Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 55061 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/283191-ex-wife-of-suspect-in-orlando-attacks-he-beat-me

Ex-wife of suspect in Orlando attack: 'He beat me'

Yeah, he beat her because in islam, it is fine to beat her. The book probably includes directions for how to do so.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Omar Mateen Terrorist was 29-Year-Old Islamic Radical (PHOTO)

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/12/terrorist-omar-mateen-gay-nightclub-murder/

11:15 AM PT -- There are now reports Omar Mateen pledged his allegiance to ISIS before carrying out the deadly shooting in Orlando.update_grey_gray_barThe killer in the Orlando nightclub slaughter is 29-year-old Omar Mateen.  TMZ has done a records search and found he held a Florida security officer license and a state firearms license.

0612-omar-mateen-nypd-shirts-MYSPACE-01

He's an American citizen and he has family that are not -- his parents are Afghan.  Authorities say he was a terrorist and was targeting gays.  They say in addition to terrorism this is a hate crime.

Authorities also believe he is part of the radical Islam movement, although they do not know if it was an organized attack or if he was a lone wolf.   Authorities also believe Mateen specifically targeted a gay club.

Mateen's father told NBC News, "This has nothing to do with religion."  He says his son became angry after seeing 2 men kissing a few months ago in Miami, and he speculates that could have triggered his decision to kill. 

Law enforcement says Mateen was well prepared, with an assault weapon, a handgun and 2 suspicious devices.

The NYPD tells TMZ, Mateen has no association with the department, and that the shirts he was photographed in were unofficial garments that could be purchased at any store.

50 people were murdered and another 53 injured inside Pulse nightclub in Orlando.  It's the biggest slaughter at the hands of a gunman in American history.

Take a look at the pic below ... it's a police helmet with a bullet hole.  The helmet saved the officer's life, although he suffered facial injuries.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Charlie Spiering ‏@charliespiering 6s6 seconds ago

Obama vows to “follow the facts” of terrorist attack - but made no mention of connection to radical Islamic terrorism or ISIS
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

To me, it looks like the police handled this adequately, the Jerusalem Post article reads that a policeman was in fact inside the bar when the shooting started. The policeman may have been working security and exchanged fire. So, we will have to see what the time line is. If fire was exchanged early, then, I'd think so many people would not have had to die.

@TomSea @Chieftain

If they didn't handle it properly, it wasn't for lack of "cool" gear.

Offline flowers

Yeah, he beat her because in islam, it is fine to beat her. The book probably includes directions for how to do so.
True.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
These kinds of things will happen in this country from time to time with Islam, it will make the Stonewall riots look like a cakewalk.  We'll have these things happen from time to time just like it happens in Europe from time to time.

Offline flowers

Charlie Spiering ‏@charliespiering 6s6 seconds ago

Obama vows to “follow the facts” of terrorist attack - but made no mention of connection to radical Islamic terrorism or ISIS

Pffft!  Since when in the last 7 years has he done that? Follow what is political gain for his agenda is more like it. Facts is something they cannot have. Truth hurts their agenda. **spit**

Offline TomSea

Amazingly, gays here have been told time and again, you are for a party that does nothing about the persecution of gays overseas in places like Iran or what ISIS does.  Now, it's here.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
These kinds of things will happen in this country from time to time with Islam, it will make the Stonewall riots look like a cakewalk.  We'll have these things happen from time to time just like it happens in Europe from time to time.

If we do (and I agree)...it's solely the Obama terms that brought it to us.

Unfettered immigration of Middle Eastern men .....what could go wrong?   /s

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

If we do (and I agree)...it's solely the Obama terms that brought it to us.

Unfettered immigration of Middle Eastern men .....what could go wrong?   /s

A hundred a day is in the news today.

Offline mountaineer

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 27m27 minutes ago

Pres Obama issues proclamation directing flags be flown at half-staff until sunset June 16 to honor victims of Orlando attack.

:#@$%:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bilo

As for evangelizing Muslims you better know full well far far more than just a book on how to Evangelize Muslims. They are attempting to convert you while you do so and will often give you lots of room to chat .....while knowing they're being polite in order to find your weakness.

It takes years for them to come away from Islam. ...often with much struggle. Which most Christians attempting to convert them will not see or know the depths of. Remember they are here to convert you to Islam...it is their foremost Duty.

I have seen good hearted Christians fall into Islam because basically they don't know their own faith well enough to be dancing on the edge with Islamic teachings.......so folks better know the scriptures inside out and not walk quickly into the zone of Islam.

I am aware of the pitfalls you mention. I support missionaries that go into closed countries knowing full well that it may cost them their lives. I have had the opportunity to listen to some of these same missionaries when they've come back after years, or decades overseas. These missionaries are some of the bravest people I've ever met.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline TomSea

CNN had some sort of Pride documentary up this week; showing the struggle for gay rights. Well, I wonder what they think of all this.  We are desensitized, most all of us, if we see this happen over in the Middle East somewhere.

Offline WAC

With all due respect, if you unwittingly "fall" into another religion, then you weren't really committed to your original religion in the first place.

I disagree.....nobody is exempt from being mislead including devout and committed Christians.  Which is why it's significant to remain grounded in your faith.....more than a few have "wandered" from the faith sir......and there will always be others.

