Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 55061 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That's ridiculous, @IsailedawayfromFR !

I'm a staunch, Big C...Conservative.  And I abhor all strident SOCONS.

They're why we've had Obama....and if they get their way...Hillary Clinton. Screw them...and their so-called principles.

Better go read the Declaration once again.  The belief in God and accountability to Him and his teachings, the freedom to express religion and the sancitity of life are how the Foundational documents of this country are based.  That is social conservatism, and its hallmark is morality.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pictures of the father have been shown.

The ultimate responsibility for the act is that of Omar Mateen; but how he was raised, likely indoctrinated,  Omar beat up his wife must show something. The father looks very stern.

Omar worked at a GNC:

Drag Queen: Anti-Gay Terrorist Omar Mateen Was My Friend

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/drag-queen-orlando-gunman-omar-mateen-was-my-friend.html

And at the Security Firm:

Recent co-workers described Mateen’s demeanor as aggressive and anti-gay. Daniel Gilroy, who worked with Mateen at the security company G4S, told Florida Today that he was “unhinged and unstable.”

“I quit because everything he said was toxic, and the company wouldn’t do anything,” Gilroy told the news outlet. “This guy was unhinged and unstable. He talked of killing people.”

“When I saw his picture on the news, I thought, of course, he did that,” fellow security guard Eric Baumer told Newsday. “He had bad things to say about everybody—blacks, Jews, gays, a lot of politicians, our soldiers. He had a lot of hate in him. He told me America destroyed Afghanistan.”

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good Morning all. I wake up to a smooth cup of joe, the morning news, and a feeling that good things will happen today.

After reading the news, it strikes me that the Muslim fanatic is described as being 'obsessed' with gays and homosexuality in nearly every article I read. I think most of us already know what that usually means, and so I will not bother to say it.

It sounds like the guy may have been shooting at himself, he may have been shooting at his own demons when he killed all those people. The extreme violence and hate which is sanctioned and even promoted by Islam, was enough to push him into doing something which he apparently wanted to do anyway.

I doubt this had anything to do with pleasing Allah, except maybe indirectly. And that is the norm with 'radical' [read insane] Muslims. They live out their most base fantasies, rape, torture, enslavement of prisoners, etc. and then justify it by saying it is for their 'religion'. I doubt it.

I think that Muslims who rape, torture, and kill, want to do it. Islam just gives them the license.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline The_Reader_David

Living up to their nickname:  the Anti-Christian Litigation Union.

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Good Morning all. I wake up to a smooth cup of joe, the morning news, and a feeling that good things will happen today.

After reading the news, it strikes me that the Muslim fanatic is described as being 'obsessed' with gays and homosexuality in nearly every article I read.

I'm shocked to discover he didn't post at FR. Such a bunch of extreme, vulgar homophobes with repressed urges (ala Jeff Gannon)!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Better go read the Declaration once again.  The belief in God and accountability to Him and his teachings, the freedom to express religion and the sancitity of life are how the Foundational documents of this country are based.  That is social conservatism, and its hallmark is morality.

Therefore could you please provide the quotes from the Declaration, about homosexuality, abortion, marriage, drugs, dancing, or showing ankles ?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

Therefore could you please provide the quotes from the Declaration, about homosexuality, abortion, marriage, drugs, dancing, or showing ankles ?

Ahhhh...you just ain't got no principles....  ^-^

Just ask #NeverTrump, they'll tell you straight up.

Offline LMAO

If there is one issue that could boost Trump's campaign, this is it. Hillary promises to bring more and more of this ideology into the country with its predictable results. What we have been seeing in this country in the last several years with the rise of Jihad is just a prelude to what we can expect in the future if we don't change many aspects of our immigration policies. What is happening in Europe, IMO, is now irreversible without violence
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

The Founding Fathers as well as the Framers had at the very least a belief in a "Higher Power".

A belief in God means a belief in the teachings of the Bible.  And the Bible is very clear about most of what you ask about.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:14:31 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
So,  I guess there's another "ongoing investigation"?

Offline RoosGirl

He donated big bucks to Rahm Emmanuel and got mega-tax breaks almost equal to the value of the building.... taxpayers will pick up the tab of course

Same in NYC where his main building has about a $160 million tax abatement.

Other small and medium businesses do not get deals like this.

