Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 55054 times)

Offline WAC

Shooters Employer responds:

Global security firm, G4S, confirmed that he worked for the company since 2007:   

'We are shocked and saddened by the tragic event that occurred at the Orlando nightclub,' a statement by the company reads.

'We can confirm that Omar Mateen had been employed with G4S since September 10, 2007. We are cooperating fully with all law enforcement authorities, including the FBI, as they conduct their investigation.

'Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the friends, families and people affected by this unspeakable tragedy.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637797/Orlando-gay-club-shooter-Omar-Mateen-investigated-TWICE-FBI.html

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Shooters Employer responds:

Global security firm, G4S, confirmed that he worked for the company since 2007:   

'We are shocked and saddened by the tragic event that occurred at the Orlando nightclub,' a statement by the company reads.

'We can confirm that Omar Mateen had been employed with G4S since September 10, 2007. We are cooperating fully with all law enforcement authorities, including the FBI, as they conduct their investigation.

'Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the friends, families and people affected by this unspeakable tragedy.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637797/Orlando-gay-club-shooter-Omar-Mateen-investigated-TWICE-FBI.html

Isn't it uncanny....might not be the right word...I can think of others....that it's the UK Daily Mail that is the quickest on the draw all the time?

Not the Washington Post...not CNN...not even FOXNEWS.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The guy in LA had Indiana license plates or something. So, who knows?!

I just looked up the story, nothing further. Maybe somehow there is some explanation and it is harmless.

I have looking for a follow up story on the suspect's ID and there is nothing. You would think if it was harmless, the liberal media would be shouting it from the rooftops. The longer it takes for an ID, the more I think this was another islamist plot.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline flowers

2nd man arrested in LA.

U.S. Senator Ted Cruz issued a statement Sunday regarding the gay nightclub shooting in Orlando.

Ted Cruz’s statement:

“Our nation is at war. From 9/11 to the Boston Marathon, from Fort Hood to Chattanooga, from San Bernardino to last night’s horrific attack in Orlando, radical Islamic terrorism has declared jihad on America,” Sen. Cruz said. “Early reports indicate the Orlando terrorist had pledged his allegiance to ISIS, and he had previously been investigated by the FBI. And yet, as with the prior attacks, we were not able to act to stop this act of vicious terrorism that has now murdered 50 and injured more than 50 others.

“Our hearts go out to those killed and wounded last night. Our prayers are with their families, and with all their grieving loved ones.

“It is a time for action. We need a Commander in Chief who will speak the truth, and who will unleash the full force and fury of the American military to utterly destroy ISIS and its affiliates. We need to pass the Expatriate Terrorist Act, so that known ISIS terrorists cannot use U.S. passports to return to America and wage jihad. We need a President who is serious – who will identify the enemy by name and do everything necessary to defeat it.

“The next few days will be sadly predictable. Democrats will try to use this attack to change the subject. As a matter of rigid ideology, far too many Democrats – from Barack Obama to Hillary Clinton – will refuse to utter the words ‘radical Islamic terrorism.’ They will claim this attack, like they claimed every previous attack, was isolated and had nothing to do with the vicious Islamist theology that is daily waging war on us across the globe. And they will try to exploit this terror attack to undermine the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms of law-abiding Americans.

“Enough is enough. What we need is for every American – Democrat and Republican – to come together, abandon political correctness, and unite in defeating radical Islamic terrorism.

“ISIS doesn’t just target soldiers. They don’t just target Republicans. Or Jews. They also target Christians and fellow Muslims. They target each and every one of us. As we saw this morning, they target the gay and lesbian community. Their objective, which they broadcast worldwide, is to murder or forcibly convert every single American.

“For all the Democrats who are loud champions of the gay and lesbian community whenever there is a culture battle waging, now is the opportunity to speak out against an ideology that calls for the murder of gays and lesbians. ISIS and the theocracy in Iran (supported with American taxpayer dollars) regularly murder homosexuals, throwing them from buildings and burying them under rocks. This is wrong, it is evil, and we must all stand against it. Every human being has a right to live according to his or her faith and conscience, and nobody has a right to murder someone who doesn’t share their faith or sexual orientation. If you’re a Democratic politician and you really want to stand for LGBT, show real courage and stand up against the vicious ideology that has targeted our fellow Americans for murder.

“Today, all of America stands in solidarity with the people of Orlando. All of us should lift them up in prayer, demand action, and if you have any information about the Orlando shooter or potential radical Islamic terror plots, please act to keep us safe by using the FBI tips website: https://tips.fbi.gov.”

Offline bilo

Why anyone would think the government will keep us safe is beyond me. The federal government is a bloated, inefficient and ineffective monster. The States need to take back many of its functions.

