Author Topic: Swedish Radio censored police press conference about the terrorist attack in Orlando  (Read 596 times)

rangerrebew

Swedish Radio censored police press conference about the terrorist attack in Orlando
Published June 12, 2016 at 18:00
By Mattias Albinsson ✉

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=sv&u=http://www.friatider.se/sveriges-radio-censurerade-polisens-presskonferens

Foreign. Swedish Radio censored police press conference on the occasion of the night's terrorist attack in Orlando.
- I do not have time to do some interviews now, says SR's responsible publisher of Free Times.
Like the article on Facebook

The terrorist attack in Orlando

Terror-Omar called the police and swore allegiance to the Islamic State
    The helmet saved the life of a police officer
    At least 50 dead in the terrorist attack in Orlando
    Omar, 29, carried out the terrorist attack in Orlando
    Thirty hostages were rescued by the task force

Show all

SR themselves write on Twitter that they were afraid that sensitive data could be mentioned at the press conference, such as the name of the terrorist who carried out the deed.

At least 50 dead in the terrorist attack in Orlando

No name was never mentioned at the press conference, however, revealed FBI spokesman Danny Banks to terrorist attack suspected to have links with the terrorist group Islamic State.

The decision in this way to censor a news conference police have been criticized in social media. Some are wondering whether SR's Twitter account hijacked by someone trying to make the radio company in a bad light.

One of them is critical is a professional policeman in Stockholm who think that SR's actions are "worrying".
Picture: Twitter.

"And some data was not in line with your values, are you?" asks a woman sarcastically clear reference to the terrorist's ethnicity and suspected motive for the deed. "What the hell?" exclaims another woman. Some people think it is high time to close down the state media altogether.

When the Free Times calls the SR's responsible editor Olle Zachrison he refuses to answer questions about censorship decision.

- I do not have time to do some interviews now. You can check my Twitter account. I have been busy working with events in the US, he says.

When the Free Times, despite it, trying to ask a question to Zachrison if he believes that SR's censorship might affect public confidence in the government media giant he put down the receiver.

Together with Swedish Television makes Swedish Radio of tax by 7.1 billion each year. The money corresponds South Hospital in Stockholm's annual budget twice.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 08:09:51 pm by rangerrebew »