 Yeah we do. You are either PC or not. No middle ground.  Now tell me, traditional gender roles, or no?

Wow.  Too much cognitive dissonance for me to sort out in my limited time. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2016, 02:36:03 pm »
Another jumbled mess from Trump.  Maybe runnerrunner can translate, since he seems to understand Trump-speak:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:36:51 pm by sinkspur »

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2016, 02:38:02 pm »
OK. So it's OK to call women pigs.   I don't call women pigs.  Maybe you do.

Trump's a perfect example of the coarsening and dumbing down of America.  I'm not surprised you like him.
Women call men pigs all the time. I don't know if you have see it but there is a huge divide due to feminism and men are getting sick of it. Of course Trump is coarse and dumb. This is 16 years into the reality TV era, what did you think would happen.

Wow.  Too much cognitive dissonance for me to sort out in my limited time. 
What did I say. I talk to people; this is what I see and hear.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:39:14 pm by runnerrunner »

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 02:39:47 pm »
Another jumbled mess from Trump.  Maybe runnerrunner can translate, since he seems to understand Trump-speak:

Obama won't say the words. Trump needs to clean up his message in order to win.