Offline TomSea

Yes, we'll have to see what Mosque this shooter went to.

Tunisia is an Islamic nation, at least the population and they shut down over 80 Mosques.

Offline TomSea

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87

The father of Omar Mateen, identified by police as the man behind the carnage at an Orlando nightclub early Sunday morning, is an Afghan man who holds strong political views, including support for the Afghan Taliban.

Seddique Mateen, who has been referred to as Mir Seddique in early news reports, hosted the “Durand Jirga Show” on a channel called Payam-e-Afghan, which broadcasts from California. In it, the elder Mateen speaks in the Dari language on a variety of political subjects. Dozens of videos are posted on a channel under Seddique Mateen's name on YouTube. A phone number and post office box that are displayed on the show were traced back to the Mateen home in Florida. Mateen also owns a nonprofit organization under the name Durand Jirga, which is registered in Port St. Lucie, Fla.

In one video, Mateen expresses gratitude toward the Afghan Taliban, while denouncing the Pakistani government.

“Our brothers in Waziristan, our warrior brothers in [the] Taliban movement and national Afghan Taliban are rising up,” he said. “Inshallah the Durand Line issue will be solved soon.”

The “Durand Line issue” is a historically significant one, particularly for members of the Pashtun ethnic group, whose homeland straddles the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Durand Line is that border. It is not clear whether the Mateens are Pashtun. The Afghan Taliban is mostly made up of Pashtuns.

snip

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/12/orlando-shooting-suspects-father-hosted-a-political-tv-show-and-even-tried-to-run-for-the-afghan-presidency/

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline WAC

Just heard Rubio say that  now "it's Florida's turn".....

The insanity of our politicians to frame this as if every state will have to have "their turn". ...rather than address the FACT Ilsa is at war with this nation.....just as it has been for centuries. What part of "We will kill you" don't they understand??????

Amazing stupidity!

Offline musiclady

As for evangelizing Muslims you better know full well far far more than just a book on how to Evangelize Muslims. They are attempting to convert you while you do so and will often give you lots of room to chat .....while knowing they're being polite in order to find your weakness.

It takes years for them to come away from Islam. ...often with much struggle. Which most Christians attempting to convert them will not see or know the depths of. Remember they are here to convert you to Islam...it is their foremost Duty.

I have seen good hearted Christians fall into Islam because basically they don't know their own faith well enough to be dancing on the edge with Islamic teachings.......so folks better know the scriptures inside out and not walk quickly into the zone of Islam.

I recommend the book, Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi.   It's written by a former Muslim who had a good friend in college, steeped in faith and knowledge of God's word, who eventually led him to Christ.

He lost his family because of his faith.  It's an extremely difficult thing for a Muslim to do.........

But there IS hope!

@WAC
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I am aware of the pitfalls you mention. I support missionaries that go into closed countries knowing full well that it may cost them their lives. I have had the opportunity to listen to some of these same missionaries when they've come back after years, or decades overseas. These missionaries are some of the bravest people I've ever met.

Same here.  And yes, they are!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WAC

The father of Omar Mateen, identified by police as the man behind the carnage at an Orlando nightclub early Sunday morning, is an Afghan man who holds strong political views, including support for the Afghan Taliban.

Seddique Mateen, who has been referred to as Mir Seddique in early news reports, hosted the “Durand Jirga Show” on a channel called Payam-e-Afghan, which broadcasts from California. In it, the elder Mateen speaks in the Dari language on a variety of political subjects. Dozens of videos are posted on a channel under Seddique Mateen's name on YouTube. A phone number and post office box that are displayed on the show were traced back to the Mateen home in Florida. Mateen also owns a nonprofit organization under the name Durand Jirga, which is registered in Port St. Lucie, Fla.

In one video, Mateen expresses gratitude toward the Afghan Taliban, while denouncing the Pakistani government.

“Our brothers in Waziristan, our warrior brothers in [the] Taliban movement and national Afghan Taliban are rising up,” he said. “Inshallah the Durand Line issue will be solved soon.”

The “Durand Line issue” is a historically significant one, particularly for members of the Pashtun ethnic group, whose homeland straddles the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Durand Line is that border. It is not clear whether the Mateens are Pashtun. The Afghan Taliban is mostly made up of Pashtuns.

snip

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/12/orlando-shooting-suspects-father-hosted-a-political-tv-show-and-even-tried-to-run-for-the-afghan-presidency/

Thank you for posting that.....I said the Father was Lying and I meant it...he is and will continue to do so......as will all Muslims who's family members commit Jihad in our country.

Offline WAC

I recommend the book, Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi.   It's written by a former Muslim who had a good friend in college, steeped in faith and knowledge of God's word, who eventually led him to Christ.

He lost his family because of his faith.  It's an extremely difficult thing for a Muslim to do.........

But there IS hope!

@WAC

I have many books in my library relating to Islam and Muslims, both those who have converted and otherwise.

But you cannot depend on these puplished books alone to convert people in THIS country. They are here to convert you.

Offline TomSea

snip

Very damning, the shooter had very radical roots. No surprise.

Offline WAC

Father Of Orlando Terrorist Omar Mateen Is Running For President Of Afghanistan......he supports the Taliban.

Offline WAC

Isis tweeting on Pulse tag.....letting people know what they think....