Author Topic: Everywhere Republicans turn, it’s all Trump  (Read 12283 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Everywhere Republicans turn, it’s all Trump
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2016, 11:28:59 pm »
Donald Trump is the UNDISPUTED nominee @WAC.  It's time to get used to this and past time to drop your armchair psychology.

Now there's no getting around it .... you're only helping Hillary ---- and this needs to stop.

I'm going to ask this question again and see if I can get an answer.

Earlier on, Trump people told us our support wasn't needed, that Trump would win without us.

What changed?

Silver Pines

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2016, 11:32:41 pm »
if you don't catch up and accept that the 2016 Republican primaries are over; if you don't put down your hate; if you don't join the team....then Hillary Clinton will win.

So the Trump Train isn't unstoppable, after all?

Regardless, you're just not going to guilt us into voting for that amoral, crazy wreck of a human, and you're going to have to accept it. 

Offline WAC

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2016, 11:39:32 pm »

If he just gets high off the "process of winning" - that bodes very dangerous for us as a country should such a madman get into the White House.  He'd be bored in two days and seek to find another victim to pummel for the conquest to feel a "win".

Given all this food for thought I'm beginning to think Trump may actually be worse than Hillary in that office.

Actually Trump has said  it's never been money that's motivated him, rather it's the game....... so I have no doubt if he wins this he will be bored at least and at best simply hand over the responsibilities of the office to someone else. That's what he does with all his "deals". I also believe at least his one son will be very much involved with the Presidency.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2016, 11:41:43 pm »

Earlier on, Trump people told us our support wasn't needed, that Trump would win without us.

What changed?
Its not the withholding a vote, its the Pro Hillary activism.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline WAC

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2016, 11:47:37 pm »
It's pretty amazing Trump supporters can't grasp that opposing Trump has nothing to do with hatred for him..... The guy simply is completely unfit for the office....so the real question is why can't they see what is so obvious?

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2016, 11:52:07 pm »
Hillary Smillary.  She is going to jail.  And if she doesn't, because Trumpy supporters aren't outraged at the current administration.  If she doesn't go to jail, the government should drop all charges against Snowden, because whats the difference?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2016, 11:52:19 pm »

What changed?

Nothing's changed. Don't vote for Trump @CatherineofAragon.   I object to your sole goal of helping Hillary win.  Are you on her payroll?   

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2016, 11:54:29 pm »
It's pretty amazing Trump supporters can't grasp that opposing Trump has nothing to do with hatred for him..... The guy simply is completely unfit for the office....

This opinion is, IMHO, @WAC irrational.  Especially when you're saying, by default, that Hillary Clinton is.

I think this irrationality does border on pure hate.   :shrug:

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2016, 11:58:53 pm »
Nothing's changed. Don't vote for Trump @CatherineofAragon.   I object to your sole goal of helping Hillary win.  Are you on her payroll?

Well, but something did change.  You folks used to dismiss us; now you're desperate for our votes.

Actually, I'm Hillary's fashion consultant.   I'm responsible for the Chairman Mao pantsuits.  They're very appropriate, don't you think?....both for her ideology and for her pear shape.

Right in Virginia, since I'm not voting for Hillary, I'm actively helping Trump win, if we use your reasoning.  Does that make you feel better?  Or maybe I just cancel myself out, I don't know...

Silver Pines

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2016, 12:00:05 am »

Give me specifics on what I'm doing to actively help Hillary win.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2016, 12:09:36 am »
Well, but something did change.  You folks used to dismiss us; now you're desperate for our votes.

Actually, I'm Hillary's fashion consultant.   I'm responsible for the Chairman Mao pantsuits.  They're very appropriate, don't you think?....both for her ideology and for her pear shape.