That's not what I would call a tax break.  In my book that's called a bribe.

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: USA TODAY

URL: http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/crime/2016/06/12/who-omar-mateen/85791280/

by: Anthony Westbury, Nicole Rodriguez, Elliot Jones

EXCERPT ONLY

A former Fort Pierce police officer who once worked with 29-year-old Omar Mateen, the assailant in an Orlando nightclub shooting that left at least 50 dead, said he was "unhinged and unstable."

Daniel Gilroy said he worked the 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. shift with G4S Security at the south gate at PGA Village for several months in 2014-15. Mateen took over from him for a 3 to 11 p.m. shift.

Gilroy, a former Fort Pierce police officer, said Mateen frequently made homophobic and racial comments. Gilroy said he complained to his employer several times but it did nothing because he was Muslim. Gilroy quit after he said Mateen began stalking him via multiple text messages — 20 or 30 a day. He also sent Gilroy 13 to 15 phone messages a day, he said.

"I quit because everything he said was toxic," Gilroy said Sunday, "and the company wouldn't do anything. This guy was unhinged and unstable. He talked of killing people."

Gilroy said this shooting didn't come as a surprise to him.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:59:55 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline LMAO

Political Correctness is the kid brother of Multi culturalism.

And both are killing any nation that chooses to adopt them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
And yet the FBI cleared him in background checks and allowed him to purchase weapons last week.
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline skeeter

Well the obvious solution here is to further restrict firearms ownership.

Thanks Uncle Sam, for keeping us safe!

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: REUTERS

URL: http://in.reuters.com/article/florida-shooting-isis-idINKCN0YZ0WV

by: Omar Fahmy; Writing by Asma Alsharif; Editing by Catherine Evans

Islamic State claimed responsibility on Monday for the shooting that killed at least 50 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando Florida, in an official broadcast on the group's Albayan Radio.

"One of the Caliphate's soldiers in America carried out a security invasion where he was able to enter a crusader gathering at a nightclub for homosexuals in Orlando, Florida ... where he killed and injured more than a hundred of them before he was killed," the group said in its broadcast.

Offline SirLinksALot

MORE HERE: http://www.businessinsider.com/omar-mateen-saudi-uae-umrah-2016-6

EXCERPT:

The Orlando nightclub gunman made two trips to Saudi Arabia between 2011 and 2012 for the Muslim religious pilgrimage known as Umrah, NBC reported Monday.

A US official told CNN's Jim Sciutto that the gunman also traveled to the United Arab Emirates around that time.

"Orlando shooter traveled to Saudi Arabia and UAE in 2011-12, US official tells me," Sciutto tweeted. " Saudi Arabia interior ministry adds that he went for the Umrah, the lesser religious pilgrimage that can take place any time of year."

Offline r9etb

If there is one issue that could boost Trump's campaign, this is it. Hillary promises to bring more and more of this ideology into the country with its predictable results.

Perhaps, though I have my doubts.  Remember that the media no longer report news: they create and maintain a narrative.

You can already see the two or three narratives being spun here: The first is that it's an anti-LGBT thing, with the ISIS link being downplayed (which supports Hillary); and, "Trump's again showing his irresponsible mouth" (which again helps Hillary). 

There's also the old standby, that it's a gun control thing (which again supports Hillary).

The ISIS link isn't exactly missing in the news, of course, but if you look at the headlines and social-media narratives that's not the main point, or even a secondary one.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Perhaps, though I have my doubts.  Remember that the media no longer report news: they create and maintain a narrative.

You can already see the two or three narratives being spun here: The first is that it's an anti-LGBT thing, with the ISIS link being downplayed (which supports Hillary); and, "Trump's again showing his irresponsible mouth" (which again helps Hillary). 

There's also the old standby, that it's a gun control thing (which again supports Hillary).

The ISIS link isn't exactly missing in the news, of course, but if you look at the headlines and social-media narratives that's not the main point, or even a secondary one.

Islamic State claims responsibility for Orlando nightclub shooting - Albayan radio

http://in.reuters.com/article/florida-shooting-isis-idINKCN0YZ0WV

When ISIS claims responsibility....it's settled.