This is one of the great arguments for owning a gun and knowing how to use it. Law enforcement will show up after the fact and write a very nice report, but when the trouble happens they can't get there fast enough to do anything.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

2nd man arrested in LA.

U.S. Senator Ted Cruz issued a statement Sunday regarding the gay nightclub shooting in Orlando.

Ted Cruz’s statement:

“Our nation is at war. From 9/11 to the Boston Marathon, from Fort Hood to Chattanooga, from San Bernardino to last night’s horrific attack in Orlando, radical Islamic terrorism has declared jihad on America,” Sen. Cruz said. “Early reports indicate the Orlando terrorist had pledged his allegiance to ISIS, and he had previously been investigated by the FBI. And yet, as with the prior attacks, we were not able to act to stop this act of vicious terrorism that has now murdered 50 and injured more than 50 others.

“Our hearts go out to those killed and wounded last night. Our prayers are with their families, and with all their grieving loved ones.

“It is a time for action. We need a Commander in Chief who will speak the truth, and who will unleash the full force and fury of the American military to utterly destroy ISIS and its affiliates. We need to pass the Expatriate Terrorist Act, so that known ISIS terrorists cannot use U.S. passports to return to America and wage jihad. We need a President who is serious – who will identify the enemy by name and do everything necessary to defeat it.

“The next few days will be sadly predictable. Democrats will try to use this attack to change the subject. As a matter of rigid ideology, far too many Democrats – from Barack Obama to Hillary Clinton – will refuse to utter the words ‘radical Islamic terrorism.’ They will claim this attack, like they claimed every previous attack, was isolated and had nothing to do with the vicious Islamist theology that is daily waging war on us across the globe. And they will try to exploit this terror attack to undermine the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms of law-abiding Americans.

“Enough is enough. What we need is for every American – Democrat and Republican – to come together, abandon political correctness, and unite in defeating radical Islamic terrorism.

“ISIS doesn’t just target soldiers. They don’t just target Republicans. Or Jews. They also target Christians and fellow Muslims. They target each and every one of us. As we saw this morning, they target the gay and lesbian community. Their objective, which they broadcast worldwide, is to murder or forcibly convert every single American.

“For all the Democrats who are loud champions of the gay and lesbian community whenever there is a culture battle waging, now is the opportunity to speak out against an ideology that calls for the murder of gays and lesbians. ISIS and the theocracy in Iran (supported with American taxpayer dollars) regularly murder homosexuals, throwing them from buildings and burying them under rocks. This is wrong, it is evil, and we must all stand against it. Every human being has a right to live according to his or her faith and conscience, and nobody has a right to murder someone who doesn’t share their faith or sexual orientation. If you’re a Democratic politician and you really want to stand for LGBT, show real courage and stand up against the vicious ideology that has targeted our fellow Americans for murder.

“Today, all of America stands in solidarity with the people of Orlando. All of us should lift them up in prayer, demand action, and if you have any information about the Orlando shooter or potential radical Islamic terror plots, please act to keep us safe by using the FBI tips website: https://tips.fbi.gov.”

It's such a shame he's not the nominee. He knows who the enemy is and can express it in clear sentences.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Wingnut

The guy is so disjointed when I pointed out to him I did not suggest Muslim refugees be stopped from coming here(although I think it a damn good idea), but using Congress instead of depending upon Obama to do so if warranted.

He also has his head in the sand on another thread when he has suggested Target's $11 billion market value reduction is in no way due to its stand on opening its bathrooms to all genders.

He is not one-dimensional.

Sink is very pro when it comes to the Gay and BLT agenda.  So keep that in mind as you filter his comments.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sink is very pro when it comes to the Gay and BLT agenda.  So keep that in mind as you filter his comments.

That just re-enforces a non-conservative.

One cannot be a conservative if one is not socially conservative.  Period.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WAC

24 shots in 9 second:................ Orlando gunman club massacre

(((( Warning some might find this hard to hear.......)))))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2816735639&feature=iv&src_vid=uaPekvHYX0c&v=VRlixykMZM4

Wingnut

Well I reject that premise.  But whatever floats your boat.  I only made mention of it to lend a bit of insight....

Offline flowers

Donald J. Trump Statement Regarding Tragic Terrorist Attack in Orlando, Florida
donaldjtrump.com, June 12, 2016, Donald J. Trump

Last night, our nation was attacked by a radical Islamic terrorist. It was the worst terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11, and the second of its kind in 6 months. My deepest sympathy and support goes out to the victims, the wounded, and their families.

In his remarks today, President Obama disgracefully refused to even say the words 'Radical Islam'. For that reason alone, he should step down. If Hillary Clinton, after this attack, still cannot say the two words 'Radical Islam' she should get out of this race for the Presidency.

If we do not get tough and smart real fast, we are not going to have a country anymore. Because our leaders are weak, I said this was going to happen – and it is only going to get worse. I am trying to save lives and prevent the next terrorist attack. We can't afford to be politically correct anymore.

