Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 55107 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Bilo wrote above (in response to Oceander):
"The underlying problem is islam. It teaches violence. It promotes doing violence. Our law enforcement receives little support from muslims and little information about what is going on inside mosques. While a majority of muslims are not going to go out and do violence there is no condemnation of it, or aggressive attempt to stop those that promote it or do it.
Ending immigration from muslim nations would be no different than not allowing large waves of immigrants from communist bloc countries into the USA during the cold war years."

Thanks for posting that, Bilo.

As I read the responses here, I'm gratified by how many forum members see islam for what it is -- in spite of attempts of a few here to defend it. It's obvious from reading above who those folks are.

But we must go beyond "seeing islam for what it is", and begin to consider what we as a civilization must do in order to defend ourselves from islam's onslaught.

You won't find many on this forum (or on other conservative forums) offering such suggestions. But I'm one of those unafraid to do so.
Aside:
Just today, I was branded "a nazi" in another thread for posting my thoughts on this subject.

Of course, the number one priority of The West is that muslims in dar al-harb must be returned to dar al-islam. To allow them to remain here, is the cultural equivalent of allowing known cancer cells (that might otherwise be excised) to remain in one's body. Perhaps those cells appear to be benign at the moment. But a moment later, they can metastasize into a clear and present danger to one's life.

Further, we need to recognize that one of our most cherished tenets of Western freedom makes us totally vulnerable to islam. That is to say, our notion that all are "equal", and that all religions deserve equal protection. This is a noble idea, but our refusal to modify it in the face of islam's putsch will give the enemy the very tools by which he (muhammed) will defeat us.

That's why I've proposed that this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

...must be changed to this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The followers of muhammed are specifically excluded and denied the protections of this amendment along with any and all other Constitutional protections. Neither the United States nor the Several States will offer such protections or liberties to the followers of muhammed."

Considering our egalitarian past, it hurts somewhat to entertain even the possibility that such a change to our most fundamental (is that the best word to use in a thread like this?) beliefs is necessary.

But it's becoming a matter of raw survival.

islam is a raging fire that threatens to consume the entire world.
Our only chance is to fight back with a fire of greater intensity.
If we are unwilling to do so, we risk losing our culture, our faiths... and our lives.

I want The West to survive.
How about you?

I responded on your opinion/blog thread as follows:

I would leave the wording to Constitutional attorneys. I would rather define religion more specifically so it is clear that islam is not a religion but rather a political organization and social system that includes the subjugation or death of those who will not follow it, the disparate treatment of women and requires sharia law which is antithetical to Western Civilization and calls for cruel and unusual punishment. There are so many reasons that islam is not a religion in the sense it was meant by our Founders. We managed to develop this nation without a mosque until 1929. The Founders would never have envisioned extending our rights and freedoms to muslims given their writings and efforts against the Barbary pirates.

If we are survive this existential threat where our freedoms are used against us and our government has been infiltrated at its highest levels by the Muslim Brotherhood- we had better clarify the Constitution to better define "religion."

Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

Some idiot was at a press conference blaming Christians, conservative politicians and everyone besides Muslims for this.

wow

Wingnut

Don't know about you guys...But that sign ..you know, sure make me feel better.

Offline austingirl

Some idiot was at a press conference blaming Christians, conservative politicians and everyone besides Muslims for this.

wow

This is what we are up against- islam is an existential threat to our nation and way of life. It is imperative to remove islam from protection as a religion under the Constitution. Our current pResident and his potential replacement both have handlers from the Muslim brotherhood.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

wow

Some idiot  leftist was at a press conference blaming Christians, conservative politicians and everyone besides Muslims for this.

It's a mental disease really.

Online Right_in_Virginia

FBI knew of the Shooter in 2013. Same year as The Boston Attack.

ATF also just said he legally purchased his weapons in this past week.

So FBI knew he was a problem, yet AFT let him buy weapons.

I'd like to know also how someone on the FBI terrorist watch list could pass a background check.

Offline TomSea

This is what we are up against- islam is an existential threat to our nation and way of life. It is imperative to remove islam from protection as a religion under the Constitution. Our current pResident and his potential replacement both have handlers from the Muslim brotherhood.

Because as many say, it is a "Theocracy" NOT a religion.

Offline musiclady

I have many books in my library relating to Islam and Muslims, both those who have converted and otherwise.

But you cannot depend on these puplished books alone to convert people in THIS country. They are here to convert you.

I'm not.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline austingirl

On Fox News now speculation about why the islamist perp was allowed to keep his job and have firearms when he had a known history of threats to his co-workers.

Offline TomSea

On Fox News now speculation about why the islamist perp was allowed to keep his job and have firearms when he had a known history of threats to his co-workers.

And that's a good question that I think a few of us thought of.

Offline austingirl

And that's a good question that I think a few of us thought of.

