Author Topic: Trump expands slogan: Make America great 'for everyone'  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump expands slogan: Make America great 'for everyone'
« on: June 11, 2016, 06:25:32 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283122-trump-expands-slogan-make-america-great-for-everyone

June 10, 2016, 09:23 pm
Trump expands slogan: Make America great 'for everyone'

By Evelyn Rupert

Donald Trump, under pressure to do damage control over his comments about a Mexican-American judge, has added to his "make America great again" slogan.

"You know, I have the theme ‘make America great again,’ and I've added a couple of things," he said at a Friday rally in Richmond, Va. "Right now I’m adding make America great again — I’m adding 'for everyone,' because it’s really going to be for everyone. It's not going to be for a group of people, it’s going to be for everyone. It’s true."

Pulling a talking point from Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders, Trump then cited high unemployment rates among African-American youth and Hispanics.

"We're going to make it for everyone," Trump said.

Trump has been under fire for what many see as racist comments toward a federal judge of Mexican heritage, who Trump claims is inherently biased in the fraud case against Trump University.

"I am the least racist person. The least racist person that you’ve ever seen. I mean give me a break," Trump said Friday, echoing comments he made to the Washington Post. "I am the least racist person that you’ve ever looked at, believe me."

Trump, who hasn't apologized or walked back his comments about Judge Gonzalo Curiel, has seemingly acknowledged the detrimental affect his remarks have had.

While speaking at an evangelical leadership conference earlier Friday, Trump said in a scripted speech: "Freedom of any kind means no one should be judged by their race or their color."

But Trump continued to attack Sen. Elizabeth Warren and called her "Pocahontas," a slight aimed at her reported Native American heritage. Some have denounced the nickname as racist.

"Pocahontas is not happy. She's not happy. She’s the worst," Trump said in Richmond. "I’m doing such a disservice to Pocahontas, it's so unfair to Pocahontas. But this Elizabeth Warren, I call her goofy Elizabeth Warren, she’s one of the worst senators in the entire United States Senate."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Trump expands slogan: Make America great 'for everyone'
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 06:33:28 pm »
hilarious

Offline RedHead

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 07:58:54 pm »

"I am the least racist person. The least racist person that you’ve ever seen. I mean give me a break," Trump said Friday, echoing comments he made to the Washington Post. "I am the least racist person that you’ve ever looked at, believe me."

If you have to go around saying "I am not a bigot" then you probably are.  And as for Trump. he stands condemned by his own words so no, I don't believe him.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 08:00:32 pm »

While speaking at an evangelical leadership conference earlier Friday, Trump said in a scripted speech: "Freedom of any kind means no one should be judged by their race or their color."

But judging them by their ethnicity is OK with him.

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 11:48:18 pm »
But judging them by their ethnicity is OK with him.

Religion, too.