The terrorist, Omar Mir Saddique Mateen, is the son of an immigrant from Afghanistan who openly published his support for the Afghanistani Taliban and even tried to run for President of Afghanistan. According to Pew, 99% of people in Afghanistan support oppressive Sharia Law.

We admit more than 100,000 lifetime migrants from the Middle East each year. Since 9/11, hundreds of migrants and their children have been implicated in terrorism in the United States.

Hillary Clinton wants to dramatically increase admissions from the Middle East, bringing in many hundreds of thousands during a first term – and we will have no way to screen them, pay for them, or prevent the second generation from radicalizing.

We need to protect all Americans, of all backgrounds and all beliefs, from Radical Islamic Terrorism - which has no place in an open and tolerant society. Radical Islam advocates hate for women, gays, Jews, Christians and all Americans. I am going to be a President for all Americans, and I am going to protect and defend all Americans. We are going to make America safe again and great again for everyone.

- Donald J. Trump

Offline Charlespg

I responded on your opinion/blog thread as follows:

I would leave the wording to Constitutional attorneys. I would rather define religion more specifically so it is clear that islam is not a religion but rather a political organization and social system that includes the subjugation or death of those who will not follow it, the disparate treatment of women and requires sharia law which is antithetical to Western Civilization and calls for cruel and unusual punishment. There are so many reasons that islam is not a religion in the sense it was meant by our Founders. We managed to develop this nation without a mosque until 1929. The Founders would never have envisioned extending our rights and freedoms to muslims given their writings and efforts against the Barbary pirates.

If we are survive this existential threat where our freedoms are used against us and our government has been infiltrated at its highest levels by the Muslim Brotherhood- we had better clarify the Constitution to better define "religion."
Made the comment years ago on free republic ,that a very strong case can be made for
banning Islam as threat to public order and  safety ,its a totalitarian philosophy  and Arab nationalism  pretending  to be a religion
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline sinkspur

You know, it would be courteous if you pinged me with an @sinkspur when you mention me by name. 

So, to you, "social conservatives" hate gays.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Victoria33

Thank you for posting that.....I said the Father was Lying and I meant it...he is and will continue to do so......as will all Muslims who's family members commit Jihad in our country.
-----------------
The father of Omar Mateen, identified by police as the man behind the carnage at an Orlando nightclub early Sunday morning, is an Afghan man who holds strong political views, including support for the Afghan Taliban.  ...In it, the elder Mateen speaks in the Dari language on a variety of political subjects.  In one video, Mateen expresses gratitude toward the Afghan Taliban, while denouncing the Pakistani government.  “Our brothers in Waziristan, our warrior brothers in [the] Taliban movement and national Afghan Taliban are rising up,” he said. “Inshallah the Durand Line issue will be solved soon.”  The “Durand Line issue” is a historically significant one, particularly for members of the Pashtun ethnic group, whose homeland straddles the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Durand Line is that border. It is not clear whether the Mateens are Pashtun. The Afghan Taliban is mostly made up of Pashtuns. 
@CatherineofAragon
@Bigun

When one cuts out the "extra" language, one is left with Mr. Mateen the elder, Afghan Taliban, Pastun, border between Afghanistan and Pakistan and "president of Afghanistan", if one clicks on a link.   In the 90s, just before Russia quit fighting in Afghanistan, a documentary film about "Afghan Musicians" was made at Peshawar, the Pakistan border city with Afghanistan.  This documentary filmed Afghan "musicians" waiting/living at the border until they could go home again. 

They were actually leaders who would become the Taliban leaders - they were waiting on the border town until Russia was out of Afghanistan.  Bin Laden was also living in Peshawar at the time.  An informant for the CIA was also there.  This film about "musicians" was used to identify friends and foes of the US before and at the time we invaded Afghanistan after the towers fell.  The men in this film are likely friends of the elder Mateen if he has, or is, going to run for president of Afghanistan.  Sometimes a documentary film has a double meaning.

I feel sure the elder Mateen's movements and utterances from his mouth are being watched each second.  If one runs for president of Afghanistan, one would think he would have to be there.  I saw he was running in an earlier year but haven't found a 2016 date yet.  This elder Mateen appears to be a serious problem if he does have these connections to Afghanistan.

My son is a documentary director/producer.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ex-wife of Killer Mateen...Sitora Yusufiy:

She met New York-born Mateen online in 2009.
Within weeks, they decided to marry.
She moved to Florida in March that year, where they wed and moved into a two-bedroom home owned by Mateen's family in Fort Pierce.

