Author Topic: Self-immolation, FR style  (Read 897 times)

Offline SquirrelCutter

• Hey Moe, I'm tryin' to think but nothin' happens!
    • My homepage over on FR, if things continue as current I may find a new host.
Self-immolation, FR style
« on: June 09, 2016, 10:05:19 pm »
I think I don't care anymore. I have been in one of those snotty moods the last couple of days where I just want to stick my finger in the eye of every tRumper who is talking crap over there. Plus, I have been a monthly donor for several years - no more, that alone may raise some eyebrows. The fanboys can pay it all from now on.

I guess I should just stay away but it really irritates me what a hate-filled mob that place has turned into. FR has always been a special place for me, in spite of the disputes I've had with other members, it rarely seemed personal before. I'm just tired of the Brownshirts goose-stepping around like a bunch of over-sexed peacocks. I'm cool if people just really like Donald, but being a vicious a-hole to people who don't simply ain't gonna work for me. Let the chips fall where they may. I'm not going to post them an opus, it will go the way all the previous ones have, a bunch of tired insults and that pic of Powers Boothe from "Tombstone." Ain't giving them the satisfaction of kissing my ass. I'll just get zotted, I'm good with that. I want to go out in style, I'm stubborn that way.

I figure I may kick it up a notch over the next few days. Or not, maybe my mood will improve. But I doubt it. Every time I go over there to read on the General page it makes my skin crawl. Yesterday they wanted to put Hugh Hewitt in an asylum because of his remarks about their boy. I'm not a big Hewitt fan but we all have the First Amendment, we should be able to voice our opinion, even in nationwide media, without being threatened up with a trip to the Gulag or a nuthouse. They are like a street full of illegals in California, they chase you down and pelt you with eggs or punch you in the head. Riots-R-Us got nothing on that gang of tRump Humpers over there at TOS. They are as bad or maybe worse than the Libturds; conservatives are supposed to be able to tolerate contrary ideas. The way I look at it is it's OK to disagree with me, you're just wrong, that's all. I benefit in no way from talking a bunch of trash like some internet troll.

I changed my tagline to "I don't like Donald Trump, but I would piss on him if he was on fire." That alone might do it.   :tongue2:
"Do right, and risk the consequences" -- Old Sam Houston

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

I tend to say what I think, sometimes before I think.

And, as always, my opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Self-immolation, FR style
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 10:16:32 pm »
Stop going over there...you have to go cold turkey...take FR off your bookmarks...pick another forum and make it your home...I speak from experience...I know it's hard after so many years.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SquirrelCutter

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 10:55:33 pm »
I know you are right Nancy, but it is like a trainwreck. I just can't not watch it. At this point I'm in it for the amusement.

:smokin:

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 11:29:00 pm »
I think I don't care anymore. I have been in one of those snotty moods the last couple of days where I just want to stick my finger in the eye of every tRumper who is talking crap over there. Plus, I have been a monthly donor for several years - no more, that alone may raise some eyebrows. The fanboys can pay it all from now on.

I guess I should just stay away but it really irritates me what a hate-filled mob that place has turned into. FR has always been a special place for me, in spite of the disputes I've had with other members, it rarely seemed personal before. I'm just tired of the Brownshirts goose-stepping around like a bunch of over-sexed peacocks. I'm cool if people just really like Donald, but being a vicious a-hole to people who don't simply ain't gonna work for me. Let the chips fall where they may. I'm not going to post them an opus, it will go the way all the previous ones have, a bunch of tired insults and that pic of Powers Boothe from "Tombstone." Ain't giving them the satisfaction of kissing my ass. I'll just get zotted, I'm good with that. I want to go out in style, I'm stubborn that way.

I figure I may kick it up a notch over the next few days. Or not, maybe my mood will improve. But I doubt it. Every time I go over there to read on the General page it makes my skin crawl. Yesterday they wanted to put Hugh Hewitt in an asylum because of his remarks about their boy. I'm not a big Hewitt fan but we all have the First Amendment, we should be able to voice our opinion, even in nationwide media, without being threatened up with a trip to the Gulag or a nuthouse. They are like a street full of illegals in California, they chase you down and pelt you with eggs or punch you in the head. Riots-R-Us got nothing on that gang of tRump Humpers over there at TOS. They are as bad or maybe worse than the Libturds; conservatives are supposed to be able to tolerate contrary ideas. The way I look at it is it's OK to disagree with me, you're just wrong, that's all. I benefit in no way from talking a bunch of trash like some internet troll.

I changed my tagline to "I don't like Donald Trump, but I would piss on him if he was on fire." That alone might do it.   :tongue2:
@SquirrelCutter

I'm not a banned ex-FReeper...just a ghost now...haven't posted since the end of April I think...it's a disgusting madhouse over there, I get it, that's why I left.  My account is only active in order to offer other like minded FReepers an out. 

Spend some time on the welcome thread...decompress, vent your spleen, scream...then peruse the rest of TBR, get the lay of the land and after a while, TOS becomes a bit of a humor break.

Welcome aboard WTC 0005a
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 11:39:00 pm »
@SquirrelCutter

Btw, saw that you're a MTB'er...if you're ever in SoCal, Antelope Valley area, give me a holler and if you're interested, can take you riding.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SquirrelCutter

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 11:58:22 pm »
I'd love to ride SoCal, if I ever go back there again I'll look you up. I mean you got two places that are the birth place(s) of mountain biking, The Bay Area and Aspen, CO. Your state has more than it's share, but we've been run off a lot of Mt. Tam these days.

Just Keep Pedaling!

--George Washington

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 12:07:29 am »
I'd love to ride SoCal, if I ever go back there again I'll look you up. I mean you got two places that are the birth place(s) of mountain biking, The Bay Area and Aspen, CO. Your state has more than it's share, but we've been run off a lot of Mt. Tam these days.

Just Keep Pedaling!
@SquirrelCutter

:beer:

Where I'm at, we've got foothills, lowlands, Mt. Pinos about an hour or so away and some sweet trails in the Tehachapi Mtns about 30 minutes away...I'm too old for Black Diamond stuff, but if that's your style, can get you together with some folks who are in the know.

We have a saying out here; If you don't ride in the wind, you'll never ride...

Offline SquirrelCutter

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 12:18:39 am »
"We have a saying out here; If you don't ride in the wind, you'll never ride..."

VERY similar to Texas. I'm from the Panhandle, where 50-60 mph ain't at all unusual. I remember when I was in school in Austin and the Daily Texan headline "38 MPH GALE STRIKES CAMPUS!"

What a bunch of snowflakes.

--George Washington

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 01:46:45 am »
"We have a saying out here; If you don't ride in the wind, you'll never ride..."

VERY similar to Texas. I'm from the Panhandle, where 50-60 mph ain't at all unusual. I remember when I was in school in Austin and the Daily Texan headline "38 MPH GALE STRIKES CAMPUS!"

What a bunch of snowflakes.

We don't get too worried until it hits 35+...lifts up the dust and creates brownouts...