Author Topic: GOP Sen. Susan Collins: 'Unlikely,' But Won't Say 'Never' to Supporting Hillary  (Read 335 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=733194

Newsmax
GOP Sen. Susan Collins: 'Unlikely,' But Won't Say 'Never' to Supporting Hillary
Thursday, June 9, 2016 07:35 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins said Thursday that she was "not going to say" that she would "never" vote for Democrat Hillary Clinton in light of Donald Trump's racially tinged remarks about the federal judge in the Trump University case.

Trump's comments attacking U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel's Mexican heritage were "an order of magnitude more serious" than his other negative statements, Collins told The New Yorker.

"This is a difficult choice — and it's one, like many of my colleagues, that I am struggling with," Collins said regarding any choice between Trump and Clinton. "It's not like we have perfect candidates from whom to choose in this election."

But she won't rule out Clinton, though.

"I worked very well with Hillary when she was my colleague in the Senate and when she was secretary of state," she told the New Yorker. "But I do not anticipate voting for her this fall.

"I'm not going to say never, because this has been such an unpredictable situation, to say the least."

When pressed further on whether it was possible that she might support Clinton, Collins told the New Yorker: "That is true.

"But I do want to qualify that by saying it is unlikely that I would choose to vote for the Democratic candidate," she added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

I'm still trying to figure out why Collins hasn't switched parties. 

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Susan_Collins.htm
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.