Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 55055 times)

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.
Although it is considered a foreign country by many, it appears the shooter was born in New York.

Then it should be safe to conclude that the recent imports may never assimilate either, correct?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Omar was a licensed security guard with firearms license

MATEEN, OMAR
D 2723758 ISSUED, EXPIRES 09/14/2017 - https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/access/individual.aspx?TYPE=INDIVIDUAL&CATEGORY=&COUNTY=00&LICENSE=D%202723758&STATUS=IND_DETAIL
G 2704169 ISSUED, EXPIRES 09/13/2017 - https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/access/individual.aspx?TYPE=INDIVIDUAL&CATEGORY=&COUNTY=00&LICENSE=G%202704169&STATUS=IND_DETAIL

Application For Security Officer License - Class "d" (FDACS-16007) [pdf] - http://forms.freshfromflorida.com/16007.pdf
Application For Statewide Firearm License- Class "g" (FDACS-16008) [pdf] - http://forms.freshfromflorida.com/16008.pdf

Oceander

Then it should be safe to conclude that the recent imports may never assimilate either, correct?

No it shouldn't. 

geronl

Obama will blame the NRA probably

Oceander

Omar was a licensed security guard with firearms license

MATEEN, OMAR
D 2723758 ISSUED, EXPIRES 09/14/2017 - https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/access/individual.aspx?TYPE=INDIVIDUAL&CATEGORY=&COUNTY=00&LICENSE=D%202723758&STATUS=IND_DETAIL
G 2704169 ISSUED, EXPIRES 09/13/2017 - https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/access/individual.aspx?TYPE=INDIVIDUAL&CATEGORY=&COUNTY=00&LICENSE=G%202704169&STATUS=IND_DETAIL

Application For Security Officer License - Class "d" (FDACS-16007) [pdf] - http://forms.freshfromflorida.com/16007.pdf
Application For Statewide Firearm License- Class "g" (FDACS-16008) [pdf] - http://forms.freshfromflorida.com/16008.pdf

Which should mean he underwent some sort of a background check as well, correct?

Offline WAC

Blood bank in Crisis so donors lining up to give blood........gays donating and accepted as well.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
No it shouldn't.

Dearborn, Michigan anybody?   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And to counter the "I work with Muslims" statement; I know a fine Egyptian man and he does not care to go to the Mosques here with whatever the deal is . So, take that however.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How does one shooter wound/kill 103 people?

Offline sinkspur

Texas has an idiot for a Lieutenant Governor:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

How does one shooter wound/kill 103 people?

An unarmed crowd.

geronl

Texas has an idiot for a Lieutenant Governor:

what happened

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Which should mean he underwent some sort of a background check as well, correct?

Yep, second set of links.

He is also the type of person the left says should be the only people allowed to own guns.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
As long as there's Mosques, the Koran and Islam are  being promoted and supported in this country there will be attacks.  They do not come here to assimulate and no longer expected to....the Gov. agenda now is that they 'integrate'.....which is a distinction because that is having their communities 'along side ours' and we are to accept this as the new norm.

So right. Islam is antithetical to Judeo-Christian values and ethics. First mosque US  built in Ross, ND in 1929 and the second in Cedar Rapids, Iowa in 1934. Yet Zero tells us islam has been part of the US since its founding. The House of Saud is working towards our destruction.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/16/how-saudi-arabia-undermines-the-united-states/
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
One of the things Trump has been correct about is immigration. We should suspend all immigration from Muslim countries. The shooter was born in the USA, but I don't believe the mosques in the USA would be so radicalized if it weren't for the inflow of radical muslims and dollars from Saudia Arabia.

His parents were muslims that were admitted. That turned out very badly for the 20+ people that would be murdered by their America born son.

What about other relatives, friends/contacts of the couple?  BTW the male San Bernardino shooter was a native born US citizen, too.

Rational minds will see we have a problem, and excuse makers, appeasers, will spin, spin.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RetBobbyMI

Dearborn, Michigan anybody?   :whistle:
Doesn't need to be a Muzzie with a gun, to shoot up people in Detroit.  There are enough black citizens with illegal guns who do that for them.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline sinkspur

what happened

You tell me.  Why would he tweet out something like this?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
ESPN broke in to their regular programming and said this was the worse mass shooting in US history if the number is now 50 plus dead. 53? Maybe they said.

Or did someone say 103 now?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 03:17:26 pm by TomSea »

Offline WAC

That's a stereotype. I work with three Muslims who are observing Ramadan and who will no doubt be horrified by this.  And they know they'll be looked at sideways for a while even though they would never agree with something like this.

Maybe the guy was just anti-gay.   That sentiment is not limited to Muslims.

We will most definitely disagree on the issue of Islam and Muslims. Has nothing to do with being stereotype rather years of study on the Islamic Culture, beliefs and Islamic agenda in this country and outside it.

You are certainly free to entertain whatever opinion you have of their culture and their beliefs, I don't share those rather I believe exactly what they say...not what that want us to believe they say.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
That's a stereotype. I work with three Muslims who are observing Ramadan and who will no doubt be horrified by this.  And they know they'll be looked at sideways for a while even though they would never agree with something like this.

Very true. The homophobia at FR was mind-boggling for me. Very angry and hate-filled.

More than a few Jeff Gannons over there IMO.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Here is one aspect worth considering: The San Bernardino male shooter, and the Orlando shooter, appear to both be native born citizens, born to muslim immigrants.

Am I the only one that sees a pattern and a huge risk, with these people and what they bring to America?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DC and sink stop the bickering..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

His parents were muslims that were admitted. That turned out very badly for the 20+ people that would be murdered by their America born son.

I think its 50 now.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This attack will do what terrorism does best.  Keep people from going to popular places and in turn cause those businesses money.

Schools are letting out for the summer...people are beginning to plan vacations to that area...and now this.

I'd expect to see cancellations increase starting today or tomorrow.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

I believe this thinking is wrong.

Devout muslims are taught in the koran to brutalize, kill, enslave, mistreat any nonbelievers and will be rewarded by allah for doing so. The problem is with islam itself. It always has been. The terrorists who destroy themselves and kill innocent non believers in addition to being mentally unstable are fulfilling a martyr complex.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home