ISIS:  Obama's Legacy.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

CAIR Responds To Pulse Massacre By Ejecting Reporter From Press Conference

http://www.alipac.us/f12/cair-responds-pulse-massacre-ejecting-reporter-press-conference-333616/

by NEIL MUNRO
    12 Jun 2016

The most prominent advocacy group for orthodox radical Islam in the United States threatened Friday to have a Breitbart reporter arrested if he did not leave its soon-to-start public press conference about the bloody Pulse massacre of at least 50 gay Americans by an American Muslim.

Breitbart had gone to CAIR’s Pulse press conference to ask what steps Islamic groups are taking to distance American Muslims from orthodox Islamic scripture which frequently and clearly urge the expulsion, humiliation and the murder of homosexuals.

The press conference was to be held Friday at 5 pm by the Council for American-Islamic Relations at their Capitol Hill headquarters.

CAIR has been declared a terrorist organization by the United Arab Emirates and was named by federal prosecutors as an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas-funding operation.

But before the event began, CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper told the Breitbart reporter to leave. When the Breitbart reporter asked for an explanation, Hooper told an aide to “Call the police.”

“We have a person in our building that we asked to leave, and they’re not leaving,” the deputy said into his phone.

Breitbart respects property rights, and left without bother.

The ejection is not a surprise. This is the second time this reporter has been kept out of a CAIR press conference, and the second time he has been told to leave CAIR’s headquarters.

Breitbart has frequently noted that the CAIR group is so closely entwined with Islamists and with jihadis that court documents and news reports show that at least five of its people — either board members, employees or former employees — have been jailed or repatriated for various financial and terror-related offenses.

Breitbart has also published evidence highlighted by critics showing that CAIR was named an unindicted co-conspirator in a Texas-based criminal effort to deliver $12 million to the Jew-hating HAMAS jihad group, that CAIR was founded with $490,000 from HAMAS, and that the FBI bans top-level meetings with CAIR officials. “The FBI policy restricting a formal relationship with CAIR remains … [but] does not preclude communication regarding investigative activity or allegations of civil rights violations,” said an Oct. 2015 email from FBI spokesman Christopher Allen.

In 2009, a federal judge concluded that “the government has produced ample evidence to establish the associations of CAIR… with Hamas.”

The Pulse massacre garishly highlighted Islam’s routine contempt for no-Muslim groups — and tore open a 2016 hole in the Democrats’ effort to expand their ideologically incoherent alliance of elite progressives, insistently libertarian gays and clannish Muslim leadership groups. In February, for example, President Barack Obama conducted some progressive outreach to Muslims groups by visiting an orthodox mosque in Baltimore where he met with a Islamic preacher who says status for gays is incompatible with Islam.

While progressives demand that the state should impose sweeping changes on civic society to forcefully raise the social status of gays, and even of children who claim to be transgender, Islam simply demands contempt, punishment and even death towards anyone who engages in gay sex.

For example, orthodox Muslims believe the Koran is a perfect transcription of a divine and unchangeable book of commandments from Allah. In Verse 80 of Book 7, for example, Allah declares that “For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds … [In Sodom and Gomorrah] we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): Then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime!”

Orthodox Muslims also say the reputed founder of Islam, Muhammad, was perfect and should be emulated by all Muslims. His statements are written up as the Hadiths, where he is shown as urging the death of homosexuals. For example, a collection of sayings by Abu Dawud records one tale “Narrated By Abdullah ibn Abbas : The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot’s people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done.”

Here’s a debate between a gay Muslim and an orthodox Islamic cleric.

In contrast, Catholics officially abhor homosexuality as a waste of God-given potential, but also postpone divine judgement to the hereafter because of their 2,000 year-old doctrine separating church and state. On Earth, “the Church seeks to enable every person to live out the universal call to holiness. Persons with a homosexual inclination ought to receive every aid and encouragement to embrace this call personally and fully. This will unavoidably involve much struggle and self-mastery, for following Jesus always means following the way of the Cross,” says the Catholic Church.

On Sunday, after the massacre of 50 gays by a Muslim — also a registered Democrat — the political groups that claim to lead Muslims in America rushed into action.

