Author Topic: The Next Two Weeks: Either Trump Or Unexpected Redemption Led by Wisconsin  (Read 574 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Having spent the better part of this week suddenly fielding calls from donors and elected officials who’ve been otherwise adamant that I should give up and get on the Trump bandwagon, it is clear Trump has done himself real damage and people are privately reconsidering his nomination. This is unlike the primary in that, for example, Trump attacked Judge Curiel in March and the media ignored it. Now they have seized on it and put him on defense in a way he has not been since attacking Ben Carson as a child molester.....

http://theresurgent.com/the-next-two-weeks-either-trump-or-unexpected-redemption-led-by-wisconsin/

Offline r9etb

I wish I could trust that Mr. Erickson has actually been talking to "donors and elected officials" who really matter, as opposed to people donating at the $50 level, and city councilmen. 

I wish that I could trust his unsubstantiated statement that "More Republican governors, senators, and representatives are starting to fear disaster in November with Trump as the nominee."  Who are they, Mr. Erickson?  Can you give us even a clue?

I wish I could trust him when he assures us that the sources he talks to about the activities of the Rules Committee, are people who actually know what the Rules Committee is doing.  But he provides no details.

Offline LadyLiberty

"Very interesting read" bump.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I wish I could trust that Mr. Erickson has actually been talking to "donors and elected officials" who really matter, as opposed to people donating at the $50 level, and city councilmen. 

I wish that I could trust his unsubstantiated statement that "More Republican governors, senators, and representatives are starting to fear disaster in November with Trump as the nominee."  Who are they, Mr. Erickson?  Can you give us even a clue?

I wish I could trust him when he assures us that the sources he talks to about the activities of the Rules Committee, are people who actually know what the Rules Committee is doing.  But he provides no details.

He has less credibility and clout, as his soul buddy Bill Kristol, and his French campaign.

Once upon a time in the olde days, there were a few major papers, a few major magazines,  and a few major networks. They in turn, had a FEW lead personalities, writers and commentators.

What those FEW lead people said held some weight.

Today there are hundreds of channels, hundreds of website news organs, and therefore most of these people matter very little in the big picture.

Only a FEW matter much. The FEW today include a FEW AM radio people.

If I stopped 100 people on the street, I doubt even ONE would know who Erik Erickson is, let alone care.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Predictions of Trump's demise are like answers from Magic 8 Ball.

• It is certain
  • It is decidedly so
  • Without a doubt
  • Yes, definitely
  • You may rely on it
  • As I see it, yes
  • Most likely
  • Outlook good
  • Yes
  • Signs point to yes
  • Reply hazy try again
  • Ask again later
  • Better not tell you now
  • Cannot predict now
  • Concentrate and ask again
  • Don't count on it
  • My reply is no
  • My sources say no
  • Outlook not so good
  • Very doubtful
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Predictions of Trump's demise are like answers from Magic 8 Ball.

And no matter who wins the race, the country's going to end up
behind the 8 ball. And that one won't be magic, either.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.