Author Topic: Trump Interview - The Transcript (Cal Thomas and Trump discuss worldview, America, religion and more)  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Certainly not Trump who's Presbyterianism goes back a whole 8 months or so.

Separation of church and state.  Repeat often.   

Offline RedHead

More like separation of Church and Trump, regardless of what he says.  I wouldn't mind if he did not attend church or wasn't religious.  I do mind that he feels the need to lie about it.

Silver Pines

"DT: Jesus to me is somebody I can think about for security and confidence. Somebody I can revere in terms of bravery and in terms of courage and, because I consider the Christian religion so important, somebody I can totally rely on in my own mind."

It's always painfully obvious whenever Trump flounders at answering a question.  This response really isn't all that different from the one Obama gave in 2004:

GG:  Who’s Jesus to you?

OBAMA:  Right. Jesus is a historical figure for me, and he’s also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher. And he’s also a wonderful teacher. I think it’s important for all of us, of whatever faith, to have teachers in the flesh and also teachers in history.

http://www1.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2008/06/03/2004-interview-obama-talks-about-jesus-heaven-and-sin

Neither of them have a clue who Jesus is.  When Trump got on stage at the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition and waved a Bible, saying, "I'm one of you, remember that," he shamelessly lied.

Wingnut

Separation of Trump and State.  Repeat more often

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Neither of them have a clue who Jesus is.  When Trump got on stage at the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition and waved a Bible, saying, "I'm one of you, remember that," he shamelessly lied.

Add to that all the lies he [knowingly] espoused about Ted Cruz during his campaign, and considering Trump's age as well [the average lifespan of a white male in the US is 76], he might want to put his asking forgiveness on the front burner.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Reading his blather is more mind numbing than listening to it.

I've always noticed that.  If his debate comments were transcribed and some mean person forced us to read them, we would see more about how ignorant he is.  He cannot speak in complete, coherent sentences.  His talk is full of repetitions and hyperbole.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

Add to that all the lies he [knowingly] espoused about Ted Cruz during his campaign, and considering Trump's age as well [the average lifespan of a white male in the US is 76], he might want to put his asking forgiveness on the front burner.

Whew...isn't that the truth.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump got misquoted AGAIN!....lololol

Seriously, the man needs our prayers.  He has no idea what salvation through Jesus Christ is.

A lot of unworthy people need prayers.  I'm saving mine for someone who knows they need help.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
If his debate comments were transcribed and some mean person forced us to read them....

Ah ha! An answer to the Donald!

"I would absolutely authorize something beyond waterboarding. And believe me, it will be effective." -DJT
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Which would be fine, if he were simply honest about his faith.

If he's a secular agnostic and doesn't know or care if there's a God, and he comes out and says so—so be it. This wouldn't be an issue. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate, has said as much (he's emphasizing more of his Lutheran upbringing now but he's being very careful on how he words it).

The issue here is that Trump is blatantly putting on a weak façade of Christianity solely because he thinks it would get him votes, even though his entire lifestyle is antithetical (sorry for all the ten-dollar words, sometimes I get on a roll) to how a Christian is supposed to live: one is supposed to live cleanly, peacefully and modestly, living life as God commands to the best of our abilities, not seeking harmful Earthly pleasures, and fervently proclaiming His good news. Does Trump even come close to that? Yet he claims to be a Christian while proudly promoting lust, greed and arrogance.

It is the on-its-face hypocrisy that makes this such a sin, not so much his religion (whatever it may be) itself.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024