Author Topic: Monckton: It’s Time For ‘Texit’ — Texas Should Secede, Thatcher Advisor Says  (Read 71449 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He's obviously put some thought into this.

As US currency continues to slip further into a future abyss, I can support this, if it can take place in a peaceful manner.  Let us live and govern as a conservative sovereign nation here in Texas, and we will gladly farm out  defense to our allies in the US.

The turds in DC do not represent what Texas wants or needs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

How does it work?  Not the way you think apparently.
I'll just cut to the chase...

If Texas unilaterally seceded from the US and declared an independent Republic - regardless of how it happened for the sake of argument - would you advocate and support the US Government in using force to quell the Texas rebellion?

Asking, because the answer can belay a lot of roundabout back & forth.
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

If Texas unilaterally seceded from the US and declared an independent Republic - regardless of how it happened for the sake of argument - would you advocate and support the US Government in using force to quell the Texas rebellion?

That's the rub.  The USA needs Texas, more than Texas needs the USA.  I think the SHTF scenario as an economic collapse may be a possible triggering point that might avoid a bloody conflict.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That's the rub.  The USA needs Texas, more than Texas needs the USA.  I think the SHTF scenario as an economic collapse may be a possible triggering point that might avoid a bloody conflict.

Yep. When DC runs out of money - and it will run out of money - what choice will there be? The governors will do what they have to do to maintain a functioning civil order. They aren't going to wait for an impotent Washington to work something out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RedHead

If Texas was to secede unilaterally then it would be because they are not interested in a peaceful separation and I'd support whatever force was necessary to protect U.S. interests.

Offline RedHead

That's the rub.  The USA needs Texas, more than Texas needs the USA. 

Debatable.

Offline DiogenesLamp

If Texas was to secede unilaterally then it would be because they are not interested in a peaceful separation and I'd support whatever force was necessary to protect U.S. interests.

Because we just can't tolerate slaves running off from the plantation.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Debatable.

Well if the US doesn't need Texas,  as your "Debatable"  comment implies,   then aren't all your concerns about "protecting U.S. Interests"   already addressed?   

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:11:54 pm by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Sort of figured you say that.  This means you'd put on the uniform (or OK your kids doing so), salute President Hillary Clinton as your commander and chief, and march off to kill folks yearning to breath free.  Because that's what use of force means.
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Then I ask that if you are specifying any requirements before a state may be allowed to leave,   I suggest you ask yourself if these same requirements applied to the colonies leaving the United Kingdom.   

Yes I am. Yes they did.

If they do not,   then I suggest you don't try to apply a different standard to any independence bid by one or more of the states,  then what you would apply to the colonies.

I'm not.

Again, what's your argument? The topic is Texas Secession; in plain words, are you for it, or agin it?
Let it burn.

Offline Ghost Bear

Would Texas get nukes? Or would they be another Canada?  :smokin:

Not to begin with, but I think we could get 'em quick enough should we think we need them. So, in that regard we'd be more like Japan than Canada.
Let it burn.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

If the US were honoring the Constitution, I might say you had a point. 

Online cato potatoe

The other states may entertain the request, if the Lonestar Republic agrees to take on their portion ($1.6 trillion) of the national debt.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Yes I am. Yes they did.

I'm not.

Again, what's your argument? The topic is Texas Secession; in plain words, are you for it, or agin it?

I am in favor of Texas doing whatever Texas wants to do.   I do not believe in forced association.   I believe in freedom of association.   

If the people of Texas want to leave the Union,  I am in favor of allowing them to do so.   If the people of Texas want to remain in the Union,   I am in favor of them remaining in the Union.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The other states may entertain the request, if the Lonestar Republic agrees to take on their portion ($1.6 trillion) of the national debt.

Not so fast.   It is not quite that simple.   

If the majority of Texans want to secede,   then the state should be allowed to become it's own independent country.   However,  I predict there will be many people living in Texas that do not want to become Texas citizens,   but instead wish to remain US Citizens.   

Texas should only acquire that portion of the National Debt that is represented by that portion of their population that wishes to become Texas citizens.   Those wishing to remain US citizens would of course keep the portion of the National debt they already owe.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Ghost Bear

I am in favor of Texas doing whatever Texas wants to do.   I do not believe in forced association.   I believe in freedom of association.   

If the people of Texas want to leave the Union,  I am in favor of allowing them to do so.   If the people of Texas want to remain in the Union,   I am in favor of them remaining in the Union.   

Then we agree! Huzzah!  :beer:

Edit: 3 is a magic number!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:15:36 pm by Bear_in_RoseBear »
Let it burn.

Online goatprairie

Then I take you believe every state has the right to leave the union if it feels like it?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Then I take you believe every state has the right to leave the union if it feels like it?

Why not?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

If you would read the information about the peaceful legislative process that the Texas Nationalist Movement has been working on for years, you might think differently. Interesting that you favor taking up arms against Texans to 'protect US interests." I guess you think the US owns Texas.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why do I picture guys on the 'net talking about Texas secession like this?

:tongue2:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:24:05 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline RedHead

Because we just can't tolerate slaves running off from the plantation.

Whatever.

Offline RedHead

Sort of figured you say that.  This means you'd put on the uniform (or OK your kids doing so), salute President Hillary Clinton as your commander and chief, and march off to kill folks yearning to breath free.  Because that's what use of force means.

And by seceding unilaterally that would be what Texas wanted.  Why are you so upset when they are given it?

Offline RedHead

If the US were honoring the Constitution, I might say you had a point.

I forget, where is the part where Constitutional violations are what you say they are?

Offline austingirl

Why do I picture guys on the 'net talking about Texas secession like this?

:tongue2:

Why? Because you subscribe to stereotypes- that's why. And because you believe cartoons accurately depict life. Do you get out much? :tongue2:

Offline austingirl

And by seceding unilaterally that would be what Texas wanted.  Why are you so upset when they are given it?

Ludicrous comment. You apparently think that a national government is acceptable. The Founders gave us sovereign States with a very weak federal government but we have extra-Constitutional national rule now and that's cool with you. You would support killing Texans who voted for independence- that is truly abhorrent.