At the start of their relationship, she told the Post, he was not particularly religious and was not violent. Despite owning a handgun, she said, the then-21-year-old 'seemed like a normal human being' at first. He was a private person and dedicated much of his time to exercise. But eventually he became violent. 'He was not a stable person,' she told the Post. 'He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn't finished or something like that.' When her parents found out about the beatings just months after the wedding, they staged an intervention and rescued her from the home.

They literally saved my life,' she said.

The woman told the Post she has not had contact with Mateen since they finalized their divorce in 2011.
Talk about poor initial judgment on her part. Thankfully she escaped mostly unharmed from it.

A woman should never rush into a marriage that quickly with a man that secretive. I am a firm believer in the notion that you have to build a relationship over at least several months, usually years, before you get to that point. But weeks? With that kind of personality that screams of having secrets to hide? That should have set off huge red flags in her head, but alas it didn't.

(Disclaimer: this unsolicited piece of relationship advice brought to you by a lifelong bachelor.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Isn't it uncanny....might not be the right word...I can think of others....that it's the UK Daily Mail that is the quickest on the draw all the time?

Not the Washington Post...not CNN...not even FOXNEWS.

That is because foreign papers can publish information as it is breaking. U.S. MSM media outlet have to go through an Army of people and levels to get approval before they can publish anything. And ultimately at the highest level everything they say first passes through the White House for final approval before it can be published, in my opinion.

This Orwellian/Soviet style of press control in America these days accounts for the delay. That is why foreign papers will frequently be first with the scoop. Once the internet becomes controlled by the unknown powers that be, all information about everything will come out all at the same time, and it will all say the same thing. That is their goal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

Orlando Killer Worked For Company Transporting Illegal Immigrants Inside US; Was Interviewed By FBI

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-12/orlando-shooter-worked-security-company-which-tranports-illegal-immigrants-deep-insi

Offline WAC

SWAT Team opens fire.....

WArning..Rapid fire some might find difficulty hearing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_3oMUfcCGc

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Made the comment years ago on free republic ,that a very strong case can be made for
banning Islam as threat to public order and  safety ,its a totalitarian philosophy  and Arab nationalism  pretending  to be a religion

And you are so right. The Founders would not give Constitutional protections to a totalitarian movement that is antithetical to our Judeo-Christian values. First US mosque in 1929 gives us a clue here!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online LMAO

The director for the Center on American Progress is tweeting up a storm blaming this on the NRA and lack of gun control laws.

That's because to place the blame were it really belongs, radical Islam, would require them to oppose one of the pillars of progressivism and that's multi culturalism.

It doesn't sell with the general public but progressives live in a different world than most Americans on not just this issue but many others
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline flowers

That is because foreign papers can publish information as it is breaking. U.S. MSM media outlet have to go through an Army of people and levels to get approval before they can publish anything. And ultimately at the highest level everything they say first passes through the White House for final approval before it can be published, in my opinion.

This Orwellian/Soviet style of press control in America these days accounts for the delay. That is why foreign papers will frequently be first with the scoop. Once the internet becomes controlled by the unknown powers that be, all information about everything will come out all at the same time, and it will all say the same thing. That is their goal.

Yes it is their goal. One of thousands they will get too at this rate.  **nononono*

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

To deny gun ownership based on being such a list would be to deny the right to keep and bear arms without due process.

@Cyber Liberty

...and lefties would put TEA partiers on every list they could find.

Offline WAC

Donald J. Trump Statement Regarding Tragic Terrorist Attack in Orlando, Florida
donaldjtrump.com, June 12, 2016, Donald J. Trump

The terrorist, Omar Mir Saddique Mateen, is the son of an immigrant from Afghanistan who openly published his support for the Afghanistani Taliban and even tried to run for President of Afghanistan.

- Donald J. Trump

Once AGAIN Trump screws up the facts big time.......That's his father who published support for Taliban and ran for President....not the shooter.......................Whoever is giving him information either he's not listening or they aren't getting it right........

We CANNOT have these mistakes on issues and events as, this as Trump keeps on making...his credibility as Presidential material is zero as far as I'm concerned. He just doesn't get it!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
You know, it would be courteous if you pinged me with an @sinkspur when you mention me by name. 

So, to you, "social conservatives" hate gays.

Sink; I think when you realize that Trump's policy could have actually prevented this bloodbath, you will lower your criticism of him.

People can not load off statements like Conservatives don't object to this, Muslims and Gays are beloved by the Left and so, in a sense, one of those two groups did this horrible deed.

Offline r9etb

Once AGAIN Trump screws up the facts big time.......

Well, not exactly.  Poor sentence structure aside, if you read it carefully Trump is talking about the father. 

The problem is that Trump is yelling about it at all, right now.  There's a time to discuss it -- tomorrow at the earliest.  To do it now, while the bodies are still warm, is ghoulish.

Another example, if one were needed, of Trump's lack of mouth/twitter control.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:26:35 pm by r9etb »