Author Topic: Paul Manafort: Romney Is A Sore Loser and a ‘Coward’  (Read 7627 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Paul Manafort: Romney Is A Sore Loser and a ‘Coward’
« on: June 13, 2016, 12:55:21 am »
Paul Manafort: Romney Is A Sore Loser and a ‘Coward’
by Pam Key12 Jun 2016

Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” the campaign chair for presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump Paul Manafort said former 2012 GOP presidential candidate and former governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney was a “coward” for attacking Trump and the other Republican who ran for president because he chose to not run.

Partial transcript as follows:

STEPHANOPOULOS: House Speaker Paul Ryan earlier this week. Let’s get a response now from Donald Trump’s campaign chair, Paul Manafort.

Mr. Manafort, thank you for joining us.

You just saw Paul Ryan right there, the House speaker, he believes – and I know he’s been speaking with Mr. Trump — that he believes we’re going to see a different Donald Trump out on the
    trail. Is he right?

PAUL MANAFORT, DONALD TRUMP CAMPAIGN CHAIR: Listen, all parts of the campaign that are now being are coming together. You’re going to see Donald Trump making more speeches that are set speeches, which you haven’t seen in the past for the most part. You’re going to see more interaction in different environments other than rallies. But you’re also going to see the rallies. The rallies — Donald Trump gets energy from, and frankly gives energy back. And so the campaign will be a traditional campaign in that respect. But untraditional in the way we in which we approach focusing on the differences between us and Hillary Clinton.

STEPHANOPOULOS: How about on the policy? Because he seemed to also indicate that Donald Trump is going to be coming his way. He said specifically when we talked during part of that interview that he believes that Donald Trump is listening to him on the issue of entitlements.

MANAFORT: I was interested listening to him. There’s a lot of agreement between the two parties on the principles of the Ryan agenda and the reason that Donald Trump is running for president. The difference, though — and it’s an important difference — is Donald Trump is running against the system that he thinks is rigged, that he thinks hasn’t worked, that he thinks has hurt the people of the United States. And he thinks Washington doesn’t get it.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So, Paul Ryan right at the top of that system in congress.

MANAFORT: He is. And he started talking about policies that will change things. But that’s where there’s some bit of a personality rub. I mean, Trump is willing to not accept the status quo in Washington. He’s saying we have to change the status quo in Washington So, you’ve got that component. And then you’ve got some policy differences as well. But at the day both Paul Ryan and Donald Trump believe that the system has to change. They see Hillary Clinton as an extension of that system. They see her as a third term for Obama. they see in a year of change, she’s the establishment candidate. And that’s what you’re going to see the campaign focusing on.

STEPHANOPOULOS: The man who is not coming on board, Mitt Romney, the last nominee
    of the Republican Party, having that conference in Utah over the weekend says his heart is breaking
    watching Donald Trump lead the GOP.You had Meg Whitman at the same conference comparing Donald Trump to Mussolini and Hitler.

MANAFORT: Well, I think they’re sitting in their cocoon, you know, away from the reality of the world. I mean, Donald Trump is none of those things. And this is sore losers. You know, Romney wanted to run, chose not to. He’s now attacking this past weekend all the other Republican who ran for president as well saying they should have done a better job. Well, if he feels that way he should have run. He was a coward.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Coward?

MANAFORT: He didn’t want to get into the race. He had an opportunity to get in the race and chose not to and now he’s criticizing all those who Trump beat for not running a good campaign and he’s criticizing Trump who got over 3.5 million votes more than Romney got in the primaries this year. And actually one of the underreported facts is when you look at what Trump is getting today in the Hispanic community, in the black community, in the independent community, he’s equaling or doing better than Romney did at the end of the campaign. So Romney is not one to criticize and Donald Trump, who has tapped into an angst in America, he’s got a campaign strategy and is running a campaign that —

STEPHANOPOULOS: Also creating a lot of angst in the Republican Party, especially with those comments about Judge Curiel. You’ve got Hugh Hewitt and others talking about finding ways to stop Donald Trump at the convention. Are you confident you can shut that down?

MANAFORT: There are very few people talking about that, the malcontents who have not been happy that Donald Trump beat all of them. The delegates to the convention who we’re dealing with on a regular basis are looking forward for an exciting time. There aren’t going to be any serious issues in Cleveland. People are banding together. What’s getting all the attention are five or six people. Then there’s the broad base of the Republican Party that has united behind Donald Trump, is working with us, helping us build out our campaign. And the integration, we have, for example, with the RNC, is almost seamless. I mean, it’s coming together very nicely, which is one of the underreported — another underreported fact. Always the pundits and the media have been trying to say Donald Trump can’t achieve certain goals. He couldn’t get — top 20 percent, 30 percent, 40 percent, 50 percent, it was going to be a second ballot. Now they’re saying he doesn’t have a campaign structure. That’s just not true.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/06/12/paul-manafort-romney-is-a-sore-loser-and-a-coward/
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Re: Paul Manafort: Romney Is A Sore Loser and a ‘Coward’
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 12:57:39 am »
Manafort is a punk who works for the Russian mafia. So there's that...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 04:00:43 am »
Now it looks like even Trump's pro is an amateur.  Exactly how does Manafort expect this kind of statement to net a single additional vote for Trump?   This is more about "getting in your digs" than it is about winning an election.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 04:03:01 am »
Now it looks like even Trump's pro is an amateur.  Exactly how does Manafort expect this kind of statement to net a single additional vote for Trump?   This is more about "getting in your digs" than it is about winning an election.
This appeals to the large anti-Establishment population.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 04:05:58 am »