Right in Virginia, since I'm not voting for Hillary, I'm actively helping Trump win, if we use your reasoning.  Does that make you feel better?  Or maybe I just cancel myself out, I don't know...
Look at the list of articles on here, the vast majority are there for the sole purpose of helping Hillary. They attack Trump from far left sources and are pushing hard to destroy the party with some stupid conspiracy to deny Trump the nomination at the convention.  There are some posters openly posting articles on why Cruz people should vote for Hillary. Others posting pure democrat propaganda.

in other words Hillary camp trolls moved from stealth manipulation to actively targeting the Cruz people now.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2016, 12:16:51 am »
Look at the list of articles on here, the vast majority are there for the sole purpose of helping Hillary. They attack Trump from far left sources and are pushing hard to destroy the party with some stupid conspiracy to deny Trump the nomination at the convention.  There are some posters openly posting articles on why Cruz people should vote for Hillary. Others posting pure democrat propaganda.

in other words Hillary camp trolls moved from stealth manipulation to actively targeting the Cruz people now.

Whats your name on FR? Because you argue just like the current crop of Leftists there.

And when are you going to get back to the other thread and explain to me why I should vote for a guy that mocks the disabled?

Because many of us there noticed you disappeared after my response to you.

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2016, 12:18:48 am »

Again, don't vote for Donald Trump. That's your singular choice.   

But you are here day in and day out trying to convince others to join you in abstaining .... and the more who do the clearer Hillary's path is  to 51%.   Logic dictates that there must be a reason for your sustained shadow campaign to help Hillary and there is only one reason I can think of to explain it.  I am left seriously wondering  @CatherineofAragon  if you are on the Clinton payroll.   :shrug: 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2016, 12:20:22 am »
Whats your name on FR? Because you argue just like the current crop of Leftists there.

And when are you going to get back to the other thread and explain to me why I should vote for a guy that mocks the disabled?

Because many of us there noticed you disappeared after my response to you.

Over-inflated sense of self, IMO.  :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2016, 12:22:17 am »

But you are here day in and day out trying to convince others to join you in abstaining .... and the more who do the clearer Hillary's path is  to 51%.   Logic dictates that there must be a reason for your sustained shadow campaign to help Hillary and there is only one reason I can think of to explain it.  I am left seriously wondering  @CatherineofAragon  if you are on the Clinton payroll.   :shrug:

She certainly seems to be.

Funny what, 'needing to be right' will do to some people.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2016, 12:23:04 am »
Over-inflated sense of self, IMO.  :whistle:

Why are you under the mistaken impression that your opinion matters?

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2016, 12:24:26 am »

You should have thought of that before you nominated someone whom you KNEW we wouldn't vote for.  That is your fault and when Clinton wins that will be your fault too.  The fault lies with the blind desperate fools who nominated a deceitful NYC liberal.  The GOP couldn't have done any worse if it had simply cut to the chase and nominated Clinton.

You picked someone you knew would not get the votes.  That is your fault. It is not the fault of the people who stand by their principles and refuse to vote for the troglodyte you nominated.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2016, 12:28:56 am »

You picked someone you knew would not get the votes.  That is your fault. It is not the fault of the people who stand by their principles and refuse to vote for the troglodyte you nominated.

Actually Oc it isn't their 'fault'. It was their INTENT. Because history shows every single election going back a decade, they pull the same crap in bulling a liberal to the various nominations of/in congress, the senate and the big chair. Then demand everyone 'unite' because 'this election is the most important ever.

Someone needs to either disprove that they arent intentionally driving the leftism in the GOP or show where actual history is incorrect.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:30:02 am by Norm Lenhart »

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2016, 12:43:40 am »

You should have thought of that before you nominated someone whom you KNEW we wouldn't vote for.  That is your fault and when Clinton wins that will be your fault too.  The fault lies with the blind desperate fools who nominated a deceitful NYC liberal.  The GOP couldn't have done any worse if it had simply cut to the chase and nominated Clinton.

@Oceander --- This would be an adequate argument, even a clever one, if this election was solely about YOU.  It is not.  It is about the greater good for this generation and the next of American citizens.  Your choice is Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.  That's it---even if the choice makes you pound your fists and stamp your feet.  This is the choice.

You must make a decision about who to vote for.  This is what adults do.  We look at the options and make an affirmative choice. 

Oh, and if you're going to reach into your toy box and throw out that there's no difference between the two, just stop now.  I'm weary of this disingenuous answer.

Good luck, Oceander.  I am hoping to see you back at the grownups table.   