And some people expect the federal government to keep them safe- what a delusion.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd like to know also how someone on the FBI terrorist watch list could pass a background check.

Being put on a watch list is done without due cause and an ability to fight it in a court of law.  Some administrator simply puts a name on the list, the person doesn't even know they're on it, and therefore cannot exercise his right to a trial.

To deny gun ownership based on being such a list would be to deny the right to keep and bear arms without due process.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Charlespg

There has been no ID of the LA perp which is suspicious. PC.
Very  suspicious
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

debrawiest

OMG...heartbreaking.

Can you even imagine the pain..the angst?

I cannot even fathom. This is sad on so many different levels. My heart grieves.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Mateen was not a refugee.  What point would there be in passing a law halting the flow of refugees, except as a lashing-out against Muslims?

Go to the original poster and admonish him instead.

Good grief, you are lashing out at me for suggesting Congress use its authority instead of the President.

What hole are you hiding in to say what you say?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

And some people expect the federal government to keep them safe- what a delusion.
When Islamists hold high paying jobs in that administration,  too (yeah, I mean you, Barack and Valerie).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Charlespg

Being put on a watch list is done without due cause and an ability to fight it in a court of law.  Some administrator simply puts a name on the list, the person doesn't even know they're on it, and therefore cannot exercise his right to a trial.

To deny gun ownership based on being such a list would be to deny the right to keep and bear arms without due process.
This talk of gun control  is pointless

bet more then one rpg  or full auto  has been smuggled in the us by muslims coming from Mexico
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline WAC

Ex-wife of Killer Mateen...Sitora Yusufiy:

She met New York-born Mateen online in 2009.
Within weeks, they decided to marry.
She moved to Florida in March that year, where they wed and moved into a two-bedroom home owned by Mateen's family in Fort Pierce.

At the start of their relationship, she told the Post, he was not particularly religious and was not violent. Despite owning a handgun, she said, the then-21-year-old 'seemed like a normal human being' at first. He was a private person and dedicated much of his time to exercise. But eventually he became violent. 'He was not a stable person,' she told the Post. 'He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn't finished or something like that.' When her parents found out about the beatings just months after the wedding, they staged an intervention and rescued her from the home.

They literally saved my life,' she said.

The woman told the Post she has not had contact with Mateen since they finalized their divorce in 2011.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637857/My-parents-saved-life-Orlando-gunman-s-ex-wife-reveals-beat-not-doing-household-chores-survived-mother-father-intervened.html

Offline TomSea

Very  suspicious

The guy in LA had Indiana license plates or something. So, who knows?!

I just looked up the story, nothing further. Maybe somehow there is some explanation and it is harmless.

Offline TomSea

Mateen was not a refugee.  What point would there be in passing a law halting the flow of refugees, except as a lashing-out against Muslims?

All the same, he was radicalized. A good case can be made 1st and 2nd generation Muslims are doing this; as if somehow, it is a good talking point for refugees to say they didn't do it. I'm not calling anyone leftist or liberal but I do know this is a talking point they use.

Sinkspur doesn't want anything to happen that would give credence to a certain political candidate.   His sole purpose here for the last 9 months has been to ....well....you know what I mean.   

That said, it appears he was a natural born citizen.   However, ISIS publicly warned 3 days ago that they were going to attack in Florida.

Can't have it both ways, @sinkspur .

The guy is so disjointed when I pointed out to him I did not suggest Muslim refugees be stopped from coming here(although I think it a damn good idea), but using Congress instead of depending upon Obama to do so if warranted.

He also has his head in the sand on another thread when he has suggested Target's $11 billion market value reduction is in no way due to its stand on opening its bathrooms to all genders.

He is not one-dimensional.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline flowers

It seems it was Latino night at the club.

Offline bilo

I have many books in my library relating to Islam and Muslims, both those who have converted and otherwise.

But you cannot depend on these puplished books alone to convert people in THIS country. They are here to convert you.

You're absolutely right, but it is good to be armed with information. In my experience most people don't know that in islam it is okay to lie about islam, or your faith, if in the end it advances islam. As a result most people will believe some nicely dressed polite man who says that these terrorists don't really represent islam. The more you learn the better prepared you are to deal with the ignorant who are supposed to be with us.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

I believe the reference to knee-jerk was to getting an immediate law blocking Muslim refugees (or migrants generally) because this guy was not a migrant, he was American born and bred.  Hometown terrorist, if you will.

Then he needs to attack the poster who suggested doing it.  I simply said that if one does it, do not go to a brain-dead administration, but do it through Congress.

Offline TomSea

It seems it was Latino night at the club.

I heard that. I also saw one picture where someone at the bar was in fact, a cross-dressing male like I guess a drag queen but, so it goes, I'm very sorry for all of those affected by this and the poor families of the deceased and injured.  This cross-dresser was a survivor.

Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:53:15 pm by TomSea »