This kind of attitude is so unappealing.  We railed against Obama for his stupid statement about "I won." and now our supposed party leader does the same thing.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 04:42:31 am »
Drop dead, dictator-maker manafort.
Former Republican.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 05:18:07 am »

Good grief, Manafort IS the Establishment.  You can't get more establishment than the guy the Party hired in 1976 to defeat Ronald Reagan.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 12:15:32 pm »

In other words, it appeals to all those people who already are going to vote for Trump.   To everyone else, it looks like Trump's sore-winner campaign is more about vindictiveness than trying to rally enough people to beat Hillary.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 12:16:18 pm »
This kind of attitude is so unappealing.  We railed against Obama for his stupid statement about "I won." and now our supposed party leader does the same thing.

At least Obama was saying that to the opposition party....

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 12:36:51 pm »
In other words, it appeals to all those people who already are going to vote for Trump.   To everyone else, it looks like Trump's sore-winner campaign is more about vindictiveness than trying to rally enough people to beat Hillary.

With crap like this, it is going to make more people in the GOP to less likely vote for Trump.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 11:39:37 pm »
At least Obama was saying that to the opposition party....

So is Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 02:30:04 am »
Gosh, Paul, why'd ya hafta call Romney a "coward"?

Why not call him what he actually is?

A loser....

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 02:30:54 am »
Doesn't he already have that one in the bag, though?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 05:49:32 am »

Remember me saying Romney would be the GOP solution to the Trump issue?

Why would the Trump campaign be out there doing preemptive damage control otherwise? They want Romney GONE so the GOP is less likely to nominate him on Ballot 2.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:53:25 am by Repub4Trump »

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 06:55:52 am »
A second ballot????? Seriously? :nometalk: **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 12:42:14 pm »
A second ballot????? Seriously? :nometalk: **nononono*

Our difference of opinion about Trump aside, Yes. Lets face it. None of the DC GOP want this guy in there. They didn'r want Cruz either so I'm under no delusion that Ted's gonna get in either.

Right now you have Mitt Romney acting as their surrogate doing all in his power to kill off Donor support. My belief, for this and a hundred other reasons, is that he's going to get the nod if he gets those donors to stick with the GOP. Most of the voters voted for him once. Those people will do it again.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I doubt it. There have been way too many trial balloons both for Romney and for donors saying outright that Trump is a no go. If they pull their cash and or go Hillary as some of the more liberal of them threatened, the GOP is dead in the water.

So from a longevity/keeping power standpoint, are they gonna go Trump or backstab him as is their wont?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 01:09:23 pm »
This kind of attitude is so unappealing. 

To whom?   Romney didn't even have the guts to run -- coward.  And he chose not to run because he is a proven loser.   But he stands in a corner throwing a noisy temper tantrum disrespecting the very people who held their nose and voted for HIM four years ago.  This loser coward offers nothing and should be shunned.

But here's something special just for you ... @RoosGirl.    Remember to think happy thoughts ....

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 01:27:20 pm »
To whom?   Romney didn't even have the guts to run -- coward.  And he chose not to run because he is a proven loser.   But he stands in a corner throwing a noisy temper tantrum disrespecting the very people who held their nose and voted for HIM four years ago.  This loser coward offers nothing and should be shunned.

But here's something special just for you ... @RoosGirl.    Remember to think happy thoughts ....

I'm amazed at how Romney gets under the skin of Trumpkins.  If he's such a loser, why even bother with him?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »

He's not wrong about Romney, but my previous comment was not about Romney.  Trump is a sore winner and that is what i find unappealing. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 02:01:29 pm »
I gotta admit,, that's a new one on me. Sore winner?

Sounds more like another contrived, forever grasping-at-straws from the #NeverTrumpers.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 02:47:28 pm »
I gotta admit,, that's a new one on me. Sore winner?

Sounds more like another contrived, forever grasping-at-straws from the #NeverTrumpers.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/richard-sherman-epic-sore-winners/story?id=21596713

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 02:54:49 pm »

Sure as hell "appeals" to me!

I.  Don't.  Care.   

Go gettum, Donnie!  'Invoices' for stupidity are going out in the mail....payment in full is due July 20th.

"Sore-Winner"........ **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 02:58:52 pm »
Hahaha, I must be over target with my "sore winner" comment.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 03:07:32 pm »
Hahaha, I must be over target with my "sore winner" comment.

How does a #nevertrump know what a winner is, sore or otherwise?   :pondering:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 03:10:53 pm »
How does a #nevertrump know what a winner is, sore or otherwise?   :pondering:

All I have to do is see comments like that to know that not only is Trump a sore winner, his supporters are also.  Nice job proving me right again.