Author Topic: Prayers for the victims and families in this morning's horrific terror attack in Florida.  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Mesaclone

I hope we all can unite in grieving for the victims of this morning's tragedy. A little prayer for their families and loved ones who are in great suffering this morning would be well sent.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
I didn't know about this until I noticed your thread.

The [updated] death count now seems to be around fifty.
I join you in prayer.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/20-dead-42-injured-in-possible-terror-attack-in-Orlando-Florida-382606681.html
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Cowboyway

"CBS News reported that the gunman was Omar Mir Seddique Mateen (November 16, 1986 – June 12, 2016). Mateen was a U.S. citizen from Fort Pierce, born to Afghan parents.  The FBI suspects the shooter had ties to radical Islam and that he had bragged about his ties to 'terrorist organizations' in the past."
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I hope we all can unite in grieving for the victims of this morning's tragedy. A little prayer for their families and loved ones who are in great suffering this morning would be well sent.

Agree totally.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RedHead

I whole-kindheartedly agree. 

Offline Suppressed

A friend of mine works at Walt Disney World, so she has tons of gay friends.  Sone  who are regulars at Pulse are unaccounted for, and she's a wreck. Please keep friends in prayers, too.

Edit: all are now accounted for and safe.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:54:59 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Prayers for the victims, families and friends affected by this atrocity.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Prayers for the families and friends of these people wounded and killed by this terrorist.  Brings to light the need to eradicate ISIS from the face of the earth.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't know how to pray or why I should. The perpetrators were believers in a false God. The victims defied God. God was absent from this whole situation, and for all intents and purposes it's too late now to undo it.

I guess I can pray for peace for those left behind, but what else can I do or say?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

I don't know how to pray or why I should. The perpetrators were believers in a false God. The victims defied God. God was absent from this whole situation, and for all intents and purposes it's too late now to undo it.

I guess I can pray for peace for those left behind, but what else can I do or say?

I think that is what we all can do.  It isn't for us to judge the world.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Words of wisdom. Especially considering that we all have sinned and fall far, far short of salvation on our own. We are all in need of mercy, forgiveness.....and prayers.

Amen

Offline Mesaclone

Yes. That is the purpose of the thread I think.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mod1

Prayer threads usually go in General Discussion, and as this is not a news article about politics, it is being moved from the Politics category to General Discussion.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

:amen:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️