For example, the top religious organization for Muslims living in the United States, the Fiqh Council of North America, issued a press release condemning the massacre. The press release, which was titled, “religious extremism,” tried to minimize the role of Islam;

The Fiqh Council of North America issues unqualified condemnation of the barbaric acts of Orlando shooter who senselessly killed and injured scores of innocent people. The heinous crimes of this mentally unstable person are absolutely against the teachings and values of Islam. The Holy Qur’an equates killing of one innocent soul with the killing of all humanity. There is no justification whatsoever in the Qur’an for violence against any group regardless of religion, color, creed or sexual orientation. Almighty God has dignified all human beings due to their common origin regardless of their religious, ethnic or sexual orientation.

But a press release has no standing under Islamic law.

“Traditionalist Muslims know that this is intended to deceive unbelievers, and [they] don’t take it seriously,” said Robert Spencer, an expert on Islam who runs the JihadWatch website. Traditionalist Muslims “know that the claim that ‘There is no justification whatsoever in the Qur’an for violence against any group regardless of religion, color, creed or sexual orientation’ is absolutely risible, and contradicted by numerous Qur’an verses (including 2:191, 4:89, 9:5, 9:29, 47:4, etc.),” Spencer said in a statement to Breitbart News.

But “if the Fiqh Council did [write a fatwa recognizing the equal status of gays], it would be denounced as engaging in bid’a — innovation — and threatened by other Muslims … [because] if Muhammad said x and a Muslim says not-x now, then yes, the punishment is death,” Spencer said.

On Sunday night, the Fiqh Council’s website did not provide an email address for further inquiries.

In contrast, the Muslim Public Affairs Committee — which seems to have close ties to Obama’s deputies — actually referred to the reality that the 50 dead were mostly gays and lesbians, although it did also claim that Islam endorses at least some categories of “civil rights.”

MPAC and many other American Muslim groups around the country have strong ties with LGBTQ communities and groups, and have worked together to oppose hate, intolerance, and bullying which impacts both of our communities.

As we all grapple with this senseless tragedy and we learn more about the motives and facts of the case, we will be reaching out to LGBTQ communities with condolences and solidarity. As President Obama said at his press conference this afternoon, let us stand together in our grief and outrage, and our solidarity with the victims and their families.

As Muslims, we believe in religious freedom, civil rights, and human rights. We reject violence, hatred, and discrimination toward anyone on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin. We support civil rights for all people. May God guide us all as we strive in His cause.”

The Miami Herald printed a vague quote-free report on the CAIR press conference at 5.20 pm, shortly after the Breitbart reporter was ejected.

American Muslim leaders are condemning the attack on a gay nightclub in Orlando that killed 50 people and wounded more than 50 others.

Nihad Awad, the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, called the killings a hate crime and said the group has no tolerance for extremism of any kind.

A law enforcement official has said the gunman, Omar Mateen, called 911 from the nightclub and expressed allegiance to an Islamic State leader.

Awad says members of the LGBT community have stood with Muslims in the past and today they stand that community.

Awad has a long history of pro-HAMAS statements, according to critics. CAIR has posted its defense online.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ulse-massacre/

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:20:38 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline r9etb

Islamic State claims responsibility for Orlando nightclub shooting - Albayan radio
When ISIS claims responsibility....it's settled.

ISIS:  Obama's Legacy.

Yes, but we're talking about narrative here.  The media most people are looking at, are pushing this as an anti-gay thing (which it is, actually).  "Oh, the Tony Awards" this, and so on.

To dig to any depths about the Jihadists involved would not serve the narrative. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

True. But the narrative really only plays to Liberals and colleges etc. There is nothing the media can shove down the throat of America, even though they will try, that will convince middle America that this was anything other than ISIS/Islamic inspired terrorism.

He just happened to pick the place that pissed him off the most. If he had been more antisemitic than anti-gay, he would have shot up a synagogue. If he had been pissed at his boss or his coworkers, he would have shot them, and on and on like that. My experience is that Muslims do not really care much about who they are killing, even if it is fellow Muslims. It makes little difference to them.