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2016, 12:50:14 am »
@Oceander --- This would be an adequate argument, even a clever one, if this election was solely about YOU.  It is not.  It is about the greater good for this generation and the next of American citizens.  Your choice is Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.  That's it---even if the choice makes you pound your fists and stamp your feet.  This is the choice.

You must make a decision about who to vote for.  This is what adults do.  We look at the options and make an affirmative choice. 

Oh, and if you're going to reach into your toy box and throw out that there's no difference between the two, just stop now.  I'm weary of this disingenuous answer.

Nope. Not voting for Trump is not voting for Trump.  Hell, the way Trump has trashed this judge, can anybody be sure what criteria he would use to choose SC justices?  It appears if you're Hispanic, Muslim, or a woman, you have no chance. 

There is a difference between Trump and Hillary.  As PJ O'Rourke so aptly put it:  "Hillary is terrible, but she is terrible within the bounds of normalcy.  Trump is outside the bounds of normalcy.  Period."

Trump is crazy.  We can survive a bad president like Hillary.  We can't survive an unpredictable, unstable crazy like Donald Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2016, 01:01:04 am »
Because history shows every single election going back a decade, they pull the same crap in bulling a liberal to the various nominations of/in congress, the senate and the big chair. Then demand everyone 'unite' because 'this election is the most important ever.

Both Trump and Cruz were, in my opinion, representatives of the anti-GOPe insurgency, people who decided that they would no longer accept "the lesser of two evils" just because that "lesser" was not the Democrat.  And yet that is now the key, perhaps the only, reason that Trump supporters hold out as a rationale for the rest of us to "get on the Trump Train."  "If you don't vote for Trump then you're voting for Hillary!"  No, I'm not.  I decided many months ago that I would not let the GOP establishment tell me I had to vote for one of their "moderates" just because he wasn't the Democrat, and I maintain the same position now with GOP populist voters.

The only change is that I am forced to recognize that neither GOP elites nor GOP rank-and-file voters believe what I believe.  I didn't leave the party, the party left me.
James 1:20

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2016, 01:08:30 am »

@Oceander hardly requires me to defend his honor, but as an adult he understands that when a voter is presented with only two choices, and you honestly believe that those choices are between "disaster" and "nightmare", the best choice is to vote for None of the Above, or for someone else. To do otherwise would be to surrender one's values in exchange for false hope.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Silver Pines

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2016, 01:09:08 am »

I've seen no pro-Hillary articles.  This is GOPbriefingroom, so I doubt they'd be allowed to stand.

Neither have I seen any far left sources.  What are some of those?

I HAVE seen anti-Trump material from conservative sources, and it's hard to confuse those with "far left." 

Party loyalty isn't the issue, nor am I concerned with it.  The Republican party will burn itself to the ground by allying with Trump; not my problem.

What are some specific examples of Democratic propaganda posted here?

Silver Pines

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2016, 01:16:09 am »

Really?  Can you point out any posts I've made actively encouraging other posters not to vote for Trump?  Thanks, I'll be checking to see what you find.

("Shadow campaign"---seriously?  Why are so many Trump supporters into conspiratorial thinking?)

You can wonder 'til the cows come home, Right in Virginia.  That's certainly your right and I won't try to talk you out of it.   But the bottom line---and the hard truth you're going to have to deal with somehow---is that we NeverTrumps were serious when we told you we wouldn't support your Donald under any circumstances.  We warned you over and over---don't nominate this totally unqualified, amoral, nutty con man.  But you had to have him, so now you're going to have to cope with the consequences. 

Looks like you should have taken us seriously.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2016, 01:16:34 am »
Nope. Not voting for Trump is not voting for Trump.  Hell, the way Trump has trashed this judge, can anybody be sure what criteria he would use to choose SC justices?  It appears if you're Hispanic, Muslim, or a woman, you have no chance. 

There is a difference between Trump and Hillary.  As PJ O'Rourke so aptly put it:  "Hillary is terrible, but she is terrible within the bounds of normalcy.  Trump is outside the bounds of normalcy.  Period."

Trump is crazy.  We can survive a bad president like Hillary.  We can't survive an unpredictable, unstable crazy like Donald Trump. 
this the kind of talk paid Hillary trolls make