My experience in the M.E. has taught me through grim experience, that Muslims, especially Muslims with weapons, are very unpredictable. They can be your best friend one minute, offering you tea and bread, and then shooting at you the next minute. Just ask the people in San Bernardino about that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

The media can spin all they want but let's not forget that the media does not control the narrative like they once did. Trust in the news media is at an all time low. And people can and do seek alternative sources of news outside the Dinosaur Media
I also don't believe turning this into a gun control issue will help Hillary. Pushing gun control while at the same time promising to bring more Islam to America isn't going to be a winning issue
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:32:39 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: ZERO HEDGE

URL: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-12/orlando-shooter-worked-security-company-which-tranports-illegal-immigrants-deep-insi

In a surprising discovery, the Palm Beach Post first reported that according to state records, Orlando shooter Omar Mateen - who as we reported earlier was licensed as a security guard and also holds a firearms license - was employed by the US subsidiary of G4S plc, a British multinational security services company, whose US-headquarters are located in Jupiter, Fla, and which also happens to be the world's largest security company by revenue.

Shortly thereafter, G4S confirmed that Omar Mateen has worked for the company since 2007. This is the statement released from G4S:

“We are shocked and saddened by the tragic event that occurred at the Orlando nightclub. We can confirm that Omar Mateen had been employed with G4S since September 10, 2007. We are cooperating fully with all law enforcement authorities, including the FBI, as they conduct their investigation. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the friends, families and people affected by this unspeakable tragedy.”

In other words, Mateen who according to preliminary reports, had been on a terrorist watchlist, and who still managed to obtain weapons thanks to his various licenses and permits just last week, was employed by one of the world's largest security companies, where he may have had extensive clearances well above his pay grade, not to mention access to sophisticated military weapons and equipment.

But where it gets more disturbing is that as Judicial Watch reported several days ago, in a post titled, "DHS Quietly Moving, Releasing Vanloads Of Illegal Aliens Away From Border", border patrol sources said that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was quietly transporting illegal immigrants from the Mexican border to Phoenix and releasing them without proper processing or issuing court appearance documents. As a reminder, the government classifies them as Other Than Mexican (OTM) and this week around 35 were transferred 116 miles north from Tucson to a Phoenix bus station where they went their separate way. Judicial Watch was present when one of the white vans carrying a group of OTMs arrived at the Phoenix Greyhound station on Buckeye Road.

And this is where the Mateen-G4S link emerges: as JW reported previously, a security company contracted by the U.S. government is driving the OTMs from the Border Patrol’s Tucson Sector where they were in custody to Phoenix, sources said. The firm is the abovementioned G4S, the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in more than 100 countries and 610,000 employees. G4S has more than 50,000 employees in the U.S. and its domestic headquarters is in Jupiter, Florida.

Judicial Watch noted that it had filed a number of public records requests to get more information involving the arrangement between G4S and the government, specifically the transport of illegal immigrants from the Mexican border to other parts of the country. The photo below shows the uniformed G4S guard that transported the OTMs this week from Tucson to Phoenix.

Outraged Border Patrol agents and supervisors on the front lines say illegal immigrants are being released in droves because there’s no room to keep them in detention. “They’re telling us to put them on a bus and let them go,” said one law enforcement official in Arizona. “Just move those bodies across the country.” Officially, DHS denies this is occurring and in fact earlier this year U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner R. Gil Kerlikowske blasted Border Patrol union officials for denouncing this dangerous catch-and-release policy.

Kerlikowske’s scolding came in response to the congressional testimony of Bandon Judd, chief of the National Border Patrol Council, the labor union that represents line agents. Judd told lawmakers on the House Judiciary Committee that illegal immigrants without serious criminal convictions can be released immediately and disappear into the shadows. Kerlikowske shot back, telling a separate congressional committee: “I would not stand by if the Border Patrol was — releasing people without going through all of the formalities.

Offline r9etb

The media can spin all they want but let's not forget that the media does not control the narrative like they once did. Trust in the news media is at an all time low. And people can and do seek alternative sources of news outside the Dinosaur Media

Nevertheless, if you look at the coverage you can see my point.  The media and the Democrats are working together to create the "anti-gay attack" narrative.  Obama was explicit about it.  And don't forget that most people's idea of "news" is governed by the headlines they see on website sidebars.  They've already broken out the "rainbow heart" thing for people to put over their Facebook avatars.

I also don't believe turning this into a gun control issue will help Hillary. Pushing gun control while at the same time promising to bring more Islam to America isn't going to be a winning issue

You're projecting here.  The buzzards have already jumped on the gun control bandwagon again, so that's in full cry.   They're trying to push that narrative, too.  Probably they won't change too many minds, but they may well shore up some of Hillary's lagging support among Bernie supporters.